“A very British hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Teddington
Rasta, Norge
“A very British hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

You know it's a british hotel when you enter the hotel. It's probably a combination of the slightly worn feeling, the deep carpets covering everything, the typical english correct and polite welcome. The stay was good. The service good. The bed good. And I even got a remote for the telly.

Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit and I am delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us.
I do hope to see you back soon at the Park Hotel

Kind Regards

Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Park Hotel recently and were very impressed. Our initial room was in the main building but the very polite receptionist told us there was a party in the restaurant that night so we swapped for a room in the lodge at the back of the hotel to avoid any noise. The room was clean, modern and very quiet - absolutely perfect and for less than £50! We also ate in the restaurant - the chef has apparently recently changed the menu. The food was delicious. We would return to this hotel. Great value for money in an excellent location.

Room Tip: The rooms in the lodge at the back are modern, clean and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Leema2013,

Thank you so much taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and had a lovely meal in our restaurant.

We change our menu regularly so I am sure next time you visit their will be some new and exciting dishes for you to try.

Thank you so much once more for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Simple and clean, with bit of class. Breakfast was great, good quality and well prepared. Service was fast and friendly. The whole family enjoyed it. Far better than staying in one of the chain hotels, for only slightly more money. Will come back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Pangtuwi,

Thank you so much for taking time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Park hotel in the not too distant future.

Many thanks once more.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night! Was clean and staff were very friendly! However coffee was cold breakfast could of been better only because I expected a help yourself buffet as described instead u had to order so the lovely big breakfast I would of like turnt out to be small. Also had no coffee facilities in room as described either!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Michlovestotravel,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that on the whole your enjoyed your time.
I am sorry that you didn't have a chance to experience our breakfast buffet, generally our breakfasts are cooked to order from the kitchen, you are more than welcome to order as much as you like so please do next time you stay with us. We usually have a breakfast buffet when the hotel is fully booked with groups to ensure that our guests are served quickly.

Thank you again for your comments & I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hotel in the not to distant future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

An awful stay.
This hotel has the potential to be so lovely but sadly its not.

Booked an executive room (because double rooms had all gone). Fine but no drinking water, no robes (included in room price but none in - when asked for robes - only got one unfolded just sort of presented, had to ring again on return that evening.) No drinking water in the room. had to request a paper in the morning, sadly failed to get that right either. Shower leaked everywhere in the bathroom.

And oh my word. breakfast. Breakfast I never ever encountered such rudeness from anyone before.

We were well aware we weren't not b&b paying guests, i had booked a room only.

So instead I booked a table for 5, as meeting family for breakfast. Knowing also we would be ordering from a menu, that was fine.

No table ready, 'I was just going to add a chair over there' - had mention on booking we would require a high chair as we had a under 5 in the party. No high chair.

We sat down, only to be confronted by a different member of staff who when we tried to explain we were waiting, we'd like a coffee she simply kept jabbing the menu at us and insisting we order, there was no breakfast now, that we must order from the menu. Completely ignoring that i had said we were waiting for people, but ok could we have a coffee please. She stood over us jabbing menu saying breakfast not served after 10am. We were aware that actually breakfast was until 11.30am - yes ordering off menu but were we waiting and we'd order together as we tried to explain for the umpteenth time.

We were so shocked at the rudeness that we phone our friends to said we'd breakfast somewhere else, at which point when I went over to say we were not staying the staff member proceeded to follow us out of the dining area with a pot of coffee.

To add insult to injury when we return to the hotel after breakfasting elsewhere, at 11.15am (check out was by noon may I add) we had been locked out of the room. So I had to go back to reception to be 'oh it happens as today you departure date', yes but not until we have checked out surely, unbelievable.

Then finally, we had put the do not disturb sign on the room, this had blatantly been ignored.
And the room entered, and the sign tossed on the bed.

It is such a shame. This hotel could be great, but it's not.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CJG08
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear CJO8,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is far removed from our normal standards of service for which I apologise.

I would ask that if you would kindly contact me directly regarding the issues you encountered as from your user name I am unable to identify exactly when you stayed with us and it is imperative that these points are addressed with the team.
My email address is Liza.reynolds@galleonhotels.com

My sincere apologies that on this occasion we have not met your expectations and I hope to hear from you in the not too distant future.

Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Teddington hotels

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here for one night, arrived late and receptionist and bar staff could not have been more friendly. Our room was in a modern annexe and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was one of the best we've had, plenty of it, quality products and we'll cooked. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Snowurmli,

Thank you for taking time to post your review regarding your recent stay at The Park Hotel.

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Park in the not too distant future.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed for one night while visiting friends in the area, we booked through the website which was straight forward. On arrival parking was ample and easy a bonus in this area. The receptionist was polite but brisk, not a warm friendly welcome. On the way to our room (12) we noticed that the hallway carpets were a little tired and grubby, this continued into our room. Although cleaned, the room had burn marks on the furniture and carpet, black mould around the bath (easily cleaned with a spray bleach) and large clumps of dust above the tiles in the bathroom.
WiFi is limited to an hour before you need to pay but advertised as ‘free WiFi throughout’ – why? This is just money grabbing many hotels abroad offer full free WiFi.
There were no tea making facilities and the hairdryer set the fire alarm off!
Overall functional but not great for the money spent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Montysmith,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. I apologise that you experienced some issues with your room. You have my assurance that I have addressed these points with my housekeeping team.
With regards to Wi-Fi, this is complimentary to our guests that book through our own website, If you could email me directly with information on how you booked your room with us I can look into this for as from your comments it would seem that you did do this. Please email me Liza.reynolds@galleonhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teddington
The Lensbury
Richmond Hill Hotel
Richmond Hill Hotel
#3 of 12 in Richmond-upon-Thames
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,375 reviews

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!