Our previous stay in London was at a premium location for a premium price and the place still turned out to be a dump. This time when we found we would have a layover in London, we decided to try something different. As airline staff, we get great discounts at Accor hotels if availability is good and we book enough in advance. We heard about this brand new Sofitel at Heathrow's new Terminal 5 and have always had superb experiences at Sofitels. We got a great rate for our one night layover before a cruise from Harwich port the next day. The 45 minute tube ride to the city center was not terribly convenient but the hotel more than made up for it.
The staff was very friendly and helpful during check-in, concierge and dining. The room was plush as we expect from Sofitel. The bed was soft and fluffy, yet supportive, a welcome respite for our jet-lagged bodies. Every detail was covered in the room from the large flat screen tv, luxurious bathroom, wifi, built-in AV jacks in the wall for easy picture or video viewing to the north-american style plug in the wall for easy camera recharging for Yanks. We sampled the moderately priced restaurant which offered a 2 for 1 deal if you eat dinner before 1900. It was excellent.
The only thing about the hotel that slightly ruffled my feathers was their check-in policy. As many travellers arriving from North America, we arrived in the morning. They had plenty of rooms available but would only check us in early if we were willing to pay almost another night. We opted to store our stuff in a friend's room who got there the night before and check in later. When you are tired from traveling all night, this doesn't come across as very nice.
Overall, we would stay there again in a heartbeat and recommend the hotel highly if you don't mind staying in the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel