“Quaint and Old Fashioned.”

The Warren Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
London
“Quaint and Old Fashioned.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Warren Lodge is a traditionally quaint old fashioned English hotel, a wee bit tired in places (threadbare carpets on the stairs), dated rooms and quirky to use showers! However the location is stunning and the staff are brilliant, very friendly and happy to help.

We stayed here a couple of years back and was not overly impressed with the food and service but this has now been properly addressed and we can vouch to say the issues we experienced in the past were no longer evident during this latest stay.

It is a little difficult to rate this hotel, facility wise, comfort etc etc it should really be a 3 (or possibly a 2 from 5) but the staff the hotel's star quality and for them I think it deserves a 4.

Whilst we wouldn't say this is a must visit hotel we can say that if you need to be in this area then it is a good choice, we will be sure to return next time we are at the races.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. It is really rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed by the staff and found them to be helpful. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals in the hotel.
We pride ourselves on providing good service and on serving homemade freshly cooked food. I also appreciate that you have noticed an improvement
since your previous stay with us as we have worked hard the past few years at improving standards and consistently of service.

Regarding the carpet, we have just installed new carpet in the Reception, Lounge Bar and Restaurant.
We are now looking into replacing some bedroom and corridor carpets later this year.

I would like to thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel.
Many thanks,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night in a club room. Lovely patio doors lead straight out onto a patio overlooking the river. The room was large and although a little dated was very comfortable and home from home. We are in the restaurant which was superb. my calves liver was cooked perfectly and my wife had the home made chicken and leek pie. The service was real old school. Perfect. Always there without being in your face. The food and wine was also very good value. The hotel was having problems with the ever rising river, having to move people from some rooms but it never became a problem. Really good customer service rarely seen in hotels anymore. Breakfast was also very good and freshly cooked. Would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Victor39
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is very rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.
I am particularly pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service provided by the staff, enjoyed the location and your meals.

It is very good also to hear that despite the disruption with the flooding it didn’t alter the service standards that you received.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel soon.

Shepperton
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I had my BIG birthday party here and from beginning to end the staff could not have been more helpful. Kate was very helpful with all the organisational aspects with helpful suggestions. Staff on the night joined in with my guests who especially liked the dancing bar staff. Every helped to make it a fabulous evening and Ryan and his staff could not have been helpful. A great night was had by all!!

Stayed January 2014
I am really pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service provided by Kate in organising the party.
It is also great to hear that you enjoyed the evening, found the staff to be helpful and appreciated the dancing bar staff!

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon

Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was the first time that we had, as a family, had Christmas day lunch away from home due to a bereavement, we felt that going out might help. My husband has always said that he would never do this as he enjoys my cooking so much, but he agreed that it was best and that he would ‘give it a go’.
Well, it was simply fantastic, the food, the service, the way the room had been set up, absolutely everything was just perfect and the atmosphere made what was going to be something I had been dreading, into something that I just couldn’t fault. There was plenty to eat and really good value and nothing was too much trouble. We even had Father Christmas come and give the children presents, which included our Grandson George, which was lovely. All I need to do now is make sure that we do this again next Christmas, somehow I don’t think that it is going to be that difficult.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rosiemhc9xt
I am really pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable Christmas with and that you enjoyed the food and the visit from Father Christmas!

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again next Christmas, if not before!

Bakersfield, California, Usa
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I loved Shepperton, as it is what you would expect a little English town to be like. The Warren Lodge hotel was very old and quaint, and in a lovely area by the river Thames. It has a pub next door and its a short walk into the town. It's a 20 minute drive from Heathrow Airport. The hotel staff were very helpful, as I had a problem with my rental car. A full English breakfast was included in the price and was delicious. The hotels accommodation we stayed in was an additional building that has been added on to the original hotel. The room was a nice size, comfortable and clean, but a bit sparse. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay there and would love to go back.

Room Tip: We couldn't find parking outside of the hotel, but there was plenty of parking further down by o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review.
I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would love to return.
I am glad that you particularly enjoyed the location, found the staff to be helpful and enjoyed the breakfast.

Feltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

very good hotel great food staff freindly & helpful first rate despite the rain, good service no pool ,
no fitness centre which we knew there wasnt & despite the rain & floods they all coped superbly one niggle i'd like a room over looking the river next time please

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and found the staff to be helpful and friendly.
I am also pleased to hear that you thought we coped well despite the rain and floods.

Rooms overlooking the river are obviously popular, but it is always worth requesting when
booking. We try when allocating rooms to take guests requests into account whenever possible.

Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Having had a couple of lovely lunches here, I decided to give it a try for the office christmas meal which I had to organise.

They were fantastic from my first enquiry, right through to checking everything went ok post-event. Alison made the booking/menu choice process straightforward and also ensured the evening was well organised, right down to producing individual place setting namecards which included people's menu choices picked in advance and any specific dietary requirements to assist the waiting staff. There were 13 of us in total and we were given our own area in The Coach House where the table was laid up with festive decorations, crackers, party hats and party poppers. The service was great and everyone enjoyed their three-course meal followed by coffee, mince pies and chocolates.

After the meal we indulged in the normal festive silliness of secret Santa, prize giving for best-dressed etc. and despite having been there for over 4 hours, at no point did we feel under pressure to leave (and I know the room we were in is also used for breakfast service so would have required a complete turnaround as soon as we'd gone).

I have organised many office christmas meals over the years and the average price range per person is £25-£30 and this has invariably come with very little fanfare and a slow service due to the number of other parties having their meals at the same time. By contrast The Warren Lodge provided a lovely evening for only £19.95 per person and I am grateful to Alison and the rest of the team for making it happen. I will definitely be returning to The Warren Lodge in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is very rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.
I am so pleased to hear that you were impressed with the booking process, especially the service provided by Alison.
I am also pleased to hear that you had good service on the night and that all your guests enjoyed their meals.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!