“Great Stay for a Short Time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great Stay for a Short Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I would strongly recommend Yotel London Heathrow. It is clean and convenient. I arrived from the US at night and my next flight left early the following morning, so Yotel provided that I could get sleep and a shower without wasting time and money leaving the hotel property. The staff was extremely courteous too. I think all airports should have a Yotel. It makes so much sense.

Room Tip: I got the premium room and it is tight for one person, but able to work for two people for a short a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YotelHQ, Sales and Marketing Executive at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are so happy that you appreciated the YOTEL crew service and enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that the positive feedback gets back to our Heathrow team.

I am pleased to inform you that we also have Airport hotels at London Gatwick airport and at Amsterdam Schiphol airport. In the future we do hope that you will be able to find us in every major airport.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

In 1972 I saw a hotel in the Frankfurt airport where one could take a shower and sleep etc. during a long layover which I remembered. After my arrival at Heathrow before picking up a car for a month long drive through the countryside last year I was in no shape to meet the challenge after my overnight US flight. And I had scored all three seats going over.

It had been thirty years exactly since I'd driven in England and I figured life had changed. Had it ever. YOTEL was the answer to all my dreams right in the airport proper.

I paid for the exact number of hours I needed to sleep. The female attendants helped me with my luggage and showed me to a prefab room not unlike what one might find in a Tokyo businessman's hotel.

As white as a cloud the double bed beckoned. Set up high like a railroad car sleeper compartment it was replete with flat screen TV. There might have been magazines too. Opposite was a curtained toilet, shower,sink and mirror plus luggage space. They even gave me a preset alarm clock to keep me on course.

I had only one complaint which the girls actively encouraged me to relate to management...there was only one bedlength step up to a very narrow tread with to a too high riser... then the bed. I have long legs and any sleepyhead could get injured on the way down.
You know that funny feeling when the step feels like it isn't there. Guess what? It ain't... at least not where you thought you left it.

Besides being very accommodating these kids made me the best cappacino I had that whole month.

Room Tip: Just choose the right size bed. You can just pop in and catch as catch can. It's easy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your resent stay with us.

Sounds like you really appreciate our concept and amenities, and that it was a perfect fit for your short layover at Heathrow.

For future reference, the Premium cabin (with a double bed) is larger than the Standard cabin you stayed in, it has extra luggage storage underneath the bed where you can store all larger pieces of baggage away.

We hope to welcome you back soon, either to one of our airport locations or if you get the chance to our first ever city centre hotel in New York!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here during a long stopover and were very happy with the experience. The cabins are clean and comfortable and are very quiet. Yiorgos, the general manager, was at the front desk when we arrived and he was excellent in all respects. Really good service from him and his team, a nice suprise and very welcome after a long and tiring journey, so thanks guys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here during a 15 hour layover. Having a nice bed to sleep in and a hot shower between two long haul flights was perfect, and the location was literally right outside of baggage claim in terminal 4, where I had arrived. The rooms are cozy (read: tiny) but so well laid out that you realize you do not need that much space. Everything was neat, clean and comfortable. Check in was easy (though they don't take cash, and I had changed my money specifically to GBP to use at Yotel). Staff was helpful and professional and can provide alarm clocks, hair dryers etc for borrow. My room was quiet and dark letting me sleep well. I did think it was a fair amount of money for such a small room, but to be honest I am not sure what the prices of other hotels in the area were, so I can't compare. Overall I would highly recommend this place for it's convenience and comfort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had a 7 am check in and travelling from Cambridge, did not fancy running the risk of being late. I did not have the use of a car so it was either a taxi or a 4 am train. Once I found out about Yotel I was able to get a late coach, book in at midnight, have a good nights sleep, quick shower, then a short walk to check in.
This was not only really convenient but actually worked out as the cheapest option too. Free coffee helps too and was offered one to take with me. Will definitely do it again.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I think I might be slightly in love with the Yotel at Heathrow Airport.

Recently I had an early flight out of Heathrow, so I decided to stay at the airport the night before. I was searching for your typical Holiday Inn Express or other bland (and over-priced) airport hotel when I came across Yotel, which conveniently was located IN Terminal 4, meaning I could fall out of bed the morning of my flight and stumble down one floor to the check-in desks. I have to thank another TripAdvisor reviewer for mentioning in his review that if you book Yotel on their mobile site (i.e. on your smart phone) and pay using PayPal, you get 20% off the advertised rate, making it an even better deal than it already is.

I found the Yotel a bit difficult to find, tucked upstairs on a mezzanine level in Terminal 4, around the corner from a pub/restaurant. This was fine for me, but I wonder how many long layover passengers would love to book into a place like this, but know nothing of it...? It's definitely not something you'd happen to walk by. Check-in took all of 30 seconds, and I was shown to my room/pod, one of their smaller, standard rooms, which I think was number 18.

It was quite small—I was a bit taken aback when I saw how small it was. You walked down two steps and through the door, and you were standing in the only "free" space in the room, directly in front of the collapsable table and mirror, with the bed to the right and the wet room to the left. The bed was a sort of bunk that you climbed into, with the TV inside it on the end wall. There was plenty of shelves and surface space to put things, as well as plugs and wi-fi, and the bathroom had the THE most amazing shower I've ever experienced in my life. Seriously, I took an extra one just to make the most of it. I also appreciated how the towel provided was large and fluffy, and there was a gorgeous smelling shower gel/shampoo provided, and the bed linens felt very soft and the bed itself was extremely comfortable. In other words, it's basic, but it's luxury basic, if that makes any sense. As in, you only get one towel, yes, but that towel is large and fluffy.

Food can also be delivered to your room and there is free tea/coffee provided, but I just went down to the Departures level and got food there to bring back to my room instead.

My only concern would be the size of a room. For me, it was just enough. I wouldn't, however, recommend that two people book into this size standard room, unless it's for a very short space of time and you know each other VERY well, because there's zero privacy. (The toilet, for all intents and purposes, is IN the room.) Also if you have a lot of luggage, there's no where to put it. I think even if it's just me for my next stayover at Heathrow, I'd opt for the bigger room, which I was looking at longingly through the windows as I walked to my tiny one.

All in all, the Yotel is a fantastic place to spend the night before an early flight or the long hours of a layover. It has everything you need and at a price that won't break the bank. Just remember that whatever you do while you're there, make sure to take a shower!

Room Tip: Unless you're on a budget or only booking in for an hour or two, I'd opt for the bigger room...
2 Thank catherineh1982
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

You pay for the location (not the room size) which is excellent. Can't get better. Swift check-in and check-out. And to the airline check-in within minutes. Other hotels "near Heathrow" either means you have to get up at least 30-45 min earlier. And in many cases, you need to take the "Hoppa" bus which costs another GBP 4.50 (one way) So add the time and price of the bus in, and this is a good deal.

Rooms are tiny. The pictures on the website were probably taken on Day 1. The actuals are tired looking - the padding was coming off in my cabin in 3 places. Bed is comfortable and good night sleep. You can hear other people in the hallway though which isn't great. The sombre purple night light is great to wake up to.

As per other reviewers, don't keep your suitcase on the floor near the entrance of the shower.

Don't understand why Yotel doesn't just get longer shower curtains to solve this problem?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sanjaysethi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!