This is my second visit here and it went equally well. This time I arrived by road on a Park & Fly type deal which, in itself was excellent. The hotel is very easy to find from Junction 14 of the M25 motorway.
The point I want to make this time is the comfort and quietness of the room - in particular the bed. Noise insulation room-to-room and room to corridor is exceptional and probably the best I have ever experienced. The bed also is top quality leading to the best night of sleep in a hotel for a long time. I am a light sleeper when travelling and I slept like a baby here !
Service at Brasserie Roux much improved since my last visit which, in fairness was just after they opened. Outstanding food (as you would expect) and never cheap - but also not an outrageous price. A good tip would be to make your reservation here early - it is very popular and does get very busy
I only have one very minor observation, the room had a good HD flat screen TV but still a disappointing range of international channels for a major airport hotel - this could and should improve.
I really could not fault this place and I wish I could physically uplift it and put it at some of the destinations I visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel