“Ok stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Hampshire
“Ok stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We were put in the suite for our one night stay. Very quiet room which was appreciated as there was a function going on. Room was comfortable with sitting room and kitchenette which we did not need. Trying hard with fruit, water bath robes supplied but in need of refurbishment to bring it up to good standard, new carpets and new/clean net curtains would make all the difference. However comfortable stay and good value and staff very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and accommodating. It is so rewarding for the Team and myself when we receive such good feedback. I am also pleased to hear that you found the room to be quiet and had a comfortable stay, which you thought was good value. With regards to your comments about net curtains and carpet in the room, we have since taken the net curtains down to clean. We also have a refurbishment plan for some of the rooms and are looking at replacing some of the carpets.

The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year now, and earning 4 stars
so I would like to thank you again for your review and hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel.

01932 242972 ext 249

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Warren on Saturday night have been before some years ago, but this time we were give a great room on the terrace that overlooks the River, we were given complimentry Fruit Bowl, sparkling water,fluffy toweling robes and a free Sunday Paper. The staff are really professional and nothing is to much trouble, the repectionist was more than helpful which makes your stay enjoyable. The room was clean comforable and as frequent travellers we were more than impressed by this lovely Hotel in a quaint little Church Square, Lovely Hotel we will be going back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the terrace overlooking the River are great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is so rewarding for the Team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

so I would like to thank you again for your review and hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my 13 year old daughter. We chose it for the location as we wanted to spend a day in London without added cost of pricey accommodation. We had a delightful garden room and were able to access the garden and lovely views across the river.
The staff were friendly and the room was comfortable,but could have been a little cleaner. We were able to leave the car parked for the day and then walk to the train station(15mins). Shepperton is very pretty, especially on a warm, sunny day.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Debbie J
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Pretty location in the heart of the old village and next to the river. Well equipped rooms and friendly staff at an affordable price. (we paid £49 for a twin room with breakfast)
We were in the main building, and the room was small, but contained all the essentials -comfortable bed, reasonable storage space, flat screen TV (on a bracket as the room was tiny) and well-stocked tea/coffee tray. Nice view out onto the church yard. No double glazing, but the window opened and closed ok.
Parking was cramped but adequate - we found a space in the square outside, but there is another car park at the back.
On the downside - the bathroom could have been cleaner, and the room door had a gap at the bottom which let in the light.

Reception staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was excellent - poached eggs perfectly cooked.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank latintourist

Church Square certainly has a lovely atmosphere, I'm glad that you appreciated it.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, found the staff to be friendly and that you found us to be value for money.
We enjoy providing great service to our guests and aim to be competitive with our pricing.

With regards to the cleanliness of the bathroom, I am sorry that you thought that it could have been cleaner.
I have discussed your comments with my Head Housekeeper to ensure that the team are more diligent in this area.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I regularly stay in Shepperton/Sunbury but with most other hotels booked up, I decided to try Warren Lodge. My first impressions were pretty good, quaint hotel in a lovely old village square right on the river, a great location. The staff were quite good too, the American lady behind reception was very nice and performed as you would expect from a decent hotel.
Unfortunately the room was simply terrible! When I booked I chose a "club class" room which was decently priced at £90 and I thought I was on to a winner. The room itself however was the ground floor of a mews type annex at the side of the hotel. It was instantly clear that the room was in desperate need of some serious modernisation. The bed was old with a mattress that looked and felt like a crushed cigarette box. The carpet was dirty as were the walls, seats and other furnishings. The bathroom was ancient! It reminded me of something out of a council built 1960's tower block except dirtier. The place was just hideous! At night it also became evident that the front door which led directly on to the car park left a quarter inch gap so both noise and wind came through in equal measure.
I decided to eat at the restaurant that evening which wasn't too bad. The middle aged chap who seemed somewhat out of place here was making a rude gesture with his hand to two people as I walked in, they could have been customers or friends, it wasn't immediately clear but did serve to make me feel instantly uncomfortable. I was seated at a table in the window which moved backwards and forwards by 20degrees everytime I took a drink until the waiter stopped it with the aid of a beer mat. Food was lamb kebabs and steak with pepper sauce. Kebabs were ok and the steak not too bad, the sauce however was very thin and tasteless but it did come in a massive gravy boat so I easily managed to turn my dinner in to steak and chips floating in pepper sauce soup.
Returning to my room, I found I was constantly awakened by the noise from above and either side along with cars coming in and out of the carpark leading to a pretty poor nights sleep.
Water pressure was non existent and the towels were the thickness of a cigarette paper. WiFi whilst included free was impossible to use because there was no signal.

The sad thing about this hotel is that with some real investment, it could be amazing. The location which is right on the river could be incredible in summer and it in walking distance of Shepperton. As a boutique hotel with decent bathrooms, decent bedrooms and doors that fully close, it could be a fantastic place to stay but at the moment it is by some way the worst in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to us. I take guest feedback very seriously and am most concerned to learn that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.
I would therefore like to offer my sincere apologies to you.

I am however pleased to hear that check in met your expectations and that you thought that Jennifer was very nice.

Regarding to your room. I am very sorry that you felt it was not adequate. Our club rooms are normally very popular rooms and guests often request them. I am sorry that you did not feel the same. Regarding the bathrooms, we are currently undergoing some light refurbishment of some rooms and this one is on the list. As you will see in reviews below this, we normally get comments praising the cleanliness of the rooms and we check all rooms daily to ensure they are cleaned to a high standard. I am sorry that on this occasion you felt that this was not the case. I have shared your comments with the Head Housekeeper, as all rooms should be cleaned to a high standard consistently.

With regards to your Dinner service and meal, firstly I was very cornered to learn about the man making rude gestures, I will be speaking to the staff who were on duty that evening to establish exactly what he was doing. I would be very surprised if he intended to be a rude, as my staff here regularly receive praise on the service that they provide. I am sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable. I am also disappointed to hear that you didn’t enjoy the sauce with your lamb kebabs and steak.

Regarding the free wifi, I have checked in room 30 and currently it seems to be fine. We have had no other complaints regarding the wifi at the time of your stay, but I am obviously sorry if this was not your experience.
The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor due to all the positive reviews that we receive and being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year, so please be assured that we will be working very hard to ensure the areas that you have mentioned are looked at with great concern .

Tel: 01932 242972
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had my wedding reception at the Warren Lodge. It was the perfect setting for a perfect day. Excellent Food and organization, great rooms beautiful views and altough the hotel need a little upgrade, the quality and friendliness of the staff is just outsanding. From the reception team, to the housekeeping team to the waiters, managers and specially Kate (event coordinator) Malcom and Ryan made everything to help me and my husband to have the most amazing time.
Thanks to all again, hope to see you soon

Room Tip: Club rooms are spacious and the ones no the river side are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your great review. It is so rewarding for me and my Team when we receive such good feedback.

The Warren Lodge prides itself on its weddings, my team and I really enjoying doing them as every wedding is special to us.
Its makes it all so worthwhile when we get such positive feedback.

So again, I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I hope my team and I can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel sometime very soon.

Tel 01932 242972 ext 249
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed at the Warren Lodge last night. It was my 4th visit as I stay here when attending meetings at Thorpe Park. Parking can sometimes be a struggle as its tucked away behind the church square, but I've always been lucky enough to get a space.

This time I had room 35 which is the best I've had. It's based outside and on the first floor, but had a fabulous view of the Thames, and it was a great sized room. The room was spacious, clean and comfy. The bathrooms are a little tired, due to the age of the property, but are always clean. Perhaps some money does need to be spent upgrading bathrooms here as people expect modern even in an old property. The cleanliness is the main thing for me, and it was clean.

I ate dinner last night which was lovely - rainbow trout with lemon salad. Service was great too, attentive but not overbearing. Breakfast this morning was good with very quick service.

Overall for the location and price of this hotel it's great value for money, in an area where prices are much higher in other hotels. I'm sure I'll be back, and will look forward to it.

• Stayed May 2013
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you, so much for your great review. It is so rewarding for me and my Team when we receive such good feed back.

I hope my team and I can welcome you back to the warren lodge sometime very soon.

Tel 01932 242972 ext 249
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!