“Great place for a quick turn”

YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I couldn't check into my apartment early so I decided to stay at the Yotel for a night and it turned out to be one of the best night's sleep ever! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I ended up there very early and very tired. They were happy to check availability and move me in early. The room was very quiet and comfortable. Very small but that was expected. The whole concept was quite fun. I loved the purple lighting in the compartment. I felt like I was staying on the ship to Fhloston Paradise. A fun and funky start to my visit to London. A great place to put your feet up for a few hours, or lay your head for the night. I will certainly visit this place again. Free tea or coffee when you get there, Wi-fi, telly, and a nice restaurant nearby. There is a also a computer center just outside the lobby, you can use the pc or printer if needed but have some change with you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank PixieTwaddle
Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I'll start this by saying I am six feet tall and weigh in north of 250. I travel with a small carry on bag and a small backpack. When I booked the room I put in something in the comment area asking for a quiet room far from the entrance, based on the reviews here.

I got room 32, which is the highest number, and on the back hallway, but not at the very end. This matters because my room was down two steps and you hear each person wheeling bags down the hallway. Other than that it was pretty quiet but if you had noisy next door neighbors would not be so quiet. You also hear other toilets flushing. I have a white noise generator and I used it. Mostly I found this to be pretty peaceful, and you can just drop down a flight of stairs to the arrivals hall if you want to get some food (at least till 11 or so).

I booked the smallest sized room to see what it would be like. The bed was in a nook and I could not stand on it, but would not bang my head when sitting on it. Which is necessary as you have little other room. There was a small fold out table which I used for some of my stuff and my laptop. WiFi was excellent. The shower was tiny but awesome water output. Of course it gets the bathroom floor wet - would be nice if they gave you a mat to keep from tracking it. I had to juggle my bags a bit but I'm pretty organized when I travel - it's a bit like "stuff discipline" you have when you sleep in a tent.

So I was a happy camper, even in the tiny room, and as all I wanted was to get a few good hours of prone sleeping, was sort of glad for the minimalist environment.

One word of warning. I was going from T3 to T4 and I knew I had to take the Heathrow Express or Connect train. When I took the elevator down, the train was there, the doors where chiming closing, and I just leaped on, and felt great for catching the train. Until the conductor came to collect tickets. I said "I'm just going to T4" and he said "No, you're going to Paddigton". Fortunately its a fast non-stop train, they did not charge me, and the return train was on the opposite track when I got in, so it cost me only 1/2 hour but I felt the fool for not reading the destination display!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mojave_ben
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed one night at the Yotel, arriving very late and leaving very early in the morning. Didn't rate the reception very highly. Information given was very sparse and not clear. Had to ask about everything and the info provided was not great. I was told there was internet and there wasn't. I asked if I could have some water and was told there would be a glass at the room and I could take the tap water as it is suitable for drinking. But there was no glass in the 'room'. The single room is tiny and wouldn't be suitable if you have a large suitcase. For people with restricted mobility it's also complicated as the corridors are small, the bed is quite high from the floor (there is a fold up step you use to climb up) and the toilet/shower area is narrow. I couldn't open the plug of the sink as the little pin you press behind the handle was not there. There was also no mobile signal (room 25). The bed was not bad but it was quite hot inside and I have quite a restless sleep. However, for convenience and if you have very early flights or need to spend few hours at the airport, then might be a suitable option. But if you need to spend one night, I think it is worth paying the extra pounds for a proper hotel in the Heathrow free travel zone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had about 10 hours to kill at Heathrow between 2 overnight flights and we can't sleep on planes. We had a couple of glasses of wine at the bar/restaurant that's adjacent & then settled in at Yotel for about 5 hours. It was quiet & comfortable & worth every penny we paid to stay and relax there. We'll happily stay there again if future travel brings us similiar circumstances.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CINTraveler
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Very comfortable Our stay was nice but had to ask about how to control air-conditioning and their hot drink machine was out of order in the morning when I really needed coffee! Otherwise the stay was really great, since our alternative was 18 hours overnight at Heathrow. TV worked good, Internet, baggage storage, and shower was great! Be sure to tell them to use credit card in local currency. Exchange rate is horrible.

Room Tip: Ask about controlling the air-conditioning.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean A
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here prior to a morning flight. It was very convenient with restaurant closeby for late supper. The room is small as clearly stated on website but adequate - we were able to stow the luggage under the bed for the night. It was great to not worry about the hassle of airport shuttle bus in the morning. I am a somewhat light sleeper but did not find that my sleep was disturbed by noise. The room/ shower were clean but the carpet seemed a bit dirty. I was glad to wear socks on the carpet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank naomi-wisteria
Reviewed June 8, 2012

great idea hotel in the airport room was nice and compact and came with free wi fi flat screen tv and uk and european plug sockets for charging mobiles laptops etc best of all t4 check in was only 2 mins walk away and staying there the night before meant no hassle of trying to beat london traffic jams and the risk of missing your flight would recommend yotel to everyone

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo