“Quirky little Warren of a lodge!!”

The Warren Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here a few times on business, beautiful in the Summer, even more so with the bars in Ye Olde square next to the hotel (like Chester, but down South!!). Quirky littly hotel, have waited for what felt like days to check out before, but it never really bothers you here as the place is so full of charm. Food has improved dramatically in the last 2 years. Ablutions are sporadic, the shower normally cycles from cold to hot temperature, and fast to slow water flow, during the same shower, without you actually having to turn any knobs or push any buttons! Magic! Top floor attic rooms in the Summer normally heat themselves to hotter temperatures than those found on the surface of the sun. One plug in fan is, quite frankly, not going to work.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Warren Lodge Hotel

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed for one night in the hotel on a business trip. Didn't have an evening meal, but breakfast was very nice, freshly cooked, good selection. Reception staff organised a taxi for my trip in the morning. Left a mobile phone charger behind - rang the hotel and they were good enough to post it to me - not often this would happen in some larger hotels. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is very rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you received your mobile phone charger.
The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year,
so I would like to thank you again for your review and do hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Warren Lodge is a traditionally quaint old fashioned English hotel, a wee bit tired in places (threadbare carpets on the stairs), dated rooms and quirky to use showers! However the location is stunning and the staff are brilliant, very friendly and happy to help.

We stayed here a couple of years back and was not overly impressed with the food and service but this has now been properly addressed and we can vouch to say the issues we experienced in the past were no longer evident during this latest stay.

It is a little difficult to rate this hotel, facility wise, comfort etc etc it should really be a 3 (or possibly a 2 from 5) but the staff the hotel's star quality and for them I think it deserves a 4.

Whilst we wouldn't say this is a must visit hotel we can say that if you need to be in this area then it is a good choice, we will be sure to return next time we are at the races.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. It is really rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed by the staff and found them to be helpful. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals in the hotel.
We pride ourselves on providing good service and on serving homemade freshly cooked food. I also appreciate that you have noticed an improvement
since your previous stay with us as we have worked hard the past few years at improving standards and consistently of service.

Regarding the carpet, we have just installed new carpet in the Reception, Lounge Bar and Restaurant.
We are now looking into replacing some bedroom and corridor carpets later this year.

I would like to thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel.
Many thanks,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night in a club room. Lovely patio doors lead straight out onto a patio overlooking the river. The room was large and although a little dated was very comfortable and home from home. We are in the restaurant which was superb. my calves liver was cooked perfectly and my wife had the home made chicken and leek pie. The service was real old school. Perfect. Always there without being in your face. The food and wine was also very good value. The hotel was having problems with the ever rising river, having to move people from some rooms but it never became a problem. Really good customer service rarely seen in hotels anymore. Breakfast was also very good and freshly cooked. Would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Victor39
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is very rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.
I am particularly pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service provided by the staff, enjoyed the location and your meals.

It is very good also to hear that despite the disruption with the flooding it didn’t alter the service standards that you received.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had my BIG birthday party here and from beginning to end the staff could not have been more helpful. Kate was very helpful with all the organisational aspects with helpful suggestions. Staff on the night joined in with my guests who especially liked the dancing bar staff. Every helped to make it a fabulous evening and Ryan and his staff could not have been helpful. A great night was had by all!!

Stayed: January 2014

I am really pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service provided by Kate in organising the party.
It is also great to hear that you enjoyed the evening, found the staff to be helpful and appreciated the dancing bar staff!

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was the first time that we had, as a family, had Christmas day lunch away from home due to a bereavement, we felt that going out might help. My husband has always said that he would never do this as he enjoys my cooking so much, but he agreed that it was best and that he would ‘give it a go’.
Well, it was simply fantastic, the food, the service, the way the room had been set up, absolutely everything was just perfect and the atmosphere made what was going to be something I had been dreading, into something that I just couldn’t fault. There was plenty to eat and really good value and nothing was too much trouble. We even had Father Christmas come and give the children presents, which included our Grandson George, which was lovely. All I need to do now is make sure that we do this again next Christmas, somehow I don’t think that it is going to be that difficult.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rosiemhc9xt

I am really pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable Christmas with and that you enjoyed the food and the visit from Father Christmas!

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again next Christmas, if not before!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I loved Shepperton, as it is what you would expect a little English town to be like. The Warren Lodge hotel was very old and quaint, and in a lovely area by the river Thames. It has a pub next door and its a short walk into the town. It's a 20 minute drive from Heathrow Airport. The hotel staff were very helpful, as I had a problem with my rental car. A full English breakfast was included in the price and was delicious. The hotels accommodation we stayed in was an additional building that has been added on to the original hotel. The room was a nice size, comfortable and clean, but a bit sparse. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay there and would love to go back.

Room Tip: We couldn't find parking outside of the hotel, but there was plenty of parking further down by o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review.
I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would love to return.
I am glad that you particularly enjoyed the location, found the staff to be helpful and enjoyed the breakfast.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Chertsey

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!