“very nice”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights while takeing the famaliy to thorpe park, exellent service very nice food very clean rooms spot on no problems atall, customer care n service 100% would gladly stay there again

Room Tip: all rooms are good as far as i could see nice views and nice n clean and tidy cannot fault this plac...
1 Thank Nicholaslucas
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, September 19, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be excellent. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was near Thorpe park(approx. 6 miles away).
location was good and cleanliness of the hotel was great, I didn't find
the receptionist all that friendly but maybe it was me being tired!! We found
the restaurant quite expensive to eat as a family so we ate out at a nearby pub.
The rooms are quite basic and walls quite thin so got woken by next door talking
the next morning, again the rooms were very clean and comfortable.
The breakfast buffet was great with plenty of choice, after breakfast we visited
the pool facilities that were on site which were great for the kids to play in, they
also had a fabulous Jacuzzi/steam and sauna room, the gym
also looked good, again the facilities and changing rooms were spotlessly clean.
All in all we found the hotel an enjoyable experience and would definitely stay here
again.

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be excellent. I’m delighted you all enjoyed our leisure facilities and would definitely return in the future. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Location and cleanliness were second to none. Situated adjacent to a mariner the location allows for a quiet, relaxing get away. The gym and pool facilities were most welcome and sufficient to re-charge the families batteries after a long drive. The quality of the breakfast was very good as can be expected from a large national chain. The hotel in general was very clean, a good find, within easy access to most of the tourist attractions.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear of the hotel overlook a field that has high trees allowing for privacy and quitene...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything from our gym to our meals to be of a high quality. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a wedding party. Our room was clean, comfortable and the air conditioning worked. It is a large hotel but had plenty of seating areas in the bar and lounge with friendly staff in all departments. Breakfast time was a bit chaotic as tables were not being cleaned fast enough for the amount of people trying to sit down to eat, also we had to wait for more bread, eggs, glasses for juice, and teaspoons. However the food was good and there was a good choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with is and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back for another break soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We're a family of 3 and we stayed here last July 2013 for 4 nights (think I paid c.£500) to visit Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Hampton Court Palace & Flower Festival.

There's a cash machine with a fee, a phone to call a taxi, etc. The room was clean. The bed was comfy but not the sofa bed which hurt my back. There's aircon. The toilet was average & bath tub looks old. Had to ask the housekeeping to change the shower head because it was not working. The water piled up as you shower so I think drainage needs declogging.

Enough clean towels and toiletries were provided. Reception was very helpful & friendly. Breakfast area was clean and there were good selections of bread, croissants, juices, teas, cereals, fruits, yogurts, sausages, eggs, etc.

The swimming pool was great & the changing area. Only I felt awkward was when we went there an there were a group of people who jumped in to the pool without taking a shower first. There were also people who had skin problems who jumped in which I was not sure if contagious or not but of course with no offense we just gave them space & we just went back in the afternoon after the staff tested the water. No offense to other guests & please pardon me but our child was with us who never has had skin problems & I didn't want to gamble.

The area is rural-suburb so expect nothing to see except trees and houses. It's near the Marina though.

Bar's food was good too!!!

We had to leave early to catch a 6am flight & we were kindly provided with packed snacks by the receptionist (sandwiches, fruits, crisps).

Thank you for the hospitality!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us very much and found everything to your liking. I’m delighted you found our team members to be extremely courteous and professional – I hope to welcome you back soon.

england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was part of a group travelling to London for a theatre w/e. We hardly spent much time at the hotel so can't comment on all the facilities. Our room was small but adequate with enough sachets of tea, coffee and milk and also shower, gel, shampoo etc. Bed was comfortable and room temperature was spot on.
There was an ample selection at breakfast although the machine coffee was a bit hit and miss depending on what you selected.

All in all a nice stay and wouldnt have a problem staying here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ConcernedCheshire
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed for four nights with a coach group visiting the London Palaces. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, however there was not enough drawers for anyone staying more than one night. Because we were with a coach group we were seated on the top tier of the restaurant - no tablecloths and paper napkins, whereas the rest of the restaurant had cloth tablecloths and cloth napkins? Our time for dinner was 7pm - we arrived at ten past to find that half the food had disappeared and no more appeared - everything was buffet, including drinks and coffee. We asked to pay extra and upgrade - only to find that the service then was terrible, as was the food - we waited and waited. If this is an AA rated 4*, then I am appalled. I would only recommend this Hotel as a basic 3*.

Room Tip: The rooms were small but adequate, there is nowhere in the Hotel that is noisy, so any room would do...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Penny1946
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read that your time with us was not to the standard as it should have been; especially in our restaurant. I will investigate this situation immediately to learn what changed during your stay to ensure it does not happen again. Once again, I hope you accept my apologies for your stay. If you wish to discuss this matter further please email me on rm.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com

Reception Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!