The Lensbury looks so grand on the exterior, so it's a little disappointing when you enter the main reception which is tiny and packed if there's more than a few people. However, the staff are friendly and welcoming.
Room was a nice double and kids room was next door, but their room was a little on the small side. Shower not adjustable which for a 6 feet plus is not ideal.
Breakfast was buffet style, but excellent quality. In fact, it was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had in a long time - plenty of selection, good quality produce and piping hot. The dining area is pleasant, and looks out onto the Thames and gardens.
The hotel is well located for nearby Teddington, but would be too far to walk with luggage, so taxi or driving is recommended. There's ample free parking space at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lensbury is a 4 star hotel and conference centre located on the banks of the River Thames at Teddington in South West London. Conveniently close to major attractions such as Hampton Court Palace, Kew Gardens and Twickenham Rugby Stadium, The Lensbury offers a good standard of accommodation, extensive leisure facilities and quality dining. The Lensbury is just 20 minutes by train from central London and 25 minutes by car from London Heathrow Airport and close to links for the M3 and M4 motorways.The property has its own car parking for 200 cars, complimentary WiFi throughout and 25 acres of grounds and gardens for you to enjoy.It truely is London's hidden gem on the Thames. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Lensbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lensbury Hotel Teddington
- The Lensbury Teddington, Greater London