I stayed in the Heathrow Yotel after a long haul flight and I was really glad that I booked to stay there. The location is fantastic, the bed was so comfortable, the room was lovely and quiet and the showerswas great. The only problem that I had was that the Yotel was made out to be a very futuristic concept (great decor - looked like it was off some sci-fi movie) but the technology didn't work so well.
On checking in, the first computer pod didn't work and then the second wouldn't print my room card, however the lady at the desk soon sorted this out. I was in a Premium Room, where the double bed folds out at the touch of a button. The bed folded out (after pressing it a few times) but would not fold back. This posed a lot of problems for me as the rooms are made as compact as possible. I couldn't lay my large suitcase down to get what items I needed as there was no room, and I could not use the desk as the bed was right against it. I tried phoning the front desk to ask for help however the phone would not work! After going up to the front desk, the lady said she would reboot the room. On returning, the bed still would not retract (and the phone wasn't working) so instead of making my way all the way back to reception as my time was limited, I just resigned myself to the fact that I would have to stick my hand through the zipper of my suitcase and search blindly for what I needed.
Also, the corridors are pretty grubby and need to be painted, but otherwise the rooms are spotless.
So great experience in the main, I just wish the technology didn't let me down so badly.
My advice would be to go for a cheaper room with a single bed - that way you won't have to deal with the folding bed technology.
Also, they claim that their hairdryers are fantastic in the brochure but as a woman, I can tell you they are not! Better than most hotels, but still below par and blow just above a whisper (just something that was niggling at me! )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOTELAIR London Heathrow is inside Terminal 4 (landside), located moments away from arrivals, departures, Heathrow Express and underground stations. There are two types of cabins - standard (large single) and premium (double) - both equipped with en-suite bathrooms, free WiFi and a flat screen TV (free-view channels). Also free hot beverages available at Mission Control. Services available include 24-hour food and drink delivered to your cabin in 15 minutes. The best thing - you can book just a few hours or overnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yotel London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hounslow
- Yotel London Heathrow Airport Hounslow