“Avoid. Much better holiday inn's nearby”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
“Avoid. Much better holiday inn's nearby”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I used to stay here a lot however the service just gets worse and worse. The reception staff refuse to offer the standard holiday inn free Internet to gold members and try to get you to pay for it. The rooms are very dated now, although they have upgraded the Tv's. Save your money and book Into the cheaper holiday inn express (T5) and get a much nicer room and fantastic service.

• Stayed June 2013
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very disappointed to read that you were not awarded the free use of WiFi as you are a Gold Elite member of the IHG Rewards Club you absolutely should have and I will address this with my team immediately. I would greatly appreciate the chance to restore your faith in our hotel, please email your name, date of stay, room number to rm.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com and I will only be too happy to discuss this matter further with you.

Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

In general this was a good place to stay - the room was comfy enough, the bed was excellent but the room slightly let down by a television with a poor quality picture. Never mind, I was barely there to use it!

The food in the restaurant was pretty good - I had a mixed grill and it was a lot of food but a touch more expensive than other places I have stayed.

Plenty of parking and the hotel was pretty quiet (after the staff chased away a few local kids from playing in the back)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and you found your room comfortable due to your excellent bed. I will make sure to send a member of our maintenance team to double check the quality of the televisions to ensure they are working. I’m pleased your meal was adequate and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels located west of London near Walton Bridge and almost next door to the Shepperton Marina.
Set in a lovely location,surrounded in plenty of open space.
Although this hotel used to be called the Shepperton Moat House Hotel, now franchised under the Holiday Inn brand, it has maintained its charm and beauty.
The Regatta Restaurant serves excellent meals, although the menu is a bit short of choices.
Bar snacks/meals are available next door in the spacious bar area.
Very friendly staff. Clean and comfortable.
Close distance( 9 miles) to T 5 at LHR ,and max. 10 minute drive to the M 3.
Well worth a stay, whether you are transiting or on an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of your time at our hotel.

I am very pleased to read that we are one of your favourite hotels as we are in an idyllic location with added charm and beauty. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our hotel ream and I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the meals you sampled. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

folkestone
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past couple of years but this year it has gone down hill very quickly. We stayed at the beginning of July for two nights bed and breakfast. The remote control didn't work but was replaced quite quickly. The water to the bath was very slow and the plug/ drainer was unseated from the tub. When we went to breakfast we were told to sit at any table even though there were none that were clear so we cleared our own. There were no plates for the toast or the cooked breakfast and we had to wait. We returned to the hotel this weekend for three nights but didn't book breakfast this time. As we entered the hotel from the car park there was a very strong musty/ damp smell that was there all weekend. The remote control for the tv again didn't work but was replaced. Before going to bed we went to get a couple of bottles of drinking water from the dispensing machine but it was out of order. We went to the bar and we were told we could buy buy a bottle of water for £4.50! As it was the only option we had no choice. The machine was still out of order when we left. On our last night we returned from a great day at Ascot races for a shower before we went out for a meal that we had booked at a restaurant for 8pm. We turned on the shower but there was no water - hot or cold! I rang reception and was told they knew about the situation and it was being dealt with. 20 mins later there was still no water and I rang reception who again said it was being dealt with. I requested a refund for that nights stay and was told by the receptionist that she would speak to the manager. By the time the water came back on it was too late and we'd missed our table. We checked out this morning and enquired at reception about a refund but we were told we would have to ring up the reservations line as the hotel doesn't deal with refunds. We used to stay at Holiday Inns wherever we went racing but no more. Some of them have been excellent but this one has really lost it's way.

Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,
I am very disappointed to read that your stay was not to the standards that it should have been. Firstly, I am pleased that the issues with your television remotes was solved very quickly but I would like to offer my apologies concerning the issues you found with the running water in your bathroom. This was due to a mechanical failure. I would very much appreciate the chance to speak to you about your review and to maybe restore your faith in our hotel. If you’d be willing to, please email your name, room number, and date of stay to rm.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Reception Manager

Travelers are raving about these Shepperton hotels

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Came here for a wedding reception weekend and its an excellent Holiday Inn which is nice and quiet. Its great for the local tourist attractions and probably cheaper as it is not as close but if you are in a car that shouldnt be a problem. Walton on Thames town centre is nearby, probably about 20 minutes walk and you cant fault it on its position by Shepperton Marina. You can upgrade your room to include breakfast for an extra £10 per person so it might pay to look at rates. We got the room for £70 per night, and its very good value at this rate.

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that your stay with us was excellent and you found us to be great value for money in a wonderful location. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Peter Cannnon
UK
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and travelled to Wimbledon for the last few days of the tennis. We travelled by train and discovered there is no taxi rank at the station. The hotel directions were not that good and it is a good mile and a half walk from the station!
Upon arrival the reception staff did not swipe my credit card which caused problems later when I tried to put food and drink on my room bill. Also although it was only early evening when we arrived, when I enquired about the possibility of staying an extra night I was told that reservation staff had gone home and no could help me until 9.00 am (the time we planned to leave for Wimbledon). When we got to our room we were dismayed to see a yellow sign warning about a wet floor, a dehumidifier outside the door and upon opening the door a terrible damp, musty smell. We told reception staff we could not stay in that room and were found a different room - does make you wonder why the original room was being made available when it obviously was not dry and clean!
We ate in the restaurant and the food was the best we have ever had in a Holiday Inn - really delicious.
We did stay the second night but regretted it as we discovered how thin the walls of the hotel are and had to contend with a group of males talking loudly until the early hours.
Breakfast was as expected in a Holiday Inn but as we arrived towards the end of the breakfast period there was a lack of plates, cups (ended up with cardboard cups!) and glasses and we had to keep asking waiting staff for these as we required them

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that you found our meals to be the best you have had in any hotel, but I am concerned that the rest of your stay was rather disappointing. Firstly, I am sorry about the condition of your first room. You should not have been allocated this room and I’m also sorry our team members were unable to assist you when enquiring about an extra night. If you wish to discuss this with me further please do email me on rm.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com

I hope, despite the issues you found, you choose to stay with us once more.

Killyleagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with our children while visiting Legoland and Thorpe park. The rooms were on the small side for 4 with the kids on a sofa bed. Usual holiday inn fare. However what made our trip really special was the wonderful restaurant manager. This lovely (Italian?) guy was so very sweet to the kids. He was loads of fun and couldn't do enough for us....treasure him holiday inn shepperton, you have a very special staff member there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay while you explored Legoland and Thorpe Park with your family. I will be sure to share your review with our restaurant manager and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reception Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!