“Futuristic sleep pods, without the futuristic technology!”

YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed in the Heathrow Yotel after a long haul flight and I was really glad that I booked to stay there. The location is fantastic, the bed was so comfortable, the room was lovely and quiet and the showerswas great. The only problem that I had was that the Yotel was made out to be a very futuristic concept (great decor - looked like it was off some sci-fi movie) but the technology didn't work so well.

On checking in, the first computer pod didn't work and then the second wouldn't print my room card, however the lady at the desk soon sorted this out. I was in a Premium Room, where the double bed folds out at the touch of a button. The bed folded out (after pressing it a few times) but would not fold back. This posed a lot of problems for me as the rooms are made as compact as possible. I couldn't lay my large suitcase down to get what items I needed as there was no room, and I could not use the desk as the bed was right against it. I tried phoning the front desk to ask for help however the phone would not work! After going up to the front desk, the lady said she would reboot the room. On returning, the bed still would not retract (and the phone wasn't working) so instead of making my way all the way back to reception as my time was limited, I just resigned myself to the fact that I would have to stick my hand through the zipper of my suitcase and search blindly for what I needed.

Also, the corridors are pretty grubby and need to be painted, but otherwise the rooms are spotless.

So great experience in the main, I just wish the technology didn't let me down so badly.

My advice would be to go for a cheaper room with a single bed - that way you won't have to deal with the folding bed technology.

Also, they claim that their hairdryers are fantastic in the brochure but as a woman, I can tell you they are not! Better than most hotels, but still below par and blow just above a whisper (just something that was niggling at me! )

Room Tip: Go for an economy room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelgalLondon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed here for 4 hours after a long haul trip from Oz. It was a great place to refresh, lie down and take some time out. The shower was fantastic and we found the room to be big enough for us.

I would recommend booking earlier as we had 2 wait 30mins to get a room.

All in all definitely worth it :o)

Room Tip: Book before you arrive
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lasagneAustralia
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Yotel is not the place to choose if you want a spacious room, in-house restaurant or facilities but for convenience and value-for-money it's unbeatable.

I stayed in a "standard" capsule that came with en-suite shower/toilet unit, single-bed, fold-out table and chair and free WiFi.

The staff are friendly and helpful, there's a room service menu and for a 12-hour stay turned out to be a relatively pleasant experience!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We had a 18 hour lay over in london...after looking around, we decided the Yotel was our place. Has an odd futuristic feel that we both really liked. room was small...but big enough for both of us. the room was clean, and the bed was mostly comfortable...felt like the mattress could have been a bit more comfortable..but considering how it was crammed in there..it was good. Beyond the pod-hotel aspect of this..the location was just what we needed. We were able to take the heathrow connect in to paddington and see the city a bit and then head back to the airport for a good nights sleep. the next morning...no rushing to get to the airport on time...just rolled out of bed and BAM! we were there and through security. Definitely not a luxurious stay...but very functional, and good value. would recommend for anybody who has some time to kill in london.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thomaskash
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I love Yotel and have found my stays over the years at Heathrow, Gatwick and Amsterdaam consistently excellent value for money. I have never once been disappointed -- to the contrary, I think every airport should have a Yotel. It's such a great alternative to either an off-premises hotel room and to those awful airport lounger chairs. My husband and I are planning a stay at Yotel in Gatwick during long lay-over coming back from holiday later this month & we've noticed the prices seem to have increased. No bother-- we'll try a standard rather than premium cabin. We'll see if room size matters too much when in a hugely convenient, purpose-driven room with a lovely shower, incredibly comfy bed and pillows and a staff of personnel that never fail in efficiency or courtesy. Oh, a word about the meals--even though they'll mostly come in wee boxes, don't expect bland, yucky food. Last time we had a Thai chicken dish and it was a lot better than we thought it would be and, again, priced fairly. Whoever came up with the Yotel concept is my personal hero. Thank you for giving us weary travellers a decent alterntive at long last.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank yesitsawonderfullife
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Spent a night here at Heathrow due to missed flight. Unexpected surprise and one of the best night's sleep ever. Fantastic value and all within a minute of check in desk, cheap at the price compared to hilton and others and all the convenience of location location!!. Will definately stay here again if need to do so in area. I could not fault it other than being too tired to fully appreciate how good the service was, the cleanliness of the rooms with all those added features. Hope they expand to other airports !

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Penfroman
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Location: excellent location in Terminal 4. There's a pub across and the usual shops in the terminal.

Check-in: the check-in kiosks were not working but check-in was still very fast.

Room: I had a standard cabin (number 8) and the cabins are tiny. I could sit on the edge of the bed and my feet would be in the bathroom area... I had two suitcases and there is no room for storage in the standard cabins. I did manage to squeeze in both the suitcases and myself. The bed was comfortable enough to sit and watch TV in but it's very firm to sleep in (as are many UK hotel beds). The bathroom was tiny and the entire floor gets soaked when you have a shower (as it's a wet room rather than a bathroom). The shower has sufficient pressure though.
The wifi worked without any problems.

Breakfast: N/A as there was no free breakfast.

Over all: I paid £71 for my over night stay and it's expensive for what you get. However, it is very convenient to stay inside the airport terminal rather than having to endure overpriced Hoppa transfers from other airport hotels.
The room/cabin is small! I'd estimate that the floor space in my cabin is about four square meters.
There were problems with the key cards and the galley attendants were not able to provide key cards to guests but they had to unlock the door every time I'd left my cabin. I'm sure this was just a temporary glitch but it was nevertheless somewhat annoying.
My 'recommend to a friend' below is if the price is right. I would not pay in excess of £50 for staying here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business