The Lensbury on Teddington Lock is situated in Teddington on the banks of the River Thames. We stayed here for a few days while on our holiday in London. The Lensbury has over 150 rooms deom standard to Deluxe. We stayed in a Superior Room (#315) which had views of the gardens and tennis courts (but there are also rooms which have river views as well.).
The staff were impeccable, everyone from Reception to Housekeeping did an A++ job.
Even on our last day (while all rooms have free wi-fi) the reception brought us to a private office so that we could use a computer with a printer to check in for our flight early and print out our boarding passes.
Within the Lensbury there are multiple choices for dining... everything from The Terrace (light filled conservatory great for coffee or lunch) to The Thames View resturant (contemporary dining with views of the golf course and River Thames) to a Sports Bar as well as a Wine Bar!
The Lensbury is about 40 minutes outside of London - there is a free shuttle bus every morning which brings guests to the tedding Train Station (from 7AM till 9:30AM), if that's too early for you the hotel staff are very friendly and can tell you which of the buses are easiest to take to either the Twickenham or Richmond Stations (Then just hop on the waterloo over ground train into London, it's the quickest and makes the fewest stops!).
If you prefer to stay in the Lensbury offers over 19 tennis courts (!!!) and because of it's close location to Wimbledon it has been the host to such over night guests as John McEnroe, Steffi Graf, Boris Becker and Jimmy Conners (!!!). If tennis is not your thing then why not a round of Golf, a swim in the pool? You can take out a sail boat from the boat house, relax in the spa or go for a walk to the nearest Pub for a pint! (Psst, they also have oodles of things for the children to do as well!)
We simply loved our stay at the Lensbury and have only been home two days and we are already planning our trip for Christmas this year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lensbury is full of surprises, nestled on the banks of the River Thames and within easy reach of London, Heathrow and Richmond. Set in 25 acres of beautiful landscaped grounds on the banks of the River Thames, the four star Lensbury Hotel boasts unrivalled indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, award-winning spa and a hi-tech Conference Centre. Conveniently close to major attractions such as Hampton Court Palace, Kew Gardens and Twickenham Rugby Stadium, The Lensbury offers a good standard of accommodation, extensive leisure facilities and quality dining. The Lensbury is just 20 minutes by train from central London and 25 minutes by car from London Heathrow Airport and close to links for the M3 and M4 motorways. The property has its own car parking for 200 cars, complimentary WiFi throughout and 25 acres of grounds and gardens for you to enjoy. It truely is London's hidden gem on the Thames. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lensbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lensbury Hotel Teddington
- The Lensbury Teddington, Greater London