“It did the job”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“It did the job”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here for a week for work recently. The room was ok, my main gripe was that there were no rooms with double beds only twin singles and I find it really hard to get a decent nights sleep in a single bed. Room rate I paid (which was a special rate) was £105 which included breakfast and wi-fi. The room service food was quite good and breakfast was fine providing standard fare.

The hotel is quite out of the way if you want to walk anywhere.

I used the pool which was great early morning as it was quiet. All in all the stay was fine. I would have marked it 7/10 but as I have only 5 stars to mark it, I'm going for 3 because the normal room rate for weekdays is higher than I paid

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Frag888
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am sorry to read that your room was not to your preference but I am pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay and found everything else to your liking. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here as part of a coach party for 4 nights. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am fussy - hotels, food, service - I can be quite critical. I like to think that I'm fair. This hotel I couldn't really fault. The rooms were kept extremely clean. Ours (202), I admit could do with a little tlc, and the bathroom door wasn't level - but I can forgive those.
The staff were all polite, helpful and efficient.
The food (ours was a choice from a selection each evening), was hot, tasty and very good.
We didn't have time to use the gym or pool, so I can't comment on these.
The hotel is a great base for sightseeing, but a little way out if you like to walk to shops, pubs, etc.
The bar drinks were quite expensive, but comparable with other hotels.
Would I stay here again - definitely - but as a base, not for a relaxing stay in the hotel type weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justlikestravelling
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is a typical Holiday Inn. It's basic, functional and clean. The staff were helpful. When I stayed it seemed as though it had been fairly recently refurbished and it was fine for a one night stay for business. I booked fairly late so the price was a little higher than I would normally pay for a Holiday Inn room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SarahA250
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members helpful. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are a family of three, stayed here for one night inclusive of breakfast (eat all we can) for £70. I don't think it's bad as we were able to use all their amenities after a tiring long saturday day. All staff are very accommodating and the food in the restaurant are very nice with loads of option on their menu in the bar area. The room is comfortable with a climate control air conditioning. I will definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MJ0anG
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be of good value for money. I’m happy your meals were delicious and we offered plenty of choice to satisfy hungry children. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Receptioon Manager
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last month when visiting family in the area, we arrived late and was welcomed by a friendly young man on the reception, we dumped our bags and headed to get some food, we ate in the bar and the food was standard for a 4star hotel of this size, reasonably priced.

We were not at the hotel much so did not use many other facilities but had a wonder around and it looked nice enough, lots of open space and nice grounds to walk around.

The only thing I did notice and would mention was the toiletries and tea and coffee etc in the room was a very basic selection (only two teas and a coffee) and they were not topped up for the 3 days we stayed, I mentioned this to a member of staff as we were leaving and was told I should have asked for more but I didn't expect to have to in a 4 (not so cheap) star hotel.

This small factor aside we had a lovely stay and will definitely be staying again when in the area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members to be extremely welcoming and the meals of a high quality. I have taken your comments concerning the topping up of your tea and coffee into consideration and I will speak to our housekeeping team to see what we can do about this. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I used to stay here a lot however the service just gets worse and worse. The reception staff refuse to offer the standard holiday inn free Internet to gold members and try to get you to pay for it. The rooms are very dated now, although they have upgraded the Tv's. Save your money and book Into the cheaper holiday inn express (T5) and get a much nicer room and fantastic service.

• Stayed June 2013
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very disappointed to read that you were not awarded the free use of WiFi as you are a Gold Elite member of the IHG Rewards Club you absolutely should have and I will address this with my team immediately. I would greatly appreciate the chance to restore your faith in our hotel, please email your name, date of stay, room number to rm.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com and I will only be too happy to discuss this matter further with you.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

In general this was a good place to stay - the room was comfy enough, the bed was excellent but the room slightly let down by a television with a poor quality picture. Never mind, I was barely there to use it!

The food in the restaurant was pretty good - I had a mixed grill and it was a lot of food but a touch more expensive than other places I have stayed.

Plenty of parking and the hotel was pretty quiet (after the staff chased away a few local kids from playing in the back)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and you found your room comfortable due to your excellent bed. I will make sure to send a member of our maintenance team to double check the quality of the televisions to ensure they are working. I’m pleased your meal was adequate and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reception Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!