“No tandoori here, just amazing South Indian food!”
Review of Kochi

Kochi
Order Online
Ranked #6 of 231 Restaurants in Twickenham
Description: Kochi is a Restaurant & Takeaway based on 108 Heath Road in Twickenham. We serve a wide range of delicious South Indian food and offer Online Takeaway/delivery Ordering and Restaurant Table Booking.
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

If you’ve never had a Masala Dosa then get down to Kochi, right now! The thin, rice, pancake stuffed with spiced potatoes and served with coconut chutney and my favourite vegetable curry, Sambar, is an amazing way to start your Kerala odyssey!

If you like spicy food then the Devil Chicken has a big chilli kick but all of the curry dishes are great some mild, some not so mild. The cabbage side dish and the cauliflower side dish are a great accompaniment and you must try the Paratha, made in the traditional Kerala way it’s a great flat bread.

I love this place! Great food, friendly staff and a fine taste of South India!

Reviewed January 15, 2018

People here are always banging on about Authentic indian food. Who wants it? Most UK 'Indian' restaurants are run by Bengladeshis who make a superb anglo/bengladeshi menu of great curries that we all love.
Suddenly we are all supposed to drop all that and eat Indian curries. All for the sake of 'authenticity'.
There is a picture (above) of two mutton rolls. I bought them - they tasted like rissoles.
The 'Chicken stew' is straight up the worst indian dish I have ever tasted. They don't do 'Naan bread' - that would not be authentic. I asked for something similar. I got a chipatti that looked like it was soaked in ghee. I had to keep wiping my hands.
This was an authentic meal but it was not good. Can I have an authentic anglo indian please?

3  Thank Martin M
Reviewed January 12, 2018

I cant vouch for what is truly authentic or not but I can say that the food is excellent. Lots of different flavours, deep and lasting. The mutton rolls were special as was the Devilled lamb. i would recommend and will go back.

prices were reasonable for the quality and quantity. Flavour was excellent and very distinctive.

the food is South Indian. This is very different to standard "Indian" restaurants.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

I have been looking everywhere to find an authentic food which tastes like I am still living in Kerala and I finally found it! Been here a couple of times, the food is literally like the food in Kerala! Service is always brilliant, place is very clean and the portions sizes are perfect for sharing. I normally end up taking food back home as I always have leftovers.

Will be visiting again :) a must try if you are looking for authentic south Indian food. I have eaten at many Indian restaurants where they claim to be "authentic indian". And its not, most restaurants add cream and the food is really oily. But Kochi, in my opinion makes authentic food which truly reflects on the cuisine of south India. The parathas are divine and so is the dosas! if you really want to try authentic south Indian food I would recommend here.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Very pleasant, and kind owners who accommodated a party of 9 on a (rugby) match day on the day of the event. Service was efficient, the food was delicious and was many options and the atmosphere was enjoyable with the restaurant filling quickly from 6:30pm

Date of visit: December 2017