“Out dated!!”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
“Out dated!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 15 May.

Heating not working - room freezing. Rang reception "it's a new system and it's not working yet". They supplied a small electric heater, but really ??

Room was clean and had a good TV with good reception but they don't even put biscuits in the rooms now !!

Hotel in the middle of nowhere - poor O2 and Vodafone 3G reception and no Internet access unless you're prepared to pay £5 an hour!! Come on holiday inn - give your head a shake.

I stay in LOADS of hotels and the majority offer some sort of free Internet, even if its only in the bar area.

For breakfast, they can't even be bothered to bring you a pot of tea - EVERYTHING is self service. You may as well stay in a travel lodge.

Mentioned to reception chap at checkout that I thought it was a bit daft to check someone into a room where they KNEW the air con/heating didn't work but just got a lame apology.

Holiday inns are a last resort for me now - they used to be first choice but they have never changed in the last 10 years - they need to move into the current century rather than staying in the 90's

• Stayed May 2013
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear guest,
I am very sorry to read that your stay with us was disappointing and you found your room to be less than satisfactory. We are in the process of upgrading our heating system within the hotel and I’m sorry to read that it didn’t seem to be fully functional during your stay. I have taken your comments concerning the biscuits and drinks at breakfast on board and I will discuss these further with our Food and Beverage team.

Concerning our WiFi we will be offering this free to our Platinum and Gold Elite members of our IHG Rewards Club (formerly Priority Club) during their time with us effective from 1st July2013. Once again please accept my sincere apologies for our lack of service on this occasion and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton in the near future.

Peter Cannon
Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel & park tickets package via the Thorpe park website (bargain breaks). We paid £222 for 2 days of theme park tickets and one night B&B at this hotel which is about five miles east of Thorpe park. We booked a family room which was just right for the four of us, the hotel is nice and modern, room was bright and clean with everything you need.

We ate in bar from the bar menu, didn't fancy the restaurant but it looked decent enough. Meals are good, no complaints. Buffet breakfast was good as well, suggest avoiding peak time as it gets very busy and you may find that you need to wait for a free table.

Went for a dip in the pool, there's also a gym, sauna, jacuzzi so plenty of things for relaxing.

Overall, nice hotel, friendly staff definitely would stay again

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank leek1972
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us while at Thorpe Park, I have passed your kind words on to the team here.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights and have to say I was quietly impressed. The staff are both friendly while being professional at the same time.
The rooms were the height of cleanliness and adequate to the task. My only criticism was that not all the room tea a d coffee item were not replenished every day a d a few complimentary biscuits or snacks wouldn't go aniss.
The bar and dining areas are bot top notch and the surrounding grounds ar quite picturesque.

I will be staying here for business over the next three months without any qualms whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2013
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found that everything was to your liking and I have shared your kind words with all the team. I have taken your comments concerning the replenishment of the tea and coffee on board and I will be discussing it with our housekeeping team.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Arriving at 5.30 pm and staying for just one night as part of a coach tour some members of our group were told their rooms were not ready for them. One couple were given keys only to find someone else was already in the room! However the management tried to make amends by offering a free drink and Sunday newspaper to those affected. I found my room to be clean and all linen spotless. A choice of firm or soft pillows was a nice touch. The wedding which was being held there on the same night was responsible for many of our party, myself included, experiencing a disturbed night. The food was average but not very hot. However, there was plenty of it when they remembered to refill the servers. The staff were pleasant and the location very rural. OK for one night!

Room Tip: Room 318 was nice and would have been quiet under normal circumstances.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that in the main, you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I will investigate the points you have raised and review our procedures to prevent mistakes such as the ones you mention from happening again. I am sorry that the quality of your sleep was compromised by another event in the hotel but I hope this wouldn’t deter you from staying with us again.

Mevagissey, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I had the honour and pleasure of attending Tracy K's wedding and everything she says is true.
The staff were professional and polite, the food very good (and the breakfast certainly gets my praise) and speaking of our room, well, clean and comfortable sums it up.
The hotel is in a very peaceful location which made it ideal for the occasion and I'm just sorry we were not there for a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be wonderful while you were with us for a wedding. I will pass on your kind words to the team here at the Holiday Inn London Shepperton.

I hope to welcome you back soon for a longer visit.

Walton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

On 27th April 2013 I married the man of my dreams! 24 hours afterwards I find myself searching for ways to say Thank you to The Holiday Inn, Shepperton.
We set the date of our wedding six months ago and looked at lots of venues. We found this hotel by chance. What can I say, best wrong left turn we have ever taken!
We took a chance and 'popped' in and was met by a lady called Angela Magill. She was not fazed by our impromptu visit. She was able to show us the Hampton suite where Weddings are conducted. We were immediately impresssed. From that moment on we were sold! Not once did Angela try the 'big sell' she asked us what they could do for us and what we wanted. This after seeing so many other venues was like a breath of fresh air!
We knew this was where we wanted our reception.
We at this time had booked the local registry office to conduct the marriage. (the less said about that the better!)
From the moment we booked this hotel we knew we had made the right choice.
Every step of the way the communication was second to none! Nothing was decided without a meeting/phonecall or email.

We were invited for a taster meal to decide on the dishes for our Wedding breakfast. Perfect perfect perfect! Both meals were delicious so it made choosing tough!

The day of the wedding was approaching fast and our registry office decided to erect scaffolding around the beautiful building making it impossible to get any decent photos. We were gutted. We thought we would try our luck and see if the hotel could help us and let us marry there. NOT A PROBLEM! They rose to the challenge with only 4 weeks notice!

With two weeks to go we met Our wedding coordinator Michael Ward...... What a breath of fresh air! He is a credit to this hotel.

I made my own centre pieces and top table arrangement and we met with Michael to go through how WE wanted things to look. This guy is a creative genius! I went along with my Matron of Honour last wednesday(3 days before our big day) to do a table decoration run through. On walking into the room our 'dummy' tables were set and oh my gosh! They were breathtaking!

Now the hotel was the venue for our whole day we checked in the night before. Myself and three bridesmaids all stayed in a huge suite, and my hubby to be at stayed in a twin room with my eldest son.
From that first moment the staff of this fantastic hotel could not do enough, complementry vino in our room, order taken for breakfast. We could not have felt more relaxed and secure in the knowledge that Our wedding day was going to be perfect!

On the morning of Our wedding, breakfast was delivered and our day began.
Michael arrived dressed in his morning suit looking fabulous. So professional! He gave me updates on the days events and assured me the groom was well and all exits were covered!!!

I had a minor hiccup when painting my 6 year old daughters nails. A bride with silver nail varnish all over her wedding finger is not a good look. Micheal was onto it with nail polish remover!

like I said...... every detail looked after.

I was met at my suite and escorted to the Hampton Suite were my Groom and all our guest were waiting.
My entrance was timed perfectly, Upon the doors opening I was left speechless by how beautiful the room looked.

Everything went like clock work. Our Wedding breakfast was outstanding, all the guests have told my husband and I how fantastic the meal and service was.

We had Our evening reception and buffet start at 7pm and Dj was fantastic. Tom another asset to The Holiday Inn took over the reins from Michael and was on top form. He was everything from waiter to doorman, We could not ask for more.

After an an amazing day, we retired to the 'Honeymoon' Suite, to find champagne, crystal engraved champagne flutes and rose petals on our bed!

We felt a tinge of sadness leaving today. I have heard from EVERY guest at our wedding and they cannot praise our day, the hotel, and service highly enough!

The Spa was an added bonus and a huge hit!

Holiday Inn you have made the most important day of our lives perfect. We cannot thank you enough. We did try to find one negative but we couldn't. You have set your standards high so any future weddings if ours is anything to go by would be as perfect.

Your staff are a credit to your company, customer service at its best!

Thank you again for making our day one to remember.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy K
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding day with us. I am overjoyed to read that your day went so smoothly from start to finish and you found us to be the perfect venue for your special day. I have passed on your kind words to our team as it is important the good news is shared with everyone who was involved in your day so it is clear that their hard work is appreciated. Michael was most flattered by your remarks, we were not aware of his hidden talents with nails!

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in the near future and congratulations on your marriage from everyone here at the hotel.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night during kids easter break. Location is near if you want to measure distance from Chessington World of Adventures. But after that there's nothing else around it.
Checked in at around 6pm to find that the room we are staying overnight which
cost us £150 has a tight space, no integrated/wall heating only a portable oil radiator, cranked sofa bed with no sheets and the appalling scenes in the bathroom. Check my photos of stain on the toilet seat which looked like dried urine splash and a big spider near the bin. The room smells damp. What do u expect heating is only turned on when its occupied.
I asked for room sevice, the cleaner appeared after 30 mins. And just before he finished I noticed the sink has dried gargled toothpast along the sides.

The only nice thing about it is its restaurant crew and kids eat free. Downside? Everything else.

• Stayed April 2013
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay after finding your room to be in a less than satisfactory condition. I forwarded your comments regarding the issues you raised with our Head Housekeeper and her team. They are embarrassed by your photos and wish to be associated with my apologies. I would like to be able to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn London Shepperton and would be grateful if you would contact me either by telephone or via email ops.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com.

I would like to apologise again for the poor standards you experienced and would like to reassure you they are not a true indication of our normal standards here at the Holiday Inn London Shepperton.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Shepperton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!