“A great little pod hotel right in the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
London, UK
“A great little pod hotel right in the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

The Yotel is a Japanese style pod hotel located in LHR's terminal 4. I spent a night there before flying to Chicago as I didn't want an early morning trek across London to the airport.

I had a standard room for 1 person. It is VERY small but exactly what I expected. The bed was super-comfy and the bathroom was nice. You may have some trouble if you have a large suitcase. It was difficult for me to open mine fully - again I expected this.

The service at the hotel is fine and again what I expected. The staff were nice and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel if you have an early morning flight or if you need place to crash for a few hours during a layover.

Breakfast was rather expensive and I wasn't overly impressed. I had two burned mini croissants and a cap of filter coffee. Not great. Other than that, a great place to stay. Also, wonder around the airport at night. It's kinda spooky going from empty terminal to empty terminal but I saw the airport in a whole new night.

Will use again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank phunkymatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

Coming in from a long haul flight with 2 little ones--including a weeks old baby--and anticipating the next 10 hour leg of our flight onwards, this little spot was excellent. The purple lighting was a bit freaky, and we couldnt manage 2 kids + 2 adults in the wacky bed that popped out of the wall, but it gave us all space to take a shower, change clothes, comfortably feed and change the baby. The bedlinens were very nice quality by the way. Adults took turns with kids and spent some time in the nearby terminal--not much there but a publike restaurant, wasnt the best but better prices than the small yotel menu. would recommend to anyone needing a day room right in ther terminal adn not wanting to spend a ton.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank going-somewhere-good
Tanzania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

I stayed at Yotel Heathrow as I had a 6.30a.m. flight and a friend recommended it.
It could have gone horribly wrong, I booked on the internet and made a mistake in the date of the night I booked! However, the guy on the front desk was very helpful, made a few calls and managed to sort it out - a big plus if you stay at as many hotels as I do where the staff often do not seem to care about the customer.
The room itself was fun - just as descibed - not big but incredibly well put together with a very comfy bed, 'rain head' shower, and TV.
Brilliant for one, and (probably ) cosy for two.
Price was a big plus - booking a set amount of time saves money and I guess my stay was less than half the cost of other adjacent hotels.
Will definately use again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2009

I was waiting for my night flight hence I wanted to sleep in Heathrow. Went to Terminal 4 and had no problems finding it by following all the signs. Beware that you cannot book and pay for the hotel in cash, only by credit card. You are supposed to check in youself at the self-machines however the staff kindly checked in personally for me.

When I requested to book a room for 7 hours, only 4 hours were available so I took it nonetheless. Later, the staff actually went to my room and said that the room was available for a longer duration as there was a cancellation. I declined however and thought that the 17 ( or was it 29) pounds or so I paid for a few hours was reasonable.

Here comes the unique part of the hotel: Its rooms are miniscule which I'm sure is the pod hotel's selling point for a place to sleep and shower in. Its concept is akin to the Japanese capsule hotels with at least an ensuite bathroom. My single room was comfortable with seductive purple (or white) lighting, perfect temperature with a comfy pillow, bed and TV. The shower was strong and hot with seaweed gel provided. The room was perfect for a party of one with luggage.

The free wi-fi was a bonus, if only I had my PDA phone with me and the TV had great channels. Did not need to request for the ear-plugs or alarm clocks. I could not even hear any other guests.

In a nutshell, a cool little hotel experience, perfect for a stopover. At least, you can say how you have experienced what the Japanese have, sleeping in a almost capsule-like hotel..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
8 Thank kaputnik
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

Cabin is compact and well designed for a short stay. Had a good nights sleep. Not good if you are claustophobic though!
Check in was messy and the machine was not working properly so a member of staff who was very polite checked me in.
My main concern was the security at this hotel regarding payments, I have had a problem with my card since using it here.
Wouldn't stay again

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Takoma Park, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

No one should stay in this hotel. It is cramped and unfit for human habitation. I have never left a hotel room before the end of a planned stay, especially when I had prepaid for the room; but this was beyond redemption.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank nbuchana
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

On our second trip to the hotel we stayed in the standard room. The bed is a large single and there really is very little room around it in order to stand or organise your cases. We had to sit on the bed and sort our cases prior to locking them and standing them next to the it overnight. The shower has a glass screen but then continues into the sink and toilet which a normal shower curtain is supplied for so you can pull it across for some privacy. If however you are uncomfortable about showering or toileting in front of the person you are sharing with then this room really is not for you. If you are travelling alone or with a partner then it is adequate if all you need to do is sleep and you are willing to be a little cramped!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!