“Fantastic stay during rugby weekend”
Review of Bushy Park Lodge

Bushy Park Lodge
and 1 more site!
Bushy Park Lodge
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here at the end of May when England played Barbarians at Twickenham.

Check-in is not until 2pm but we called ahead and were allowed to park our car before this time as we needed to arrive earlier for the rugby. We did eventually check-in at around 5.30pm. The owner of the apartments sends entry details through a text message and the key is in the door when you arrive.

My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to be in room number 4 which we were sure was a family room because it's very spacious with a double bed and sofa bed, kitchenette and even a small outside patio with garden chairs. The weather was very hot on our visit so we sat outside and enjoyed a couple of cold beers whilst listening to sounds of rural London.

As I said, our room (4) was spacious, spotless and very comfortable. I even fell asleep on the couch but that was probably a few too many beers in the sun.

At the end of the day, the main reason we decided to stay here was because of its close proximity to Twickenham stadium. There are loads of bus stops nearby which will take you directly to Twickenham or wherever you want to go around the area. Bushy Park itself is just over the road and is beautiful, especially when the sun is shining.

We will definitely be back next year and hopefully in the same room.

Room Tip: Enquire about getting room number 4 when you book, it's a real treat for just two people.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean W

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place is a decent find and good value for money. Wifi signal strong, bed comfy enough, seperate bathroom and kitchenette. Only complaints is sleep quality is not fantastic due to being next to a relatively busy road (ok, its London so difficult to get away from) but no double glazing means the traffic is loud, I am one for a good strong shower and the flow from the shower was very weak. The place is general is clean but could do witha more thorough hoover.

Would stay again but only if a couple of other places I like more locally are fully booked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I've been staying here for a night a week for almost a year now.

I've also stayed in most of the rooms on offer. In my opinion BPL provides excellent value for money. The rooms are very competitively priced for London, believe me I'v estayed in this area a lot!

More than that actually, the rooms are all a good size and I love the fact that there is a small kitchen, very well equipped, which includes a fridge and microwave. The wi-fi is also a real bonus - it works better thna most four or five star hotels that I have stayed in. Shower rooms are fine with good showers - no shampoo but I prefer my own in any case. Always plenty of clean towels. The beds are all comfortable.

One thing to highlight is that the rooms I have stayed in are all spotlessly clean - and I am pretty fussy!

The road facing rooms can be noisy, but to put this in context, this is in London - every hotel I've stayed in has noise issues.

So, I would recommed Bushey Park Lodge; good value, clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if noise worries you
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sowbury
Reviewed February 26, 2012

First and foremost for a hotel in/around London a twin bedded room for £80 is great value.

The property is modern and was spotlessly clean both in the lobby areas and the room.

I stayed in room 5 with my seven year old son. I use the word room very deliberately. The existence of a fridge, sink, microwave and utensils does not an apartment make. The floor space in the room was small. There was about 18" between the two beds and 12" between the bed nearest the window and the wall.

The beds were very comfy however the noise from the road outside was appalling, even at 1:30am when I was still trying to get to sleep after 2 hours of trying the traffinc was flowing. Who on earth builds a modern residential building by a busy road without double glazing???

If you stay in the summer this will be a real issue as in February the room was very warm (no air conditioning and heating turned off) and opening the window would not be a good idea.

The particulars on the official web site state that wireless internet is available, there was no sign of this which meant I was unable to use my IPad. There was a internet socket and cable. The cable was way to short and 'glued' into the socket so I couldnt even use the spare I carry.

The bottom line is you get what you pay for. Had the noise not been as bad as it was I would have no hesitation staying here again however I cant see this being resolved short of replacing the windows which I suspect wont happen.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the front of the building!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank BlueSunbeam2
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Bushy Park Apartments

The house lies directly opposite to Bushy Park, which is ideal for early morning jogging past the herds of deer. The road in front of the house is quite busy, but quietens down in the evening. We were in the back at ground level and heard very little of the road. The train line is behind the house, but it is not loud. In the rooms on the other floors the noise level may be different. We heard two planes landing/departing from Heathrow at 22.30 hrs. For people that are light sleepers, earplugs would be advantageous. Don’t forget that you are in the very built-up Kingston area and even in hotels off the main street, it is not quite.

The room we had was well decorated, warm and in good condition. There were sufficient, very clean towels and linen for three people. The small kitchen is well equipped and is suitable for longer stays; if you want to be self-sufficient you just need to bring food. The ground floor room would be ideal for a slightly disabled person however; a person with a wheel-chair would need some help getting up the entrance step and may have a problem getting through the narrow door. The bed and the fold-out sofa in the room we had room were very comfortable. We slept very well both nights. As regards cleanliness, the room was clean and tidy but when we moved the sofa out there was quite a lot of dust behind the sofa. The carpet also looked that it had not been vacuumed, because there were several plastic sales tags strips on the carpet. The room was not “dirty”, though.

The bathroom was very clean and compact. The shower is almost too small for a fatter person. The shower mounting rail needs replacing because its chrome coating is disappearing. A shelf in the bathroom would be a good idea. This would avoid the guests having to put everything that won’t fit around the small sink, onto the floor.

The room is well heated. There are “heated skirting boards” that keep the room warm. These are very good, but do make a cracking sound when heating up. It takes a little to get used to this. The whole house is poorly sound insulated and in the mornings you can hear the showers, alarm clocks and hairdryers from other rooms. You can also here people moving around if they are a little heavy-footed.

The whole atmosphere of the house is very nice, comfortable and relaxed. Although we have mentioned several negative points, we would fully recommend this house: the price/performance ratio is excellent and much better than several other places that we have used over the years, staying in Kingston. We would happily return to Bushy Park again.

Some places to see close by are the Kingston town centre (enough to keep you going for 2 days), the cathedral, the Thames and watch a game of cricket or football on Sunday at Fairfield recreation ground. Hampton Court is a must see, but has been crowded every time we went there (take the best part of a day for the visit). Richmond upon Thames has a completely different atmosphere than Kingston and it is lovely to sit by the river (we had tea at the Pitcher and Piano, which has an excellent view out over the Thames). From Kingston it is very easy to get into London using the train. Parking is a real problem in all the towns around Kingston, so make sure you are really sure you can park there or go into a park house – approx 1 pound for 30 minutes. If you do stay at Bushy Park, it is a 15 minute walk into the centre, so it is worth leaving the car at the apartments.

In Kingston some good places to eat are: Carluccios – wonderful Italien food, served by caring waiters and waitresses, either at the Thames (better) or in the Bentall Shopping centre; The Slug and Lettuce at the Thames off Market Square (50% off food on Mondays); a wonderful French-type Patisserie just off Market Square; an interesting and cheerful café/snack restaurant called The Terrace between Union Street and the Market Square:excelelnt value for money and very tasty

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jazzman101
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Received text instructions on arrival day of check in process and on arrival, the apartment was much better than expected. Very spacious, nicely decorated and cleanliness was exceptional.

Welcome pack provided too which was very handy as I'd never been to the area before and as it was late night arrival, made for a nice cuppa before turning in.

Room 8 was at the back of the property so no road noise for me, but agree the road is a busy one.

This cheapest price room had two single beds, sofa and great kitchen stocked with utilities (even hairdryer, fan & iron). Shower was a little powerless but that's personal preference over being problematic. Would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Room 8 is at the back so no traffic noise, overlooks small garden with trees so privacy is excellent...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank keelybin
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed there with friends...place is near a road with heavy traffic and the rooms are facing the road. Plus we slept on a sofa bed, not comfortable..no shower gel and shampoo as you would expect for a £80 room...maybe look around before choosing this place

• Stayed: April 2011