All reviews two double beds next door pitch view virgin gym match days car park free access health club england rugby hotel guests rugby match rugby fans room was spacious checking in room rate buffet breakfast you'd expect
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed there with my son for the England v South Africa game. Location is of course perfect for matches or concerts at Twickenham, as it's generally a nightmare getting away from matches with long queues at the station and 80,000 odd people all looking to get home. I thought the hotel managed the balance between residents and supporters coming into the bar to drink and meet up well and the residents only areas were good. Starting with the good points, the room (a standard double/ twin) was modern and spacious enough and the bathroom pretty good. The bed however was one of the best I've slept in anywhere. Really, really good quality linen, under mattress, quality pillows and a decent size. Excellent.

Now for the not so great points; they charge for Internet which is unacceptable in my view in such a hotel £240 for the night exclusive of breakfast. No mini bar - there was a fridge but it wasn't stocked. On match days they restrict the bar /room service menu but then hike up all the prices!! We had room service for lunch (quick response time) . Asked at reception at 2pm on way out for plates etc to be cleared, 4 hours later on our return they were still there. No turn down service so the teas and coffee we had in our room at lunch time were not replenished in the evening. Food (room service and the first floor bar) was ok, nothing exceptional and a fairly basic offering. If weather dry, you're probably better off walking into Twickenham (10 - 15 minutes) to a restaurant.

There's a decent fitness centre next door with a pool which I understand is free for guests.

It was surprisingly unrefined around the edges but the room and location probably made up for that if you are simply there for a match or concert and I would stay there again but with expectations adjusted.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in the 40's (ie 240) can be quite a corridor hike from the lifts
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I haven't been here for a while, but in the area more frequently now, and booked in.

The hotel is clean and modern, part of the famous Rugby ground about 10 minutes walk from Twickenham station where you can pick up a train into central London (Waterloo) every 10 minutes.

Check in experience was welcoming and efficient - I received an upgrade and as well as the extra comforts, some fresh fruit and water was waiting for me - nice touch.

I've stayed in both standard and superior rooms here in the past, they are all clean, modern and the first thing you will notice is the size of the rooms. This is a large hotel, and the rooms are much bigger than most of the hotels I've stayed in over the years.

The bar on the ground floor is large with two of the biggest plasma TVs I've ever seen, so if your a sports fan it's a great place to unwind and watch a game.

On the first floor there is another smaller bar and large restaurant - many thanks to Agnes for a warm welcome and great service.

All in all I was impressed, the staff were friendly and looked after me, the rooms are great and the location good. I'm going to make this my regular hotel from now on !

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart_T_2011
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the only hotel to stay at if your going to a game at Twickenham. Car park is next to the hotel which is great. Then its a case of food and drink before the game then after the game stroll back to the first floor bar which the non-residents cant access. Rooms are spacious for a "London" hotel and the staff were friendly. Breakfast was superb.

Room Tip: you wont get a room with a view of the pitch but you can ask for a forward facing room to watch all the fans milling about
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of lunch at the 22 before the England Fiji game. I was with a group of friends from work who had never been to Twickenham before. They were suitable impressed.The restaurant was packed but the food and service were really very good. A great start to the game.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stopped at this hotel for the England game. The hotel itself is great. Very nice rooms, clean and a large bed! It was part of a special event for my son! However it was nearly ruined by 2 things: firstly the swimming pool. At 5.30pm we wanted a swim but they wouldn't let my lad in. Some rubbish about allowing an hour and a half at 2.30 only! So we thought we would get a bite to eat in the cafe bar. The welcome pack said food till ten. But when we arrived they stopped serving food. Room service did save the day but it cost me £15 for the privilege. For the pool well they should have let him in as long as there was a responsible adult? The guy on reception said it was an adult only centre! Can he say that?

• Stayed: November 2012