“Twickenham Experience”
Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Teddington
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked this when we went to see SIx Nations (England won!). Cost 3 times usual rate and was not really worth this except for convenience. Rooms were very average but quiet and clean. Had to ask for towels but were provided at once. Ate in bar at lunch and in restaurant in evening. Both times food was good and service friendly and prompt. Breakfast was also good for £7.50 and well staffed.
Info stated it was 20 min stroll to rugby ground but was actually 45 mins but bus is available from Teddington so would probably recommend this if not up to long walk. Reception staff very obliging in providing Internet route directions for us when we asked.

Room Tip: Annex was quiet and probably better on weekend.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Carl L, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor after your recent stay at the Park Hotel in Teddingon.

We are looking at giving some of our rooms a facelift to make them more comfortable.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location is ideal for you. Having recently recruited a new Head Chef we are striving to improve our offerining and I would encourage you to try out some of our great new dishes when you next visit.

I do appreciate your comments and time taken to post your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Park is a hotel and annexe attached to a fairly large bar and diner. The diner is poor. My wife said her pate was like Spam and was the worst chicken liver pate she had ever tasted. It was supposed to come with brown bread. It came with a white bun, toasted on one side. But that was changed for brown bread on request, for some reason toasted on one side! Quite why the chef thinks toasting one side of bread or a bun is fashionable is open to question.

But the staff are helpful, friendly and amenable. The hotel room in the annexe was perfectly OK. Nothing special but was good enough. Not cramped, reasonable size TV, reasonably comfortable bed and good power shower in the bathroom. Don't ask for a newspaper though, if you want to kill time in the morning enjoying a read. Unless you want a two minute trip to reception to collect it. Instead I got a note under the door saying my paper was awaiting collection in reception, which is in the main building. Naturally, as I was driving away, I no longer had time to read a paper so it was cancelled from my bill on request.

Teddington is in a nice part of west London and close to some extremely nice and very expensive areas, like Richmond. So it is unsurprising that 2 pints in the bar cost almost £10 and that the meals are Little Chef quality at double Little Chef prices. Rents and rates here are probably very high and wages higher than average too I imagine.

All in all, a fair enough place, but don't go out of your way to visit. It suited us for one night, but we won't hurry back. It's not bad and not great, just OK and 3 stars is just this side of being kind.

Room Tip: Annexe is close, just a few steps away. Possibly better and quieter than the main building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,

However I note your disapointment with regards Breakfast and I will review with Head Chef and make immediate improvements.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Four of us stayed for one night to attend the England France Game at Twickenham - this hotel offer great value for money and perfect location. It is a 2 mins walk to the Train Station that gets you into Twickenham in about 15 mins. The main hotel is a beautiful building and the bar, restaurant area is very nice and welcoming. We stayed in the annexe which whilst basic is perfect for a stop over after the Rugby. The rooms were clean and the water pressure in the shower was great. Some attention to detail around mould around the bathroom fittings is needed but overall value for money. Breakfast was good however when we turned up the restaurant was quite busy and the hot kept running our as there is only a small amount available at any one time. I would also recommend asking for tea/coffee and toast as soon as you get in the restaurant as there is quite a wait for it to arrive. Overall would recommend this for anyone looking for the convenience of Teddington High Street just down the road and trains into London just round the corner. If you stay here try our Red Pepper restaurant, 5 mins walk away - its 'brilliant

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kath,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location is ideal for you, especially for the Rugby close by at Twickenham.

With regards the Breakfast, I agree during yoyur stay that is was a bit hetic and I will review our
service and buffet arrangments for the future, when we are this busy.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Most of the accommodation is situated in a separate annex at the back of the hotel. Rooms are very clean and functional but lack that welcoming feel. The corridors are looking very tired with scuffed walls and carpets in need of a good clean at best but preferably replacement. breakfast is good although the restaurant was very cold on one morning during our stay. The staff are great and try their hardest to accommodate you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments regarding Breakfast and I will ensure that we review the heating of the Restaurant for the future

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The room was ok, little "tired" but clean and well equipped, it was a bit of a knack getting in and out of the showers as the shower screen didn't clear he bath grips to allow easy access in and out. Lots of hot water and good water pressure too. Breakfast was freshly cooked and hot with a decent choice. Lots of coffee and toast too. I dined here too, and the food was lovely

Room Tip: I stayed in the annex, 2nd floor, can't remember the room number but it was a quiet nights sleep
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night 15th Jan 2013
The photos on website make the rooms out to be a little more plush than they are. I stayed in the annex.
The room was clean well equipped and spacious, bed was comfortable, pillows hard and bathroom had been touched up.
I was in room 41 in annex, 2nd floor over front door which was noisey with people in and out... but I am a light sleeper
Friendly staff, food good in bar, breakfast was great.
2 mins from Teddington high Street, a few bars that do food and a few indian restaurants and a tapas bar within a few minutes

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Carl L, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed at The Park Hotel before and so when I needed to be close to my son for the night The Park Hotel was my first choice. I have to admit that I did check the online booking systems and got a great price from Booking.com.
Everything about the visit was fine; the thing that did impress me was that I arrived reasonably late and the receptionist picked up on the fact that I didnt want to be told about every feature in the hotel I just wanted to get checked in, have a shower and go to sleep.
Room was fine; warm and comfortable. Tea making facilities had good tea bags and plenty of milk. Noise was very little even though this was a Friday night.
All in all well worth the money I paid.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at The Park. We are continually trying to improve our service and quality and any comments you make are reviewed to see see how we can better our performance.

I do appreciate your comments and time taken to post your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when your are visiting your Son.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teddington
Travelodge London Teddington
The Lensbury
The Lensbury
#1 of 3 in Teddington
Premier Inn London Richmond Hotel
Premier Inn London Richmond Hote...
#1 of 15 in Richmond-upon-Thames
#10 of 15 in Richmond-upon-Thames
The Petersham Hotel
The Petersham Hotel
#4 of 15 in Richmond-upon-Thames

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!