This beautiful hotel is stunningly, comfortable and calming and a wonderful contrast to the busy London life especially in preparation for a long haul flight, short break or just a little holiday. Having arrived very stressed after selling and leaving our much loved house in Richmond after 16 years and in transit to Sydney we found a 5 star oasis of tranquility greeting us after the rush and bustle of the city. Indeed I recommend this hotel any time as a weekend holiday without ever leaving Heathrow as it is the ultimate in modern zen like design, completely soundproof from the time you leave the airport shopping area and walk down the amazing dream like corridor and arrive at reception with its beautiful foyer - even sitting facing the huge glass array of waterfall, flowers and tropical plants is a meditation in itself and so the escape begins.
We stayed five days from Thursday to Monday In May and found the staff extremely charming and helpful. We were allotted a beautiful room and indeed my husband returned a month later for a long weekend before returning to work and again received the same first class service. It is also easy to go back and forth from the Sofitel to central London on the fast train or on the Piccadilly Line. Sofitel restaurants are always excellent but the Brasserie Roux at this hotel at the rear of the room where we enjoyed a wonderful dinner opposite a tall glass container of flowing water surrounded by tropical flowers and relaxing music was a meditative experience in itself. The cafe restaurant Vivre is also to be recommended and good value. This review is long overdue but our stay at the Sofitel Heathrow was a much needed experience after the difficult transition of moving house and country and I can totally recommend a stay here at any time. It is a holiday in itself and we will defintely return when next we are returning to Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel