This hotel is beautiful. It is clean and modern with a warm atmosphere. I felt it was an oasis of calm and even has a beautfiul softly lit Zen Garden.
We stayed for the night before going on holiday and really enjoyed our time here. If you are travelling from terminal 5 this hotel is wonderful as you park at the hotel on terminal and walk through a covered tunnel for less than 5 minutes to reach the terminal itself. This is obviously very useful.
Bedrooms are fairly large and very confortable and the staff we met were welcoming and professional. I would recommend this hotel but two small points:
Firstly everything is expensive, drinks at the bar were about £5.50 and dinner and breakfast are also very expensive. It is worth it for a special trip but it does cost alot to stay here in the first place by the time you have paid all the extras your bill may be more than you think (even for a 5 star!)
Secondly I wouldn't recommend this hotel to people travelling with children, this hotel is modern and works hard at being trendy as well as classy but the whole vibe is an adult one.The bars and restuarant are all set up for adults only and all amenities and facilities are aimed at adults, there is nothing to entertain children here and I didn't feel that I could bring children with me to this hotel. This is just my opinion but I honestly don't think this is equipped for family , it's much better for couples and groups.
Overall though if you can afford the rooms and the extras as well as your main holiday, a room here is worth it for the start of a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel