“Awesome Hotel!”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This was the first time staying at a Sofitel Hotel........ What an experience!
The Hotel was immaculate and well layed out. We all stayed at the Hotel for the Guinness Rugby Cup in Twickenham Stadium.... you would think its too far away for visiting london venues....definately not...just hop on the tube and your there!

We all agreed that the rooms were excellent and the beds are the best we have slept on!. And the Staff... Well, what can we say.........very friendly and helpful...The best!.

The only negative......... Its hard, but I thought the breakfast was too expensive.

I have just booked again for my holiday trip (arr/dep). I am very much looking forward to another great nights sleep zzzzzzz. on that bed!.

I would recommend this hotel. 100%

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (12,034)

Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed here as part of a group on route from Cork to Chicago via Heathrow. As others have stated the location is the best for Terminal 5. it's not cheap, but you have to pay for convenience. On our return from Chicago on route to Cork, our flight to Cork was delayed as a result of volcanic ash for over 12hours, we went accross to the hotel, had lunch explained our situation and were allowed to stay in the lounge relativley undisturbed for the most part of the day. This realy helped the jetlag recovery. If flying through Heathrow and requiring to overnight at the airport don't look any further than the Sofitel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed at the Sofitel Hotel for two nights - the first night being when I flew into London to catch a cruise down in Southampton. The Sofitel is located in Terminal 5, and being that I flew into Terminal 4, I made the mistake of trying to take 6+ pieces of heavy luggage via the free train to the other terminal. It took me two hours to do this, and on the last day in London, I decided to hire a van to take us from the hotel to the terminal. Well worth it. My first impression of the hotel was that it was elegant and sophisticated. Marble everywhere, chandeliers, and fabulously decorated. The staff at the front desk were very accommodating, and the concierge was equally helpful. On the last day in London, Jack (originally from Poland) from the Concierge assisted me with finding the landmark I was looking for in the city. He gave me excellent directions and even suggested other great things to see and visit while I was in the area. I really appreciated his advice! Both nights I was "upgraded" for free to a bigger room. The first one had an interior view, but the second time I was in a room with an airport runway view (which was rare, but so magnificent!). The rooms had a great big comfortable bed, with a down comforter and down pillows. The bathroom had a huge tub with black marble surrrounding the counters, and a tv that faced the tub - a dream come true! The only gripe I had was that both nights I had to call maintenance to have them turn down the heat on the water (it was set to scalding - two separate rooms, which I found odd). They arrived promptly and fixed the setting. The shower (for those who don't like baths) was great - had a shower head on the wall, and one on the ceiling. All in all, this hotel was luxury at an affordable rate, and I would recommend staying here if anyone travels to London!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank audhep79
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time never fails to impress, from the warm welcome at reception when they always manage an upgrade to check out when they wish you a genuine farewell. The rooms are everything you expect from a 5 star hotel, with the most amazingly comfortable beds and pillows resulting in the best night's sleep, even after exhausting travels. The bars and bar staff are generally good and very well stocked and the restaurants are also excellent - especially the Brasserie. You are very well provided for at breakfast. All in all, a pleasure to return to the Sofitel time after time. It is in a very convenient location for Terminal 5. Obviously, if you are flying into or from other terminals at Heathrow there are more convenient hotels for those terminals, but I still think it would be worth making the short transit to Terminal 5 and the Sofitel. I cannot think of anything to criticise, but I will look out for anything next time!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed here both pre and post cruise May 5th and May 21st. We always stay at this hotel because we enjoy the confort and luxury. On our pre-cruise stay we were able to check in early after our long flight from Arizona and enjoy the day in London. The staff is great. On our post cruise, we tried to check in early but the hotel had a large convention checking in on the weekend. We were not able to check in without incurring a 10 pound an hour charge for early check-in. Jack, a concierge, was extremely helpful and went over and above in his customer service. My daughter and wife were very stressed about the fact that we were not able to check in early. They did not want to sit there with all our luggage for hours. Jack reassured them that a room would soon be available and that everything would work out. He also worked with us after we did check in and helped us plan our day in London finding a new mall that our daughter wanted us to see. He is a huge asset to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We decided to give the Sotifel a go as we have stayed at the Hilton Airport Hotel before and thought it good to compare the two.

Location : The Sofitel is connected to London Heathrow Airport by a covered walkway located in Terminal 5. It’s terrific if you are departing or arriving from Terminal 5.

However, we were departing from Terminal 3 so it’s not so good for those who are departing from another terminal. We had to catch a taxi from the hotel to Terminal 3 as the concierge said the shuttle bus took too long and it was difficult to use with baggage.

Room : Our room was upmarket, stylish and spacious with a king size bed, working desk, 32-inch flat-screen television , mini bar and all the extras one would expect from a 5 star hotel . The room had excellent views of the airport. The room was tasteful and comfortable especially the bed and fluffy big pillows.

Food : There are 2 restaurants in the hotel, we only dined in one as the other was shut. The food was decent and staff friendly and helpful.

Staff : Welcoming and efficient.

Facilities : There is a good size gym and a large Spa centre which also included a steam room, sauna and small pool.

Overall: The hotel is sophisticated, modern, chic and smart. The rooms also cater for business people and are extremely comfortable. We enjoyed our short stay and thought it to be an excellent airport hotel.

However, we probably wouldn’t use it again as mostly our Qantas flights leave from Terminal 3 or 4 and its more convenient for us to stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Ellemay
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I've stayed here several times now and the service has been consistently good so I decided to sing the hotel's praises. I've always been impressed with the proximity to Heathrow terminal 5 which is literally a 5 minute walk away, closer than any of the hotels at Heathrow. The welcome is always first class at the hotel and the one always feel well attended to. I've bene lucky enough to have been checked in on my last 3 visits by Rahima who always manages to get me an excellent room when available. Concierge staff are really helpful, always smartly dressed and discretely willing to help with whatever request I've had. During my last aborted stay, they even hung on to a box I had delivered to the hotel and met me at the terminal during a transit with my luggage from a previous stay. The rooms are well appointed and everything works, everything is new and the feel is very much of a 5 star business hotel. The sound insulation is excellent, very important at an airport hotel and the climate control works very well. I found the food at the restaurants to be top quality if a little pricey and all round, this must be one of my favourite hotels of any type.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!