“Good location with vey friendly staff!”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good London base for business and when taken a city break!

Excellent parking facilities!

My experience stated from a very friendly greeting from the reception. They were attentive & extremely helpful. My Room was comfortable and clean.

All occupants have free use of the fitness club. I used the pool facilities, it helped dissolve all the miles and meeting I had that day. Relaxing and very much recommended.

Dinner was ok and I have a feeling that they could do better?

Breakfast again like dinner, could do better. However breakfast was a lot better than most of the UK hotels that I've stayed in.

7/10 very mush recommended. Will be staying again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jimmy41434
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our hotel the perfect base for London and our team members professional and friendly.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

BASIC, Clean, Early 90’s style rooms, but with very tired bathrooms. A good and comfortable bed was with a choice of firm or soft pillows. I booked an “executive” room but it was SMALL.

The room had good TV with several channels to choose from, no complaint :)
Coffee and tea wasn’t replenished on daily basis and no biscuits offered :(

Nothing within walking distance from the hotel; we used the Chariot car service which was excellent and VERY reasonably priced.

The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful (note that you must to call beforehand for dinner reservation or you won’t be allowed into the restaurant!) the nice girl at that day kept coming to ask if we were ok and satisfied... very kind. I loved their fish and chips; also the prawns in pepper butter were yummy! Ordered this selection twice :)

I used the laundry service for my business suits and it was excellent!

Overall stay OK!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that your time with us was comfortable and our restaurant team were excellent both in service and food. I will pass your kind words onto all the team members involved in your review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stopped overnight having landed at Heathrow. Arrived about midnight. Friendly check in and quickly to room. Bathroom looked a bit worn with a leaking tap in bath. Bed was comfortable. No movies available via TV. Did not eat there. The price for a saturday night was excellent. there were some noisy neighbours in the corridor late which was annoying.

Room Tip: Executive Room is nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank philosIsleofMan

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your satisfaction. I will be sure to send someone from maintenance along to check the bathrooms out and ensure the taps are all in working order. I apologise that you were disturbed by the noisy neighbours- we do our best to make sure all of our guests get a good night sleep and are not disturbed but on this occasion it seems we were unable to do so . I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn London Shepperton soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our second visit to the Holiday Inn, Shepperton. We returned as we were happy with the accommodation, cleanliness and pricing. This time around, we found the hotel to be to the same standard as the previous visit. Rooms were clean, bedding spotless, staff helpful and breakfast good.

We use this hotel as we have family in the area, but find that it is convenient enough for visiting central London, with nearby Hampton and Hampton Court stations a forty five minute train ride from Waterloo.

The restaurant in the hotel seemed expensive, so we went to a local pub (The Goat) for our evening meal. Being as the hotel is tucked out of the way, there aren’t any pubs/restaurants in walking distance, but we thought this a price worth paying for a peaceful night’s sleep.

My only issue is the lack of free WiFi. I don’t usually pay for WiFi at hotels, as I’m happy to pick up emails on my phone/tablet. In this case, my phone (3 mobile) wasn’t able to pick up an internet signal, so if you can’t do without internet, be prepared to cough up!

Room Tip: Some rooms are above the function suite, which can get a bit noisy if there's a party on. Ask fo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ben11v11
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight why you enjoyed your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that as a returning customer you have enjoyed your stays with us and found everything to be to your liking. I am pleased to inform you that from July our Priority Club gold and platinum members will receive complimentary WiFi throughout their stays. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times in the past as it is close to the BP headquarters in Sunbury and most of the BP visitors stay here as well. During my most recent stay, the experience was typical of my other stays. The rooms are a bit small, but have all the basics. There is an on-site fitness facility that isn't very big, but has everything you need for a good workout. They also offer fitness classes however the facility is also open to the public so can get busy at times. The pool is big for your typical UK hotel and offers lines so you can lap swim. The restaurant has an ok menu with your basic choices, nothing special really. Breakfast buffet is also quite typical with your hot and cold choices as well as a good choice of pastries. There is a small bar that has a good selection for the size and the bartenders are usually nice to chat with. Overall, the hotel is a bit expensive for what is offered. There really isn't anything around within walking distance (other than a marina) so if you want to hit a restaurant or do any shopping, you will have to hire a car. Luckily there is a car service that is very prompt and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very pleased to read that your enjoyed your time with us and found the food to be to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed for two nights and the room was clean comfortable and quiet, the food both in the restaurant and when I used room service was very good, pity there was no real ale but you can't win em all! The staff were polite and efficient with Barbara and Agata both outstanding.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeremy G

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your two night break with us and found everything to be to your liking. I will pass your compliments onto our team members and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a nice location but a typical Holiday Inn location! You have no choice but to eat in their resturant. The Resturant or bar menu (they tend to be the same in Holiday Inn's) is limited but the food is OK. Bedroom, ground floor on this occasion, was not great. Very tired, bathroom not nice at all. Horrible shower curtain (I really dislike these) in bath. Bathroom door looks like it has been painted 50 times. Room was really noisy!! I could hear very clearly EVERYTHING my next room guest was doing. Telephone calls (on his iPhone-I can tell because I could easily hear the iPhone ringtone) I could hear every word clearly. All bathroom activities were very clearly heard unfortunately. Walls must be paper thin! On the plus side there is a big free car park, staff were friendly, bed was very comfortable (this is one area I do don't complain about-Holiday Inn beds are always comfortable).
Please renovate this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss why you were dissatisfied with your stay.

I am sorry to read that you found our lack of room service, the condition of your room and the thinness of the walls to cause you concern. I have taken your comments into consideration and I will discuss your review with our housekeeping team as soon as possible to see what we can do. I’m pleased you found your bed comfortable and our food satisfactory.

Reception Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!