“Perfect wedding venue and all the staff so friendly and helpful”

Tottington Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edburton
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We choose the hotel for our wedding venue as it is set within the Sussex Downs and the hotel has such character and is beautiful. The staff from start to finish were so helpful and friendly that I feel I have made great new friends. Sara was my lead contact from the start of the wedding plans and provided me great advice and support. On the actual wedding day she was always there and the day went so smoothly and was beautiful. The food was a very good standard and all the guests enjoyed themselves. We decided that we would like to go to Bramber Castle to have some extra photos taken by the ruins and grounds as the views are wonderful so it is worth remembering this tip. Whilst we were away for the hour our guests were well looked after and then we had all our family photos at the hotel. We cannot fault the hotel and would like to express our thanks for such a wonderful day and we will be back soon for a meal. Thank you Dia and Ian :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Diane D
There are newer reviews for Tottington Manor Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed Friday and Saturday night whilst visiting Brighton - we chose the hotel because it was in a tranquil setting, beautiful countryside, with parking and yet close to Brighton. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, who were able to help us with suggestions for travelling into Brighton and parking. Indeed, on their suggestion we drove to the local station and took the train into Brighton - the railway station is very central and we were then in a perfect position to go the the Lanes! We ate in the dining room on the first night, which was beautifully set out with table clothes (we initially thought there was a wedding when we first arrived, since it looked very appealing) and all the food that we had was of a super quality and well presented. The breakfast was also very well presented and there was certainly enough choice. Well recommended if you want to stay near to Brighton and have a quiet night's sleep!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marion D
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Country hotels often provide the minimum they can get away with. This place does the opposite.

Our executive room felt like a proper bedroom, not a hotel room. Huge, luxurious bed and even a comfortable camp bed for our daughter. A location that's hard to beat and truly tranquil.

Stayed here for a family reunion in the area (no room at my family's house!) The first thing we had to ask the hotel was whether they could store our crate of strawberries and salad leaves overnight. Yes, they'd be happy to.

Late back the following night? They gave us a key for the front door. The lady in charge even took the chill off my glass of orange juice when I asked her; it was done with humour and ease and without me asking the second morning.

This is what I mean about the hotel's relaxed hospitality akin to staying with family. Obliging, warm, wanting to help in any way we asked.

The only criticism is that though we asked for a very small breakfast for our daughter (one sausage, one egg, on bacon rasher), we got double the amount... is that really worth mentioning?!

Don't go to the big Brighton hotels. Stay here and pop your head out of the window to hear the distant bleating of sheep on the hills and not much else. A good experience and I want to go back.

Room Tip: We had Wyndham which is at the top of the stairs. There is another wing to the hotel. Our neighbours...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night as a cheap getaway and we couldn't fault anything. The food was fantastic...the best burger and cod and chips we have both ever had. The room was lovely, comfortable and clean. Its a beautiful location if you like the country and the beach is down the road. The manager was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I would highly recommend Tottington Manor. We will be back, even if its just for some lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara_Luff, Manager at Tottington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Leanne
Thanks so much for your comments. I’m really glad you enjoyed your stay and meal with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked the private dining for my 40th birthday celebration and had a wonderful & memorable evening & overnight stay. The location of the hotel is truly stunning: so picturesque. The atmosphere of the manor is a little luxury without being snobby. The staff were attentive without being intrusive, the organisation of my party was slick & efficient, nothing was too much trouble, the food was delicious & plentiful, the room where we dined opened onto the gardens and was decorated beautifully, our bedrooms were lovely - all in all a very positive experience and one I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Heather H

Dear Heather
Thank you for adding a review for Tottington Manor. I’m so glad you enjoyed your celebration here and I will pass your kind comments on to my team here.
With very best regards

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently had our wedding at Tottington Manor Hotel, and it was the most amazing wedding ever. The Hotel is situated at the foot of the Downs amongst the most beautiful scenery. The rooms are lovely and clean and have all the facilities you could need, and the bridal suite definitely has the wow factor. The food served was delicious, as most of our guests had bar meals when they arrived on the Friday night, and the service was excellent. However, the best thing about having our wedding at Tottington Manor was the amazing staff. They looked after us so well, and nothing was too much trouble for them. Thank you Sarah and Lisa and the rest of the staff who made our wedding day so memorable for all the right reasons. We will definitely visit again. Mr and Mrs Millard from Wales x

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pam and Paul,
Thank you so much for your lovely words and I have passed your kind comments on to Lisa and the team.
It was such a pleasure to get to know you both so well and to have been able to be part of your very special day.
We certainly look forward to having you visit us again in the future.
Very best wishes

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My parents and I recently stayed at Tottington Manor for the weekend, arriving on the Friday evening and departing on the Sunday morning. This hotel is in the country and has beautiful surrounding areas.
From the moment we arrived (very late) we felt welcome and comfortable. We were shown to our rooms which were impeccable, clean, tidy and beautifully decorated. We had two rooms, each with its own bath, shower, toilet and sink, each bathroom was spacious. The room also had televisions a kettle and the usual tea and coffee but unlike anywhere else two bottles of water were provided as well. Sarah the manager and her team of staff were outstanding and worked very well together. They were willing to help you with anything and provide you with anything you'd forgotten. Whilst there my parents and I attended a 50th wedding anniversary, the room in which it was held was decorated, roses and gold gems were placed on the tables and each place setting was perfect. The staff are approachable and very kind. The food served at this party was presented very excellently and tasted incredible. I have been very lucky and have travelled a lot, and Tottington Manor was one of the best places Ive had the pleasure of staying at.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Sara_Luff, Manager at Tottington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Georgina

Thank you for your review. Since we are a small hotel, we feel that we can offer a more personal service and I am delighted that we achieved that for you and your family. I will pass on your kind comments to all my staff here.
Best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edburton
The Castle Inn Hotel
#4 of 11 in Worthing
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Henfield

Been to Tottington Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!