“Really nice independent Italian”
Review of Shambles

Shambles
Ranked #11 of 73 Restaurants in Teddington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Menu evolves and changes on a daily basis, using the freshest & healthiest seasonal ingredients available, including sustainable caught fish & British sourced meats. Your meal will be completely handmade by dedicated chefs, with some ingredients home grown in our kitchen garden. All served up in a warm and relaxed atmosphere whether dining indoors or al fresco in our beautiful summer garden. Located close is Twickenham Rugby Stadium, only a short taxi, bus or train ride away.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The food is always excellent here and although the service is sometimes a little slow that's just because its a victim of its own popularity so you have to go with the flow. Most of the staff are relatives so they do care about your custom and its probably my second favourite restuarant in Teddington.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I had a date night for the first time in years. We did a mini pub crawl through Teddington high street and ended up in Shambles for the first time in years. The atmosphere was fab with a pianist playing old show tunes. My husband had a beetroot salad to start and a huge t-bone stake as his main. Both were excellent. I had olives as a starter and the day's special which was a chicken breast in a lemon sauce. I was told the portion would be small so ordered a rocket and parmesan salad on the side. All of mine was ok, but the chicken portion really was small. We had a nice bottle of wine, one more glass each plus a limoncello and an amaretto. The damage was £109. so a great meal, but not an everyday occurence, for me anyway!

1  Thank PollyPee
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good food and service. A very popular restaurant you will need to book on a Saturday to ensure you get a table. Live music from a guy on a piano.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Had such a great night out. The owner,omg what a gentleman.son and waiters ever so caring and attempting. I do find the piano idea such a great think: creates atmosphere a great One. I can only suggest to make portions bigger considering the prices but i would go back for certain.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Having enjoyed meals there for many years, I was very disappointed on the last two or three occasions. On one occasion, I was charged at the a la carte price and not the fixed price menu, even though I dined before 8pm. I was told by the manager that the cut off time is 7.30pm! On the same night, Shambles had run out of ice cream. On the last occasion, my fellow diners were not happy with the size of the portions and the lack of included vegetables. The price was high for what we ate, and I think that there are places in Teddington and in the area which offer better value and quality.

3  Thank DCB44