“The sound of an airplane toilet flushing at 03:00, how novel!!!!”

YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Got no sleep! Toilet and shower drainage systems sound like airplane toilet flushing. Epic loud toilet flushes. When you take a shower, the drainage system does an "airplane" flush every minute! At 03:00, the sound of an airplane flush every minute, from a neighbour showering, is torture!

6  Thank nick_ideagrow

Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed overnight after travelling from the north for a mid morning flight. Room is ideal for it's purpose which is to provide a reasonably priced, on site place to sleep for travellers - it is not intended to be a 5* full service hotel experience (which previous reviewers seemed to think!)

I was travelling alone so chose the standard room which with it's large single bed in a pod with TV & semi open plan bathroom was more than adequate. The shower was modern & powerful. There was more than enough room for me to move around & stow my large suitcase & hand luggage. For 2 occupants it would be very cosy.

Only gripe would be that only one pillow was provided - but I could easily have asked reception for another.

Next morning, I had a nice lie in before taking the short train ride to T3. Definitely less hassle than a 3 hour drive at 5am!

I have another trip planned for June so will definitely be booking again

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank finestfur
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Perfect for an overnight layover. Place to sleep, shower, store your bags and freshen up. Beyond small, but fits the bill and the bed is big enough to fit a 6'3'' person. No door on the shower, but there is a shower. Plus it has a modern and contemporary feel, almost like you stepped into the future. Can't beat the price.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carlritz
Reviewed April 3, 2010

my boyfriend and i stayed here during an overnight layover, and went back for a nap when our early morning flight was cancelled. the staff was super friendly and the room was clean. they are tiny though- really tiny. we fit comfortably in the standard room but i'd probably recommend getting a larger room for 2. it was so nice to be able to shower and relax in the Yotel while waiting for our flights- and we saved a ton by not having to leave the airport.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juliette B
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed here during a 15 hour layover between long haul flights and I have to say it was a refreshing little piece of heaven after having spent half a day on a plane. I pre-booked a standard room online before I arrived. Getting there was easy - I took the shuttle from terminal 5 to terminal 4, cleared customs, went up the escalator on the left and there it was. A very nice man helped me check-in at the automated check-in, pointed me in the direction of my cabin (29) and away I went. I know I shouldn't have been but I was surprised by exactly HOW tiny the rooms are! I have absolutely no idea how anyone would substantial luggage would fit in here but I only had a purse and laptop bag so everything fit easily with room to move around. I would NOT recommend a standard room for more than one person. I honestly don't know how two people would fit and it could get extremely uncomfortable if anyone had bowel issues as there is no door to the toilet and the room is extremely small!

The rooms are spotlessly clean and modern and everything is strategically placed for maximum space efficiency. I loved the hot rainfall shower, the free fast wifi, the EXTREMELY comfy bed and bedding and the accessibility of the outlets and the light switches and the temperature control gauge. I had read online that it can be noisy here (hear toilets flushing, hall noise, etc) but I didn't find it noisy at all. I didn't even need the recommended earplugs and I'm typically a light sleeper.

I would absolutely stay here again on another layover. It's fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank kenyanbushbarbie
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I had a standard room for six hours on a Saturday afternoon, as part of a 12-hour layover at Heathrow. My flight from Dublin arrived at Terminal 3, and my flight to Singapore also left there. The free train between Heathrow Central and Terminal 4, while not as frequent as I would have expected, made it easy to get to the Yotel.

The room itself was, of course, small. Really small. But I knew that when I booked. The bed was surprisingly big (certainly very, very comfortable for one). I had a large suitcase, and a smaller cabin case. While I was in the bed I stored the suitcase in the bathroom, and when I showered I put it beside the bed.

The room was excellent for what I wanted. Other reviews I had read, prior to booking, referred to excessive noise. The only noise I heard was a trolley going by in the corridor. Yes, I could hear it every time it went by, but I don't think it was that terrible.

I didn't actually sleep during my stay (it was the middle of the day, in the timezone I'd been in for a week), but did lie down to rest.

I also made use of the included wifi, which was very, very fast. I was able to remotely access my computer back home (VNC via an SSH tunnel), while downloading several large files.

I have no complaints about the Yotel. If I ever have a long stay at Heathrow again, I will be back. Given my hatred for Heathrow, though, I can't imagine that I'll ever allow for such a big stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2010

The concept and comfort are great, a place to stay in an airport at good value. The space is perfectly fine, just like a largish train cabin with bathroom and shower. The bed is comfortable and the place is very clean. The problem comes when you are trying to sleep, Yotel uses vacuum/pump toilets and when someone, anywhere flushes you will know about it. I woke up startled with loud noise in the night and this continued throughout. Even with the earplugs provided the bed shook and vibrated at every flush. Hardly relaxing. Perhaps I was in a bed cabin, perhaps I wasn't so thoroughly exhausted that I would have slept through a plane landing on my head but because of this I probably will never stay again. What a shame this is, otherwise it would be a great choice!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business