“A beautiful luxurious hotel but VERY pricey”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 25, 2010

This hotel is beautiful. It is clean and modern with a warm atmosphere. I felt it was an oasis of calm and even has a beautfiul softly lit Zen Garden.
We stayed for the night before going on holiday and really enjoyed our time here. If you are travelling from terminal 5 this hotel is wonderful as you park at the hotel on terminal and walk through a covered tunnel for less than 5 minutes to reach the terminal itself. This is obviously very useful.
Bedrooms are fairly large and very confortable and the staff we met were welcoming and professional. I would recommend this hotel but two small points:
Firstly everything is expensive, drinks at the bar were about £5.50 and dinner and breakfast are also very expensive. It is worth it for a special trip but it does cost alot to stay here in the first place by the time you have paid all the extras your bill may be more than you think (even for a 5 star!)
Secondly I wouldn't recommend this hotel to people travelling with children, this hotel is modern and works hard at being trendy as well as classy but the whole vibe is an adult one.The bars and restuarant are all set up for adults only and all amenities and facilities are aimed at adults, there is nothing to entertain children here and I didn't feel that I could bring children with me to this hotel. This is just my opinion but I honestly don't think this is equipped for family , it's much better for couples and groups.
Overall though if you can afford the rooms and the extras as well as your main holiday, a room here is worth it for the start of a great holiday.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (12,190)

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed at the Sofitel twice in July. Could'nt be better,very handy for all terminals. But the Roux Restaurant was like dining in a railway station . Breakfast in the restaurant was very average and not worth the price paid.
Try Carluccios in terminal 5

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Due to an unfortunate mishap I had to come down to Heathrow the day before I was due to fly to Atlanta and managed to get this hotel for a pretty reasonable rate including breakfast and interned.

Getting to the terminal 5 was a 5 minute train ride on the Heathrow Express which was fortunately free of cost between terminals from there on it was only a 10 min walk to the Sofitel.

Check in was a quick and easy even though the hotel seemed constantly busy. The reception staff was nice and friendly.

The room was very nice in comparison to the rest of the hotels in Heathrow which badly need a good amount of work. Our room had a king size double bed, desk, lounge chair with a table and the TV on top of a check of drawers, surprisingly this hotel didn't have Sky Sports in your room and on top of that the mini bar only comprised of a two bottles of water.

I found that the night staff was exceptionally well trained, they were exceptionally polite and concierge Yussf was kind enough to make necessary arrangements for me and my wife to go into Windsor first thing in the morning as our flight was later in the afternoon. It was just the right suggestion as it was only a few min ride from the hotel and suggested the perfect restaurant for brunch.

I enjoyed this hotel so much that I've booked up to return in a couple of weeks prior to going overseas again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kmcalaster
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Check in was a bit lengthy but just because the gentleman did an awesome job to allocate us to the best available rooms, explain the facilities, help with luggage and give directions. The room was of fabulous quality, very modern but still cosy and luxerious. Everything was working and spotless clean. We woke up from the diming lights that adjust to the ouside sunlight (if you want) - very pleasant slow "wake up call". Breakfast was adequate for a five star property but staff at this occasion not too attentative.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stayed one night after a flight from Europe and before a long haul flight to Hong Kong. If you are arriving at or leaving from T5 this hotel is perfect. As this was my first visit to the new T5 LHR I would have appreciated more strategic signage to the hotel, but once located it was a pleasant 5 minute walk. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The room was perfect for my purpose of a one night stay. While looking into an atrium I could also see the airport and parked planes. However, while inside the hotel there was absolutely no airport noise. The room could be blacked out. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom pristine and well equipped.

The food at Vivre was excellent - much to my surprise! and the service was very good. The buffet breakfast (included in my rate) was ok - wouldn't rave, but it did the job. I was able to buy a couple of extra hours late checkout. The location, convenience, and standard of the hotel was perfect for the purpose I needed and I could thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Stayed here a few weeks ago and it was far superior to the Heathrow Hilton (which was nice enough but if you can get this for the same money, skip the points....). Outstanding rooms, outstanding food, walk right into the terminal onto your plane. As a business traveler you cannot ask for more from an airport hote.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ronneedham
Reviewed July 13, 2010

With a late flight in and an early morning flight out of terminal 5, this is the only place you would want to stay!! A few minutes walk (max 5) from the arrival area, and you are in the hotel reception. The reception staff was friendly and efficient.

Traveling with two teenagers, we needed two rooms. Had asked for connecting rooms when I booked, which we got. Payed ca GBP 200 (USD 300) in total for the two rooms. (Not including breakfast).

The rooms were clean and large, and it was so quiet.

We picked up some drinks and snack at the Marks&Spencer shop on the way from the arrival area to the hotel, so that we didn't have to pay minibar prices. Good thing we did, as the minibar in our rooms were empty. You would have to order drinks and any other food and snack items from room service.. Strange that a top hotel does not offer a well stocked minibar... The other thing I missed was a hair dryer. I could not find one in either of the rooms, and left the next day with my hair wet.

We did not try out any of the restaurants.

All in all, the location and quality of this hotel is so good that I will ALWAYS stay here when I have overnight transfers at Heathrow in the future!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!