“Superb start to any trip”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Superb start to any trip”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This is my second visit here and it went equally well. This time I arrived by road on a Park & Fly type deal which, in itself was excellent. The hotel is very easy to find from Junction 14 of the M25 motorway.

The point I want to make this time is the comfort and quietness of the room - in particular the bed. Noise insulation room-to-room and room to corridor is exceptional and probably the best I have ever experienced. The bed also is top quality leading to the best night of sleep in a hotel for a long time. I am a light sleeper when travelling and I slept like a baby here !

Service at Brasserie Roux much improved since my last visit which, in fairness was just after they opened. Outstanding food (as you would expect) and never cheap - but also not an outrageous price. A good tip would be to make your reservation here early - it is very popular and does get very busy

I only have one very minor observation, the room had a good HD flat screen TV but still a disappointing range of international channels for a major airport hotel - this could and should improve.

I really could not fault this place and I wish I could physically uplift it and put it at some of the destinations I visit.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,571)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sussex, UK
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I'm a seasoned traveller and booked a room in the Sofitel at Heathrow Terminal Five. I wanted to stay for one night and clicked on 'check in' 6th January, 'check out' 7th January. These two dates appeared on my printed-out form, but on arrival at the hotel the receptionist told me I'd only booked a couple of hours in the room! They refused to accept the silliness of this, despite my confirmation which had different dates for check-in and check-out, and insisted that I pay an extra £100 to stay overnight. This I did, because this was the weekend that snow made a right mess of transport in the UK and I didn't fancy staying overnight in the terminal. Since then I've tried and failed to persuade their 'customer services' to refund the extra cash. I'm really disappointed because it's a nice hotel, but I won't be staying there again! Be careful not to let them scam you in the same way...

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank PhineasFogg7
San Francisco, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,234 helpful votes
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I've been here 4 times now and each time, I've really looked forward to staying here.

The hotel is extremely convenient for Terminal 5, just a short walk in a covered walkway, which is ideal. Inside it is very modern, light and airy. The staff are extremely helpful and are conveniently located throughout the hotel, always checking that you are OK.

The spa and gym are a nice touch and worth using if you have the time

The rooms are very modern, spacious and luxurious. The beds are very comfortable and large. And there are some nice touches throughout the rooms, robes and slippers (although I didn't receive these on a previous stay), TV and radio in the bathroom, large shower, with two types of shower head etc.

I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in heathrow for the evening.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Travellover6128
London
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We have stayed here several times. Our first experience over a year ago was not good in terms of service. However we stayed again in August 09 and December 09 and the service was much improved. It is very stylish hotel, the rooms are beautiful - amazingly comfortable enormous beds, huge TV, lovely bathroom (ours had a TV in front of the bath, though note due to it being high on the wall you couldn't see all that well from the bath!) with separate shower, kettle (but no biccies!), comfy chair and magazines, ..... the works. As i'm an A-club member and repeat visitor, a lovely fruit plate and welcome note from the manager was in our room on arrival which was rather nice. 3 min walk to terminal 5. We are getting so fond of this place I think i'll book early flights on purpose from now on so I can justify staying here!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sal99
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I've stayed a few times now. The hotel is certainly convenient. However i just stayed with my wife and 2 young kids - pulled up in the car outside and then struggled in with the luggage, car seats, strollers, kids etc.etc.. all while the conceirge just stood and watched! I was amazed. To make matters worse, the front desk lady was clearly hassled and not even polite. At 160gbp a night, you'd expect better.

However. the rooms are nice, and the room service while expensive is also good.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I just wanted to agree with the majority of comments here.
Nice modern hotel.
5 minutes walk from terminal 5.
Very good overall.
I stayed twice.
On my second visit I booked through the BA site and got a great rate.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Celticjo58
London, UK
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed here for a night on the 'Haute Cuisine' package before an early flight. The hotel is beautiful, with on-the-ball staff and stylish, comortable rooms. We were somewhat less impressed by the haute cuisine element. The gastronomic gift consisted of two trios of Christmassy chocolates; we found the restaurant 'Vivre' to offer pleasant food, but to be very noisy and more like an upscale cafe than the luxury restaurant we had imagined.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PhillipDrummond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!