All reviews two double beds next door pitch view virgin gym match days car park free access health club england rugby hotel guests rugby match rugby fans room was spacious checking in room rate buffet breakfast you'd expect
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I haven't been here for a while, but in the area more frequently now, and booked in.

The hotel is clean and modern, part of the famous Rugby ground about 10 minutes walk from Twickenham station where you can pick up a train into central London (Waterloo) every 10 minutes.

Check in experience was welcoming and efficient - I received an upgrade and as well as the extra comforts, some fresh fruit and water was waiting for me - nice touch.

I've stayed in both standard and superior rooms here in the past, they are all clean, modern and the first thing you will notice is the size of the rooms. This is a large hotel, and the rooms are much bigger than most of the hotels I've stayed in over the years.

The bar on the ground floor is large with two of the biggest plasma TVs I've ever seen, so if your a sports fan it's a great place to unwind and watch a game.

On the first floor there is another smaller bar and large restaurant - many thanks to Agnes for a warm welcome and great service.

All in all I was impressed, the staff were friendly and looked after me, the rooms are great and the location good. I'm going to make this my regular hotel from now on !

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart_T_2011
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the only hotel to stay at if your going to a game at Twickenham. Car park is next to the hotel which is great. Then its a case of food and drink before the game then after the game stroll back to the first floor bar which the non-residents cant access. Rooms are spacious for a "London" hotel and the staff were friendly. Breakfast was superb.

Room Tip: you wont get a room with a view of the pitch but you can ask for a forward facing room to watch all the fans milling about
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of lunch at the 22 before the England Fiji game. I was with a group of friends from work who had never been to Twickenham before. They were suitable impressed.The restaurant was packed but the food and service were really very good. A great start to the game.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stopped at this hotel for the England game. The hotel itself is great. Very nice rooms, clean and a large bed! It was part of a special event for my son! However it was nearly ruined by 2 things: firstly the swimming pool. At 5.30pm we wanted a swim but they wouldn't let my lad in. Some rubbish about allowing an hour and a half at 2.30 only! So we thought we would get a bite to eat in the cafe bar. The welcome pack said food till ten. But when we arrived they stopped serving food. Room service did save the day but it cost me £15 for the privilege. For the pool well they should have let him in as long as there was a responsible adult? The guy on reception said it was an adult only centre! Can he say that?

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went for a cocktail at the Marriot, Twickenham, the night before a big match, and asked if there was another bar, other that what appeared to be the `sports bar` on the ground floor....well, the staff on the Concierge desk` must have been new, as they told us `No`, so we sat at the downstairs bar, and waited a good tenminutes to get a cocktail menu, and once ordered, seemed like another age, before I asked where our drinks were, only to be told that they were being made in the Bar upstairs.....so, we went in search of said bar, only to find a quiet, well furnished and comfortable drinlking and food area.....obviously not known to the downstairs staff!!
We decided to stay there and eat, `beer battered fish and chips`, which arrived certainly quicker than the drinks!! We decided we would like a glass of wine, so ordered one from the pleasant, but fairly clueless bar attendant...who prompty forgot about them......or maybe thought we didnt want them until after the meal, pehaps? We had almost finished by the time the wine arrived.
We asked for the bill, which arrived with untimely haste....pity the wine hadn`t arrived as fast(but at £7.90 a glass, I doubt we would have had another!!)...we then sat chatting, and waiting for the guy to come and pick up and process the card....just didn`t happen, and we eventually took thde card to him. The service we had there was truly dreadful, and I stopped to tell the Young lady on the desk downstairs, who was apologetic, and took my complaints seriously....I hope seriously enough to instigate some staff training!! The bill, as it happens was over £67, we did not leave a tip!! I would not rush back, or recommend this hotel as a place to `drop in` for a drink or supper.Apparently the rooms are very nice, but have no info on those!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends