“A Hidden Gem”
Review of Heathrow Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanwell
Heathrow Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Stanwell B&B and Inns
Launceston, Australia
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

What a fantastic place so close to Heathrow, after staying here, we will never stay in a hotel again when needing to be near the airport.
Alan and Katerina could not have been more accommodating and the breakfast was superb. Will definitely recommend Heathrow Cottages to anybody looking for accommodation close to London and Heathrow.
Thank you and hope to visit again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stockport
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I was very impressed by the friendly welcome, clean rooms with character. Free wifi and an extensive choice of dvds. Boredom wont be a problem! Lovely breakfast and overall great value. Much better than the same old hotel rooms I USED to stay in near Heathrow. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Heathrow Cottages was a great surprise - we were thrilled to find an old village in the middle of all the newer development around Heathrow! Our hosts were most accommodating. The room was well appointed and comfortable with a newly renovated little bathroom. Our host, Alan, arranged for a lift for us to a delightful pub in the next village where we enjoyed a lovely "last supper" in England. The proprietor of that pub picked us up and brought us back to Heathrow Cottage when we were ready to leave.
Although the noise from the departing aircraft was pretty significant when we arrived in the afternoon, the noise abatement rules at Heathrow meant we had a quiet, restful night.
Alan offers pick-up or drop-off services to the airport, which we were happy to have. We also loved the resident chickens, which hang around the front of the house. A very charming spot. We will definitely stay there again when flying out of Heathrow.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toad55
minnesota
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I needed a place near Heathrow for one night, and this was perfect for me! Alan picked me up 5 minutes after my phone call and gave me a quick tour of the B&B, which was lovely! It goes back to the 16th century, and loving attention has been paid to all aspects of the restoration. My room was very comfortable and quiet, and it was a 5 minute walk to a nice sports pub where I had a fantastic supper, thanks to a recommendation by Katrina. The back yard of the inn is landscaped with a grape trellis and fountain, and a flock of friendly Gold-Laced Orpington chickens wander around, adding great rural atmosphere to this in-town property. After a good night's sleep, I had what I can only say was the absolute BEST "Full English" breakfast of my life (and I've visited England more times than I can count). I HIGHLY recommend this Inn, and will definitely make it my overnight destination any time I must stay near Heathrow.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank sleepycat69
UK
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This is a small (5-rooms), peaceful and very friendly B&B near LHR - great for travellers needing to overnight near the airport. The location is good and the hosts are very welcoming. The rooms are individual and comfortable. I've used the B&B on several occasions and I can't fault it - perfect if you're looking for a quiet, pleasant stay in the Heathrow area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanwell
The Stanwell Hotel
Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton

Been to Heathrow Cottages? Share your experiences!