“Great Hotel, Bad Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London-Shepperton

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Bad Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have had stayed here many times over the years and the hotel has got better....but a great deal more expensive than its Moat House days. The stay was great, the room service excellent but don't be fooled by the name London Shepperton, the transport links are terrible, there is no pubs/restaurants/shops within walking distance, so if you're looking for this, this place is not for you. If you want free parking, good leisure and a relaxing time give this place a crack.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that as a returning customer you continue to enjoy your stays with us and find we are improving all the time. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Shaftesbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We had a warm welcome from reception which was a good start. We then went for dinner which was good food and reasonable value. On returning to the room we were advised the sofa bed was broken so we had to change rooms. No problem.
New room was adequate if not a little cramped. Bathroom ok.
Sofa bed mattress was so warn and uncomfortable that I had to strip the bed and lay the bath towels on it to make it comfortable for the children.
Our bed was a bit hard and the pillows were diabolically hard. Bed linen was poor and sparse for a 4* hotel. A few other things needed attention, only one reading light (other one only half there!)
On the whole acceptable until.........wanting nearly £30 for breakfast for 2 persons! Then trying to over charge us £30 on the bill for supper the previous night and the Internet.
Come on Holiday Inn ..... I expect better ......especially as I own shares!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found your room to be suitable and your meals to a high quality. Further to your comments I will personally audit our sofa beds to ensure they are in good working order. I would like to apologise for the mix-up at checkout, this was a mistake on our behalf and for that, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused you. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here because nice rural location and only 20 mins into London from nearby Walton train station,however spa had sauna out of order,then heating system really load especially between 3am and 3-30am and again at 6-30 am,was so bad gave up on 2nd night and drove home instead,also decided to have the self serve breakfast but as it openned 8am on bank holiday was told because not many eating that early there was no self serve and it would be brought out on a plate,not very good at £10 a head
Also ,it was very cold out and all that was provided on the bed was a very thin quilt,so wanted to turn heating up but if we did it was too load to sleep,i have stayed at low price hotels and they always have extra blankets in the wardrobe

Room Tip: take some ear plugs for the loud heating
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently undergoing a replacement of our existing system which should ensure greater guest comfort in future. I have taken all your comments into account concerning our blankets and have discussed them with housekeeping and we are in the process of purchasing some more.. I would also like to apologise for our sauna being out of order during your stay we are having this replaced in the near future. I would be happy to contact you to understand what we can do to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn London Shepperton and would be grateful if you would contact me on ops.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com.

Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Shepperton hotels

Shepperton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had the most wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Shepperton. Enjoyed a Mother's Day Lunch and food was fantastic and staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would happily recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal with us for Mother’s Day and found it to be fantastic as well as our team members being efficient. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

formby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at the hotel since Jan 2012 for periods of time throughout the year, I have been treated with respect at all times. Eat in the bar in the evenings and meals are presented well with a nice selection
The rooms are clean and in a satisfactory condition, when I have asked for anything it is never any trouble for any of the staff. I would recommend this hotel for those travelling or want a base for a couple of days. Well stocked Gym with swimming pool and steam room

Stayed April 2012
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I’m pleased to read that as a returning guest you continue to enjoy your stays with us and find everything to be excellent. I will be sure to share your wonderful review with our team members so they know how much our guests appreciate their hard work. I hope you always enjoy your stays with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed for one night on one business. Didnt arrive till 7.15 pm - a little bit off the beaten track but well signed. Staff very pleasant. Nice room. Had dinner in the restaurant (well, ate in the bar as football was on) and breakfast the following morning. Both were excellent.

Two minor points. I found a child's sock in the bed which was a bit worrying and please please can you start to provide black pepper.

Other than that, great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am very pleased to read that you found your room, meals and our team members to be excellent. I am sorry you found a sock in your bed I have pointed this out to our Housekeeper who was mortified and has asked to be associated with my apologies. and your comments regarding black pepper have been noted and hopefully we can accommodate this as soon as possible. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

A good hotel with good facilities (gym, pool, bar, restaurant) but some of the rooms are a bit cold and the air con is very noisy throughout the night even though it's completely turned off. A few other guests also complained about this but they didn't seem to care to much/offer an explanation/advise if it was something that they were going to fix

The traffic is also VERY busy getting out of the hotel onto the main road

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it to be everything you needed while with us. We are currently upgrading our heating system and have invested in a large supply of additional heating in order that we can provide our guests with comfortable rooms. In terms of the traffic issues you raised we are ever hopeful these will be resolved by the completion of the new bridge at Walton on Thames which is due for completion June this year. I’m also happy that you enjoyed our facilities and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!