The location cannot be beat if you need access to Terminal 5, which is the British Airways terminal. We had an early flight, so chose this hotel based on 1) location & 2) reviews. It did not disappoint. Our colleague had to catch a train also out of Terminal 5, so it worked out to be very convenient for both parties. The hotel is connected by walkways to the terminal, so you don't even go outside to get to the airport, which was nice since it was cold.
The rooms were lovely with leather chair and super comfortable bed. The bath was very nice with excellent shower and water pressure. All were as pictured in the online information.
If I had to complain about anything it would have to be the scratchy bathrobes, but that is it!
It was odd that the hotel did seem quite empty -- of course maybe everyone comes here just to sleep before, after, or between flights.
Dining on-site was expensive as expected, so we took a 15 EUR fixed cab ride to The Ostrich House -- highly recommended!
All in all, expensive hotel, but very nice rooms and location could not have been better for our situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel