“Sarcastic staff”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Sarcastic staff”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Needed to wait in the lounge to collect my daughter who had stayed at this hotel. Unfortunately I arrived after breakfast closed, 10.30 and before the bar opened at 12.00. The sole vending machine was broken and the staff refused to give me a drink or snack since they would be breaking their licensing agreement if they served me outside these hours. After I pointed out that I therefore would have to wait without a drink for an hour the manager (?) offered a tea or coffee in an unfriendly manner, I had to ask if he could provide a glass of water! He seemed quite angry that I would find this situation ridiculous. I was not alone in wanting a drink as I heard several guests making the same request. A hotel that can't provide refreshment and a manager that perhaps shouldn't have chosen hospitality as a career choice.

Stayed February 2013
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very disappointed to read that such an incident occurred while you waited to collect your daughter. I would very much appreciate it if you could email me on ops.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com so I can gather more details and investigate this situation thoroughly.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Check in was efficient and friendly.

The room was adequate and clean my only minor compliant was it could have been a little warmer. The heater vent is high in the room and while it pumped out hot air this did not seem to circulate all around the room.

Breakfast was buffet style with a good selection.

Check out again was again efficient and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team members to be helpful and friendly throughout your time with us. Our engineers have identified the fault with the heating system you mentioned and we will be replacing the heating system in the whole wing at considerable expense which will ensure our guest enjoy our rooms at a comfortable temperature.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Most of it has been said before. The place needs refurbishing badly. Heating didn't work, bedside reading light didn't work, bathroom extractor didn't work. All reported to reception but nothing done.
Room furnishings drab. carpet needed replacing.
Breakfast disappointing, cold plates for the ot offerings........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Ruth L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am deeply sorry for the overall issues you had during your stay. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Shepperton hotels

Devon, England
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited this hotel last weekend. It is very out of the way and fiddly to get to. Quite difficult to get into London. The hotel itself was ok. However the receptionist was one of the most disinterested I have ever experienced. Not really rude, but it felt like she could care if we were there or not and certainly did not offer us any information at all.

The room was an executive but was not really that big and the bed was quite small. The carpet was a little dirty (not much but the odd threads etc, could be seen). Had asked for a room on a high floor and feather pillows in the room - however we had neither! They did send pillows when we asked though.

In the executive rooms you should get water and chocolates each day - but although there were some in the fridge when we arrived they did not refill the next day. Have never known this in a holiday inn before (not to replenish).

We were expecting it to be in a riverside situation - but although we must have been almost on top of it you could not see it at all. The swimming pool is just o.k. with a sauna and a steam room - but the jacuzzi was quite cold!

It would be convenient if you were going to see a match at Twickenham and Thorpe Park is very close. Overall the decor is quite dated and the bar was not relaxing at all which is a shame.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear angelomichel,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to read you found our pool and sauna commendable. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We are deeply sorry our hotel location, condition of room accommodations, staff and facilities did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. I hope that the next time you come through, you give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great pool, some lovely staff, reasonable breakfasts. Let down by the air conditioning, bath and some of the evening meals. Fish and chips were just right, steak and risotto poor. The room had an interconnecting door which, although locked, made the soundproofing between rooms inadequate. It was a very relaxing stay, and I'd stay again, but not dine there. No free wifi also disappointing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and would return to us despite a few minor issues. I have taken on board your points regarding food quality with our chef and I have asked him to investigate and ensure that we remain consistent with our food standards. Your other comments have been noted for further consideration and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Edgmond
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Well cannot believe I am writing this within a few hours of being in the hotel. Well on arrival, checked in, asked about the complimentary upgrade for platinum ambassador status. Receptionist said that executive room could not fit the extra beds in easily. When I asked about a suite, she said "that will cost £50 more". Sook, I booked for four, however took the original room. Room is very tired, bath has been re-done and looks really awful, toilet seat needs replacing and it wobbles. Hairs found around bath and sink area. Yet again, only two cups for four people. No water, I. The room. Priority club ambassador normally means something, but it appears here that there are no extra benefits. When a hotel, is by no means full, an upgrade should not need to cost. Tidy, clean rooms would be nice. More to follow no doubt, swimming pool and gym tommorow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jary8
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.

I’m sorry to read that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and found your room unsatisfactory. We are currently addressing the issues you have mentioned and we have completed an upgrade in several of the bathrooms in the Hotel. Your comments about the cleanliness I have discussed at length with our Housekeeping Manager and she wishes to be associated with my apologies. I am sorry to read that you found your platinum status to mean nothing – we take great pride in our Priority Club and this situation will be looked into further.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been few times on this hotel and this is the first time that I have to do a negative comment : in so cold period the air conditionated only makes notice. I was frozen in the bar and then rooms. It's not acceptable today. And the wifi system should be free.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Pepe P,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!