“Great, comfortable place to catch some zzz after a long trip”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We arrived at the Sofitel after a long day stuck at another airport. When we finally arrived at LHR T5, we wanted a comfortable and clean place to stay that didn't involve paying for and taking a hotel hoppa (spelling?) to a nearby hotel since we had an early morning flight to catch the next day. Once we cleared passport control, we followed the signs and arrived at the hotel. The check-in staff were very courteous and checked us in quickly. It was so nice to arrive in a clean room with a big bath and shower. The bed was a king and extremely comfortable. No free internet or wireless was available but that seems to be the norm for hotels in this class. We didn't stay long enough to enjoy any meal or use any of the facilities but we would not hesitate to stay here again if we needed to overnight at LHR. It may not be the cheapest but being able to sleep in a little longer and then walk (or take the Heathrow Express) to your terminal is worth the few extra pounds.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ISPpilot

Reviewed October 3, 2009

I arrived early on Sept 27th and was told to get early checkin I would have to pay and extra £70! I said I had requested early checkin when making the reservation, and no fee was mentioned. Since I didnt have it in writing, they wouldnt waive the fee. I said I would wait in the lobby and use the internet. They said the wi-fi that came with my room didnt start until checkin. They never mentioned the computers off the lobby for patron use. Eventually they reduced the early checkin fee to £30. I was exhausted and agreed. I have stayed at other London hotels and been allowed to check in early if rooms were ready. This hotel was not fully booked.
The room was great, and the bed heavenly. The location is fine too. My rate included breakfast, but it wanst anything special. The staff were having trouble providing coffee and tea. I was lucky to get a first cup, never mind a refill.
Overall, the hotel was fine, but the staff need to be more accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2009

The Sofitel Heathrow is a great hotel. It's convenience to the airport is of course it's greatest draw, but it's facilities, staff and service are also excellent. We stayed for one night before flying home after a month in Europe. The hotel allowed us to store our excess baggage for two weeks for free. They permitted my adult children early check in for no extra charge. Just a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cyd k
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Lovely comfy bed, really good service. A good addition to T5, which is a whole other story (& to be avoided...)

Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2009

The staff were superb. Each person I met was helpful, polite, friendly and efficient. I stayed in a Junior suite. The bed was very comfortable and the room contained all that is needed for an enjoyable visit. If I was to have a small quibble it would be the position of the doorstop- one could break a toe quite easily.

I tried out the hydro suite and emerged relaxed and refreshed. I was sorry that I hadn't time for a spa treatment.

Travel to and from London and terminal 1 was very convenient.

If travelling on a restricted budget this venue may not be for you. The hotel is rated as five star and the rate reflects this status.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night as I had an early BA flight out of Terminal 5 the next day. Hotel was easy to get to from the tube station - albeit the walk was a little further than expected - but didn't bother me.

The hotel was very clean and well presented. The room was excellent, the bathroom was spacious. One thing I thought was cool was that you could have the TV on in the room and have the sound coming though a speaker in the bathroom.

Overall the Hotel was perfect for what I wanted - i.e. easy access to T5 for an early flight.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The Sofitel was an experience that took me by complete surprise. The marble experience starts at the lifts in Terminal 5 and there seems to be no end to it.
The transfer from Terminal 1 was free on the "express link" and had us on site within 50 minutes of touchdown. On arrival we received the welcome that eased the exhaustion of any business trip and released the stress of air travel.
Our room was spacious, spotless, fully stocked with a wide selection of teas/coffees and complimentary bottled water. Robes, slippers and Hermes toiletries seemed to be standard. The bed can only be described as an experience . Attention to detail in the rooms was second to none. Room service was efficient, quick and excellent value (the staff came to the room, took my own bread, toasted it and returned it with all the necessary condiments).
The location offers a choice of Londons' busy City Centre (40mins on underground) or a more peaceful trip to the rural surroundings including Bath and Windsor.
But most of all the attention, welcome and assistance from all the staff was refreshing in these troubled times. I will be checking out the international options of Sofitel on any future trips and recommend the Sofitel at Heathrow to all my friends and colleagues when travelling to London.
MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL.
Siobhan Delaney.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!