“Good position” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Chicago, Illinois
“Good position”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

To be so close in to London, this place feels like you are in the country.
The location is good, and if you get a room with a view, it is very nice. However some of the rooms are a little tired, they try to look good but feel a little 'old english'.
Nice staff, good basic English breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location. I agree that when you are in Church Square, it is hard to imagine that we are so close to M25 and M3.
I am sorry to hear that you have found some of the rooms small a little tired. We are currently working our way round the hotel painting bedrooms in order to improve this.
However, I am pleased to hear that you have found the staff to be nice and enjoy the breakfast served.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel sometime very soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

First visit. Booked a double room as had been told singles are very small. Room OK but not vast. Rather basic and tired in my view. Central heating turned off on radiator and when asked reception advised that it doesn't come on until 6pm. Left on while out for dinner and only slightly warmer on my return. Woke early as heating again off and didn't come on until 6am. Tried to warm up by taking a hot shower but heating controls would not go any higher so had a luke warm shower.
Breakfast was very good. Excellent service and good hot food with wide cold selection if required.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am so sorry to hear that there were problems with the heating during your stay.
Currently the heating is on from 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm and 5:00 am – 11:00 am,
so this problem should now be rectified.

However, I am pleased to hear that you thought breakfast was good and that you
found the service to be excellent.
I hope that we can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again.

Launceston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Warren Lodge has it good point and it has it bad points. Good points; The4 staff are really good are friendly and helpful.

Not so good; Single rooms are small and a little bit tired now. They are located toward the front of the hotel and it can be noisy with cars and usual delivery driver at 0500hrs in the morning. Bathroom is a bit cramped but adequate. door do not have fire / smoke seals around then as there is plenty of light coming in around the doors.
Double room at the top of the hotel, take you Sherpas with you as you will need them if you have a couple of bags to carry, the stair get narrower the further you go up. Windows are old and would get condensation on them, pity as the back of the Hotel look out over the Thames. Room was a good size, you will need your binoculars to view the rather small television on the far wall. The bathroom is very cramped in the top room and had evidence of mould on the ceiling, plus you wait some time for the hot water to arrive from some distance. Desk and power point good for laptop, mobile phone charging by you bed no, they forgot about that one. Sound proofing is not good I am sure a horse was relieving itself next door!!!!
The Coach House rooms very much bigger room and large telly. more socket would be good at least there was one by the bed for charging your mobile. Again for a large two person room mirror and OK apart from a drain sounds glug glug, when either the shower was used or the sink water was run. Although bathroom was clean and tidy it was not finished as you would expect. Door open direct on to the courtyard and very tight parking (they made the bay marking at an angle but forgot this narrows the bays!!!!!)
Internet connection was goof but it drives you around the bend get a number for your pc and another one for your phone then it runs out so you have to phone them up, other hotels don't have this problem; just make it easy to log on.
Breakfast was good and they started earlier than 0700 hrs. One morning they had lost the keys to the fridge so only cold food was available, until 15 mins after, when the keys were found, part of the charm of the hotel and it is a charming place to go to.
The car park can be a nightmare, it does not belong to the hotel well most of it and people come to hotel and pub next door for drink so it get very full. If it get really bad park on the pavement outside the hotel.
On the whole a charming, friendly, but no very tired hotel.
The Italian restaurant over the roam is very good would recommend.

Room Tip: Try and get a Coach House, room more expensive but haggle and sometimes you get a better deal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to me.

I am pleased that overall you feel that The Warren Lodge is a charming place to stay and that you find the staff to be helpful and friendly.

I am sorry to hear that you have found the single rooms small and tired. We are currently working our way round the hotel painting bedrooms in order to improve this. As the Warren Lodge is an old building with extensions including the river block, there are different room types in various sizes. I am also sorry to hear that you had difficulty with your luggage and the stairs to an upstairs double room. We should have offered to assist you, so please accept my apologies if this wasn’t the case during your stay. I am very sorry to hear that one morning breakfast was delayed due to the keys being mislaid. This is very unusual, as you mention we often start breakfast earlier than advertised. With regards to giving out different passwords per device, this is to ensure that only guests and customers can log on, as we had issues with some of the local houses using the hotel Wifi which slowed the system down and as you have said the connection was good, so we want to ensure this is consistent.

Thank you again for you review and I do hope we can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel.

Many thanks

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We held our wedding ceremony at the Anchor Hotel and our reception at the Warren Lodge Hotel on the 11th October 2013. The venue was perfect for our day and exceeded expectations, the hotel staff couldn't do enough for us and the Wedding Coordinator Kate Hartley was very efficient and patient with all our requests! From the quality of service to the food on the day everything was perfect. The evening buffet was very much enjoyed by all of our guests and we very much recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The Club rooms overlooking the Thames are nice and quiet with a lovely view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Clare B
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. It is very rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.
I am so pleased to hear that you were impressed with the staff, especially the service provided by Kate. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food.

The Warren Lodge prides itself on its weddings, we really enjoying doing them, as every wedding is special to us.
Its makes it all so worthwhile when we get such positive feedback about our service.

So again, I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I hope my team and I can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel sometime very soon.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent four nights at the Warren Lodge and it was very good. We had all our meals in the hotel for those four days and the service, standard and timing didn't drop. Breakfast is busy but the staff took the orders quick kept the food coming! The waiters, as said before, were excellent, always cheerful. They had at least 5 functions in 4 days and just kept it up. The manager was on hand just about all the time and had a great sense of humour. Individual needs were met. Claudia and her colleagues were "on the ball" too. We had a club terrace room overlooking the Thames through patio doors, you cant beat that. It was our 2nd time there and we are going back. You wont find anything better than the Warren for the price imo. Thanks to ALL the staff there for giving us a great service, keeping us fed and watered (not with water tho'!) with a few laughs.
Cant wait to go back to be honest. That's a 10/10 from me.
Russ W

Room Tip: Club terrace rooms 28-31 inc. Big patio doors open on to the terrace over looking the Thames It cos...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Russ W
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is really rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the staff and found them to be always cheerful. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Club room on the terrace.
The hotel has a lot of character and my team and I work hard to ensure our guests are well looked after, as afterall without our guests, we would not be here.

I would like to thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Afte a busy day in West London is isn't far to the peace and traquility of Warren Lodge. A cold drink overlooking the Thames is a perfect way to finish a business trip. Rooms are a little dated but staff friendly and food good. I much prefer to stay here than some of the expensive impersonal hotels that may be a littler nearer the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is very rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
I am also glad that you enjoyed your meals, as all of our food is freshly cooked.

The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year,
so I would like to thank you again for your review and do hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just wanted to say thank you for a brilliant night and compliment Leigh and Ben on their excellent attitudes, service, and memories. Remembered our drinks order after the first round. Danced along all night. Smiled at everyone all night. Brilliant staff assets to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
      Cleanliness
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is so rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the party and were impressed by the staff and found them to be friendly and attentive, I will pass on your comments to Leigh and Ben.

I do hope to see you at The Warren Lodge again soon

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,442 reviews

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!