The Sofitel is the official hotel of the newly built Terminal 5 at Heathrow. The hotel feels and looks brand new - it is pretty and clean, with nicely appointed rooms and nice modern amenities. However, if you're tired from traveling or in poor physical shape or health (and we're neither), I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
Like many on here, we were stopping over on our way back from continental Europe. We had two large bags and two large backpacks apiece, which wouldn't be a problem normally but made travel here fairly difficult. Since "fixed" taxi rates between terminals are 18 pounds per ride, we chose to travel here via Heathrow Express. We came in through Terminal 2 and had to walk about 500 meters (and navigate several of those infernal security "bars" in front of escalators that are ubiquitous in the U.K.) just to get to the train platform. We then waited for about 10 minutes to get the right train (the HX serves Terminals 4 and 5 separately) and found that on the other side (Terminal 5), several escalators and another 300 meter walk awaited us just to get to the hotel. We're in good shape, but it was a long way just to get to the hotel. The hotel stay was quite nice once we got there, but we both agreed that we were not looking forward to the schlep back to Terminal 1 the next morning.
So, a recommended hotel, but know what you're getting into before you book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel