Sofitel London Heathrow
$77
Agoda.com
$153
Travelocity
Travelodge London Hounslow(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
$41
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Heathrow Central(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
$35
Travelodge
12,397 results
All reviewsvivre restaurantsuperior rooman early flightthe club loungeshort walkroom servicebritish airwaysexcellent hotelan upgradenext morningeasy accesscomfortable roomsbetween flightslondon heathrowan overnight staynight's sleepcovered walkway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2011

At first we thought this hotel was was great, then........ we found out that our debit card was charged $350 when we checked in at 11pm - January 7th and then they turned around and charged us the following morning $200 for the room. We discovered this when I checked our bank account online 5 days later! I called and spoke to the accounts department and they gave us the run around and said it was our banks fault! Then she admitted they have to deal with this problems and call banks to sort it all the time! Well, sounds like it's SOFITEL's fault! Our bank sorted it out and told us that it was Sofitel's fault. We believe our bank.

Another irritating things happened to us, too. We booked our room with breakfast included nearly one year earlier and the guy at reception told us our rate didn't include breakfast. He was annoyed when we pulled out our confirmation printed from the website!! He took a copy of it for his manager and asked us to call down in the morning to verify it. Complete lack of customer service skills! He called 30 minutes after we checked in to say that we would receive breakfast. Thanks alot!! We reserved the room on their website and they tried to say our rate didn't include breakfast. Poor, poor customer service skills.

The restaurant staff were very nice, the hotel is beautiful and clean. We had a good nights sleep - which is more than I can say for their poor relative, Novotel Heathrow the month before (see our review). But, this experience has put us off Accor completely. We'll stick with Marriott and Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ML36DR
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I regularly stay here before flights from Heathrow. The hotel is only one of two with direct access to all terminals (the other being the Hilton T4). From the Sofitel T5, one can walk to T5 via covered walkway (about 3mins) or take the train(s) to T1/T3/T4. The hotel is very modern, is consistently clean and well presented, and the staff are excellent. Room service is, as usually the case in hotels, very costly, but service prompt and food of a good quality. Rooms are well laid out and have all the amenities one would expect of a 5 star hotel. Some rooms have internal views of the courtyard which is not great, but acceptable for an airport hotel. As an A|Club Gold member, I usually receive an upgrade to a Superior room when booking a Classic room, which is slightly bigger and has bathrobes (no significant difference really and not worth the money if you were paying for it). Overall a fantastic hotel that cannot be beaten at Heathrow, with some excellent value for money rates if booked in advance.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Genius12
Reviewed January 11, 2011

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed one night here, the hotel is very good quality, everything is new and clean. Our room was fairly spacious, had a nice bathroom, comfortable bed and everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. The only downside was that the view from our room was into the inside of the hotel, looking out on a corridor and atrium - kind of weird but didn't really matter as we were only there for one night in transit. We ate breakfast (not included in room rate) at the hotel and it was one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I've had, top quality food and a great selection. The hotel is literally right by terminal 5 so is incredibly handy to the airport. Service was good although we did have a bit of mucking around before we could get someone to let us into the business centre. We ate dinner at the french restaurant and the food was really good but quite pricey.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Checked in on Christmas Eve 2010 for a next day flight back to the US. Before leaving central London to check into the Sofitel I had bought some groceries thinking everything would be closed in the terminal and hotel. But M&S simply food in T5 was open until midnite and opening up at 5 a.m on Christmas day. The hotel's bar, restaurant, & gift shop were open as well (regular hours for the most part). The whole place is very modern and "efficient". I liked it! Bed was comfy, TV worked great, the AC/heating unit was easy to operate and the bath was excellent as well. I was very glad that the small fridge only had a couple of bottles of water so I could fit my wine, cheese, yogurt, salad etc I had purchased to tide me over. Tea svc in the room which was a nice touch too. Extremely comfortable leather chair in the room that reclined, loved that too. Only wish wifi had been included, it was 6GBP for an hour and 15 GBP for 24 hours. Very glad I chose this hotel for my next day flight out of Heathrow. Also, the rooms must be soundproof, because it was one of the quietest hotels I've EVER stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo