All reviews sunday lunch quaint hotel the general manager church square birthday party would definitely stay here again pot of tea thorpe park good nights sleep comfortable bed poached eggs stayed one night booked this hotel cooked breakfast yogurt garrett alison
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

This is such a gem of a place, amazing family lunch for mother's day, could not fault it, spot on service (Well done to the 2 young guys that waited our table), food was superb, and even a little floral gift for us mum's, thank you so much, looking forward to coming back soon!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Allison S
Garrett H, General Manager at The Anchor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Dear Allison,

Thank you very much for your five star review. I have shared your comments with the entire team.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your Mother's Day lunch with us and we look forward to welcoming you back
in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is run really well under the excellent management of Garrett, we visit now on a Monday and Thursday whilst our son is at cadets, it's lovely to relax in the public area and the restaurant is lovely and the food is so tasty.
The Anchor holds a lot of memories as we got married in the Disraeli Room in May 2003, if you haven't been in their it's worth a look the wood panelling is amazing.
We enjoy chilling out and also love eating here, a special mention about the Valentine's meal, worth every penny, and we told Garrett that we were limited to time whilst our son is at cadets and he kept track of time so we could eat but not rush, and he presented a lovely single rose to my wife when we finished, such a lovely touch. A lot of effort had gone in to decorating for the event with lovely fairy lights strung across the ceilings.

Well worth a visit, try the lovely food

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 192Richard
Garrett H, General Manager at The Anchor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2019

Dear Richard,

The whole team enjoy looking after you and your wife on your visits. I am glad that your experiences with
us are enjoyable and to your liking.

Look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

We booked to visit on Valentine's night as it fell on a Thursday and our son goes to cadets on a Thursday so no babysitter needed. We have started going here for a drink twice a week here whilst waiting for our son and it holds special memories for us as we also got married here in 2013.

We were not disappointed and from start to finish our meal was superb. Serice was second to none. The tables and surroundings area were beautifully decorated which added to the atmosphere.

The valentines menu was varied and a good price. £29.95 which included a starter, main, dessert, tea or coffee and mints/truffles.
I had a smoked Salmon and prawn tian and my hubby had the duck liver parfait. We both had ribeye steak and peppercorn sauce with chips and salad and for dessert I had a passionfruit meringue pie and my hubby had a chocolate truffle cake.
I have to say the steak was cooked to perfection, how I like it and was so tasty it melted in the mouth. It has to be the best piece of steak I have ever had and I am not exaggerating.

And finally I was presented with a beautiful red rose which finished the evening off.
The other diners were friendly and the staff were attentive and we could talk happily with them and the other guests. I would highly recommend here for food. We have eaten off the standard menu on other days and it us very good value for money and on certain days it includes specials.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle F

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your five star review. There are so many lovely comments in your feedback, the entire team were delighted.

The kitchen team were especially pleased and we look forward to looking after you in the near future.

It is lovely to hear that you have become such regulars, a nod to the service and food you receive.

Reviewed February 19, 2019

Went to the Oliver Room for a Sunday lunch with 21 people from our Club and the food was excellent. Nicely presented and hot. Very good value for money and everyone enjoyed the meal, which was plentiful. Staff were all very helpful and attentive. Will definitely go back.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JimT999

Dear Jim,

I am so pleased to hear that your club enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Had a great family meal / 50th party at the anchor Hotel last night food was delicious and the staff where great ! Then onto the function room for music / 50th party again it was great and can’t thank the staff enough for great service and very helpful thank you great night !

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kjk1234family
Garrett H, General Manager at The Anchor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback following your 50th Birthday events with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed everything and that the team looked after you so well.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.