“Worst place iv ever stayed cant describe how bad stay away there's plenty of cheap hotels near heathrow”
Review of The Swan Inn

The Swan Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Stanwell B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I don't know we're to begin scruffy dirty bed sheets old an dirty curtains carpets decor I can't begin to describe how bad this place is I'm gob smacked some old guy greeted me when I arrived poor fella should be in a retirement home the shower was mangy the electric went twice just a nightmare so don't waste your money !!!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Swan in is the oldest Pub in the nice town of Stanwell. The staff is very friendly and the locals stopp by after work for a beer or two. The rooms are clean and the prices are fair. I stayed there eight days and had a nice time. The location is perfect between the city of London and Reading!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Through some confusion this hostel was booked for myself and a colleague after a conference in Slough. Location wise its great, lovely little village.

Staff at the Wheatsheaf pub down the road were friendly and welcoming. They even wished us good luck at staying in the swan.

The swan itself looks like a run down little boozer. The accommodation is just disgusting however.

The building itself is not an annex. Its a converted shed. No mattress protectors on the beds. Ill fitting chopped up pieces of carpet cover the floor. Cold dribbly showers.

I had the pleasure of a funny shaped room with dirty carpet hidden by dirty rugs. The radiator (the only thing in the shed that worked) was next to the bed and on full blast insuring i didnt get a wink of sleep.

The Lounge area (a sofa facing the toilet and shower and surrounded by shoddy extension cables leading to kettles with a knack to turn on) was not too great either.

And breakfast isnt even included in its extortionate price!

I would NOT recommend this place to anyone in future. And i will be attempting to get some if not all my money refunded.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Advertized as being close to Heathrow, the taxi there cost $55. Although the ad stated food available 7 days a week, there was no food and I was referred to the "Chinese take out down the street". The proprietor/manager later recommended another pub which had OK food. My en suite family room was above an outbuilding and reached up very steep outside steps. One table lamp was falling apart - the other with the parchment of the shade detaching from the frame, I could not figure out how to make work. The TV only showed the "no signal" sign. No wifi. The water in the bathroom only ran cold water. Redeeming features: a comfortable bed, it was clean and there were no odors (Although the gutter outside the door was chok full of cigaret butts). The proprietor did give me a cup of coffee in the morning and get me a $18 taxi to the airport.

Room Tip: Just give this one a miss
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Luckily I only had to stay here for one night whereas my husband had booked in for the week. On our arrival whilst waiting to book in (this lady was very helpful) the language coming through from the bar was very colourful. We were in a room up a metal staircase which had a double and 2 single beds. The bath/shower did not run hot even after letting it run as advised and it was really only a trickle. There were electric cables running from an extension lead to various items. Unfitted carpet, the only window was at floor level opaque glass behind the noisey fridge. The room was clean. Luckily there was no food available. I wish I had taken some photos. If you want cheap and basic it could be for you but it was not what we had expected and I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Old english pub, good value, local bus to the aiport, clean but tired, staff friendly, manager helpful.

Room Tip: Room 9 is not bad.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jenny B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanwell
Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5
The Stanwell Heathrow
The Stanwell Heathrow
#2 of 5 in Staines
Heathrow Cottages
Heathrow Cottages
#1 of 2 in Stanwell

Been to The Swan Inn? Share your experiences!