“Lovely food and service”
Review of Al Borgo Ristorante - CLOSED

Al Borgo Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family-run Al Borgo offers casual fine dining, specialising in northern Italian cuisine. The ambience is warm, intimate and unpretentious and all guests are welcomed with genuine Italian hospitality. While buying only the finest quality of ingredients, including meat and fresh fish, our Chefs make all desserts, bread and pasta in-house on a daily basis. As one of only three Italian restaurants in the London Borough of Richmond, we are incredibly proud to be listed in the prestigious Michelin Guide UK & Ireland 2015. Enjoy "al fresco" dining on our pretty patio during the summer months!
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We ate here for my husband's birthday and had a delightful experience. The food and service were exceptional and the owners made my husband's birthday special with their friendly service and attention. Couldn't fault the food - I had the scallop starter and sea bass main course - both were tasty and light and the house wines were very good too. We will be back and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I lived in Teddington for the past five years, but only recently discovered Al Borgo. It's down the side street, so not obvious, but well worth finding. I've eaten there twice in the last few months - most recently last night. It was a Monday, and very quiet. In fact, having arrivrd quite late, 8:16, we were the last diners to leave.

The service was attentive, but still very relaxed, I think that the owners of the restaurant. We started with a Carpaccio beef on rocket and a mozzarella & tomato. Classically simple dishes, executed with flare – like using warmed cherry tomatoes, which made a difference. Ingredients were clearly well sourced, as they were flavourful.

Main courses of ravioli – we both chose the same – Were excellent, and a strawberry & pistachio tiramisu took me back to my childhood as it really tasted of strawberries.

With a little wine & water the bill came to about £30 each. Very reasonable indeed for the quality of food and surroundings - making Al Borgo our favourite restaurant in Teddington by quite a long way.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I recently went to lunch on a Saturday at Al Borgo. It was my first time.. My friend who lives in Teddington had read great revues about Al Borgo and mentioned, after viewing Al Borgo's website, that they had a set menu.

We arrived at the restaurant at 1pm on saturday and were quite surprised to find the restaurant empty..we were in two minds whether to go in..esp. after we'd walked past a lot restaurants in Broad Street that were full! Surprise surprise.. the set menu wasn't available on a Saturdays (this needs to be stipulated on their website)..

During the 2 hours we were in the restaurant, we were their only customers. Our meal came to just under £85. I am sure if Al Borgo extended the set menu to Saturdays this restaurant would be full, like all the other restaurants in Teddington.

The food was average, but pricey.. service was excellent, but then again, we were the only two people in the entire restaurant during lunch time. Would I go back.. not really! this restaurant is nothing to shout about!

4  Thank Bunial
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Excellent food - the sea bass was cooked to perfection as was the calves liver. Homemade pasta was delicious and the service was excellent!. The restaurant was very quiet as their phone had been out of order for 24 hours but the owner and partner were friendly and very helpful. We will definitely come again!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Excellent food! Homemade pasta, fresh fish and meat grilled to perfection! Feels like being in Italy! The service was very friendly! Thanks for a wonderful evening! We will come back soon!