All reviews two double beds pitch view next door virgin gym match days car park health club hotel guests rugby game free parking room was spacious checking in kew gardens hampton court reception staff you'd expect stayed here for one night
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was recently at the Heiniken Cup game Harlequins V Connacht and stayed in this hotel for the weekend with my wife. I found the rooms very well appointed and the price was competitive. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was good with a wide range to choose from, but at £14 each if booked the night before and £17 on the day is pricey. The price of drinks at the bar are also a tad on the pricey side. I did not get to avail of the leisure facilities but I understand they are excellent. I was most impressed when my wife left her iphone charger in the room, and I rang the hotel asking if they found it could they forward it on. I am glad to say I have recieved it by mail.The hotel is close to transport amenities, although if you get a black taxi from the airport (Heathrow) it will cost approx £35, the return journey by local taxi was £18. Overall very good and highly recommended

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank garrytex
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed in the Twickenham Marriott for two nights over New Year's Eve 2012 with my girlfriend.
When staying in London, we usually stay in a Marriott more centrally located. However, it being New Year's Eve, central London prices were exorbitant so we plumped for a stay here as the price was considerably cheaper. I'm also a rugby fan so was keen for the opportunity to visit Twickenham Stadium during our stay.
Twickenham is well connected to central London by train (trains go every 10mins or so, fast trains to London Waterloo go every 15/20mins and take around 25mins) so transport isn't really a problem. However, it is a leisurely 10min walk from Twickenham train station to the hotel.
The hotel itself was excellent. The staff were extremely courteous and the room was the usual high standard that we have come to expect from Marriott.
On the first night we stayed in a room facing outwards from the stadium so had a nice view overlooking part of south London. On the second night, I happened to mention to the receptionist in the morning that I was a rugby fan and had heard that the hotel had some rooms with views of the pitch. The receptionist amazingly then proceeded to ask me if I would like a complimentary upgrade to a room with a pitch view for our second night as the hotel was fairly quiet. Obviously I snapped her up on her offer and was delighted with a room which overlooked the Twickenham pitch!
Whilst the hotel doesn't have its own gym, hotel guests have free access to the Virgin Active gym located next door. The gym is massive and has a huge range of equipment so is definitely a big plus if you like working out.
Although in truth I will probably stay in a more centrally located hotel next time I come to London, I wouldn't hesitate to come back to the Twickenham Marriott if price/availability dictated so, and for anyone attending a game at either Twickenham Stadium or the Twickenham Stoop, this is an ideal hotel.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

What a pleasure - out of the rugby into a wonderful room and such a comfortable bed!
Cannot comment on the hotel as we only used the room. We did have room service - typical high London prices, but good quality food.
Not a hotel I would come to normally but certainly after being with 82,000 people at Twickenham, it was a great escape within five minutes.....

Room tip: Booked a twin room - large and excellent beds.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with friends as we were spending news years in London. The room itself was of good standard and the beds were very comfortable. The downside was that the hotel is attached to the rugby stadium which meant our windows looked out onto a wall making it feel very dark and claustrophobic. You also can't open the windows.

Wi-Fi is not included with your stay and you have to pay GBP6.00 for one hour and car parking is GBP34.00 for 24hours. For a Marriott hotel it would have been nice if you had something included in the price that you pay.

The plus side of staying in this hotel is the use of gym and pool which were fantastic.

The staff upon check in were polite and helpful.

If you’re looking for central London this is not that close but takes 20mins on the train if you’re happy to travel in.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed at many other Marriotts where the leisure facilities are far better geared to a family so if that is importatnt, use another hotel. Here, there are just 2 one-hour slots per day when children under 16 can use the pool, one had already finished for the day when we checked in at 4pm so we couldn't go straight into the pool as planned and the other was next morning 11-12 when check-out is 12 pm so was rushed and not everyone was able to make it.

We booked 2 rooms and they were very clean and comfortable, the beds and pillows were especially good. It would be nice to be able to park nearer the hotel entrance but you cannot blame Marriot for the design of the otherwise impressive Twickenham stadium. Concierge Helen was kind enough to show us the 6th flor suites with a pitch view.

Room tip: If you want to take your kids to the pool, stay in nearby Heathrow at the Marriott, Novotel or Crowne Plaza that are all better suited for families. Here, under 16s cannot use the spa pool, sauna etc and there is nowhere for non-swimmming parents to sit and watch their kids enjoy a swim, we saw 2 other families struggle with this issue.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family