“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed June 1, 2007

I stayed at this hotel while on a work do and it was all booked by someone else. I was a bit concerned when I saw that there were negative reviews here.

However, I thought that it was absolutely fine. The room I stayed in was clean and a good size. I didn't hear any air con noise either. I had tea making facilities and a good quality hairdryer.

There was a good selection for breakfast (including Marmite).

They have now changed the road signs so that they say "Holiday Inn", but the gym is still called "Moativation". Maybe they just don't realise that that's not how you spell it!!

I'd be perfectly happy to stay here again if I were in the area.

The only negative I have is that their directions for Thorpe Park rather bizarrely take you to Thorpe waterpark.

• Liked — Nice size / airy room
  • Disliked — No real negatives to report.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
London
Reviewed April 11, 2007

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Shepperton sevaral times as it is close to my fiances work and we often attend dinner parties nearby . I have only once had a problem whereas we booked a double and on arrival only a twin was available, we received our next stay free of charge and got plenty of apoloigies.
I always book 3 days in advance and get the discounted rate of £49 via the holiday inn website.
The rooms are always very clean and comfortable, never heard any excessive noise from the air con and staff are clearly spoken and polite.
The pool and sauna are nice and clean too and never crowded.
Overall i think it is a great hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone. Although i do recommend booking in advance because you can pay upto £170 if you walk in on the night.
I have never eaten at the hotel as always wake up too late for breakfast so i cannot comment on the food.
Ignore the others and try it out, TRUST ME!

• Liked — Great value, nice location.
  • Disliked — No complaints what so ever.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed February 25, 2007

I stayed here several times over the last few months and, without doubt, it's getting worse. I am forced to stay here becuase it's a company approved hotel otherwise I'd have left ages ago.

On arriving this is now my routine:
1) Check -in an see if they can find me on their system. I am a loyalty card holder but there is no special treatment or guarantee they find you in their records.
2) Drag bags to the room which is often on a floor the lift doesn't reach.
3) Try the key (won't always work) and inspect the room and the bathroom. If it faces the loading bay, bar coolers or the air conditioning units, back to reception with the bags.
4) Request another room. Drag the bags back and check again.
Continue until a suitable room is found.

Common complaints: Baths not clean, mould on the tiling, shower curtain smells, sky tv not working, bulbs blown and the air conditioning...... All the units are now being ripped out (40 at a time) and replaced as they gurggle and splutter throughout the night even when turned off!! Rooms on the top floor are the worst it seems. Ground floor is less noisey.

My advice, avoid until they get their maintenance levels sorted out. The prices are higher than in London but with none of the location benefits or levels of service. The pool is nice but even still I'll be commuting from now on.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank IT-nerd-on-the-road

Travelers are raving about these Shepperton hotels

Liverpool, England
Reviewed February 14, 2007

I only stayed here for one night on business and without doubt the dirtiest bathroom I have ever stayed in. I am not that picky either, but pool of urine at the back of the toilet, and a whole host of various hairs lay on the floor, in the bath etc. The air conditioner was so noisy and in my opinion should be tested, and they hadn't even vacuumed the carpet. I had changed room once before as there was no heating or tv working, but both rooms smelt of the dirty shower curtain. I put up with the second room, despite the state but had 4 other colleagues who were equally horriffied with their rooms.

By far and away the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in, maybe I was unlucky, but at £170 quid a night, do yourself a favour and stay in a real hotel.

• Liked — Staff were accommodating, but they are used to the complaints by now
  • Disliked — As long as it is clean I don't mind, but it was filthy.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank mjellisuk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!