All reviewstwo double bedsnext doorpitch viewvirgin gymmatch dayscar parkfree accesshealth clubengland rugbyhotel guestsroom was spaciousrugby matchrugby fanschecking inroom ratebuffet breakfastyou'd expect
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel just after Christmas and it turned out to be a real pleasure. Room was spacious, clean and modern with a nice bathroom. Staff were friendly and helpfull and it had various nice and comfortable seating areas . The hotel does not feel claustaphobic . There is also an excellent gym next door which is free for hotel guests. We often travel to London and don't mind staying in the suburbs. The train connection to central London is fast and there are excellent shopping areas nearby such as Richmond and Kingston. I would defibately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was recently at the Heiniken Cup game Harlequins V Connacht and stayed in this hotel for the weekend with my wife. I found the rooms very well appointed and the price was competitive. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was good with a wide range to choose from, but at £14 each if booked the night before and £17 on the day is pricey. The price of drinks at the bar are also a tad on the pricey side. I did not get to avail of the leisure facilities but I understand they are excellent. I was most impressed when my wife left her iphone charger in the room, and I rang the hotel asking if they found it could they forward it on. I am glad to say I have recieved it by mail.The hotel is close to transport amenities, although if you get a black taxi from the airport (Heathrow) it will cost approx £35, the return journey by local taxi was £18. Overall very good and highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garrytex
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed in the Twickenham Marriott for two nights over New Year's Eve 2012 with my girlfriend.
When staying in London, we usually stay in a Marriott more centrally located. However, it being New Year's Eve, central London prices were exorbitant so we plumped for a stay here as the price was considerably cheaper. I'm also a rugby fan so was keen for the opportunity to visit Twickenham Stadium during our stay.
Twickenham is well connected to central London by train (trains go every 10mins or so, fast trains to London Waterloo go every 15/20mins and take around 25mins) so transport isn't really a problem. However, it is a leisurely 10min walk from Twickenham train station to the hotel.
The hotel itself was excellent. The staff were extremely courteous and the room was the usual high standard that we have come to expect from Marriott.
On the first night we stayed in a room facing outwards from the stadium so had a nice view overlooking part of south London. On the second night, I happened to mention to the receptionist in the morning that I was a rugby fan and had heard that the hotel had some rooms with views of the pitch. The receptionist amazingly then proceeded to ask me if I would like a complimentary upgrade to a room with a pitch view for our second night as the hotel was fairly quiet. Obviously I snapped her up on her offer and was delighted with a room which overlooked the Twickenham pitch!
Whilst the hotel doesn't have its own gym, hotel guests have free access to the Virgin Active gym located next door. The gym is massive and has a huge range of equipment so is definitely a big plus if you like working out.
Although in truth I will probably stay in a more centrally located hotel next time I come to London, I wouldn't hesitate to come back to the Twickenham Marriott if price/availability dictated so, and for anyone attending a game at either Twickenham Stadium or the Twickenham Stoop, this is an ideal hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

What a pleasure - out of the rugby into a wonderful room and such a comfortable bed!
Cannot comment on the hotel as we only used the room. We did have room service - typical high London prices, but good quality food.
Not a hotel I would come to normally but certainly after being with 82,000 people at Twickenham, it was a great escape within five minutes.....

Room Tip: Booked a twin room - large and excellent beds.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with friends as we were spending news years in London. The room itself was of good standard and the beds were very comfortable. The downside was that the hotel is attached to the rugby stadium which meant our windows looked out onto a wall making it feel very dark and claustrophobic. You also can't open the windows.

Wi-Fi is not included with your stay and you have to pay GBP6.00 for one hour and car parking is GBP34.00 for 24hours. For a Marriott hotel it would have been nice if you had something included in the price that you pay.

The plus side of staying in this hotel is the use of gym and pool which were fantastic.

The staff upon check in were polite and helpful.

If you’re looking for central London this is not that close but takes 20mins on the train if you’re happy to travel in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends