“My favourite little local”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Syon Cafe

Syon Cafe
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Isleworth
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: At Syon we believe in providing great quality food made from the freshest of ingredients and made specifically for your order. Our food is great value for money and all ingredients are high quality and locally sourced where possible. Our coffees, teas and hot chocolates are Award winning, with a little love in each cup.Open 7 days a week, come and enjoy our independant cafe, we have outdoor seating so you can really kick back and relax over an exceptional Italian coffee and delicious freshly made ciabatta or salad.Our friendly atmosphere will mean that you may arrive a stranger but you will leave a friend.
Tonyc32
“My favourite little local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I come here about once a fortnight with my dad. It's a really nice cafe and I can't think of another like it within miles.

The coffee and food are very good and the decor really nice.

• Visited September 2013

Ireland
“A great addition to Isleworth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Syon sells quality coffee and good food in a nice, stylish atmosphere. It has been a great addition to Isleworth and hopefully we'll see more from these guys - London needs more independent businesses like this.

The place is tiny, though, so be prepared to be asked to park your giant stroller and sit with your kid on your knee. That way, you wont need to get all upset and review the place on Tripadvisor and give it 1/5; that would be pointless.

Well done, Syon. Hope to see Syon II somewhere soon!

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Baby's unwelcome”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I only wanted to get a coffee to takeaway as I was in the middle of walking my baby for his nap. I entered the 'completely empty' coffee shop and was immediately told I wasn't allowed in with a buggy. Once I said I only wanted a takeaway, staff attitudes changed immediately. My main complaint was the abruptness - no politeness at all. And no attempt to explain why - i understand from a previous post you would have served me had i waited outside - but I wasnt told this. It is the only cafe I have entered with my son where I have been made to feel unwelcome. I wont be going back.

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Jayne D
Philippa H, Owner at Syon Cafe, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Babies are always welcome, there's even a child seat inside, however we can not accommodate buggy bases, see previous comments, this is not an unusual situation in small cafes and all of our regular Mum's who visit are sensible enough to see the obvious size constraints which mean that the buggy base has to remain outside, on the parking area which we duly hire from Hounslow Council. Alternatively we have a lovely al fresco area where we will do all that we can do to accommodate babies (and their Mums) without the baby having to leave the buggy
Datchet, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Despite previous negative reviews we went to the coffee shop this afternoon and found the staff really friendly and accommodating. Good selection of food but we decided to just have coffee & cakes. Delicious! The two members of staff could not do enough to make our visit welcome. Kieran was especially helpful. We were not rushed and had a delightful visit. If in the area again we would surely return (without a push chair). A child free zone is very rare these days ;-)

• Visited August 2013
Isleworth, United Kingdom
“Customer service second priority”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went here for lunch on a weekday with my newborn daughter asleep in her push chair, which I'd parked next to our table. When two customers came and sat on the table next to us, I was quickly and rather over firmly asked by a member of staff to move her outside the bounds marked by the cafe barriers, further on to the pavement and away from us. When I objected the staff member reluctantly moved the boundary barrier so we could still have her chair next to us, and not being in the path of other pedestrians. The frosty service continued after we had finished our food and paid, when the staff hovered by our table as though to say your time is up, please move on.

Food was average, neither peppers or chorizo were hot in a panini, but with a small local place my expectations of a warm welcome are the highest priority, sadly this hasn't been the case on the few occasions I've been here.

• Visited July 2013
7 Thank bigtreacle
Philippa H, Owner at Syon Cafe, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We have 4 small tables outside which on a warm day are extremely popular. Is it really poor service to ask you to move a pushchair from one side of your table, where it is blocking usage of a table for other people, to the other side, of your table? The distance away from you would have been equal, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Our staff are trained to clean tables down quickly, it's unfortunate if you felt they were hovering but this would be to clear the area not as you believe to convey that "your time is up". As we do value customer service, we wouldn't want anyone to have to sit at a dirty table, hence speed is of the essence in a clear down after customers have used a table.