Stayed for one night in Jan. 2009 in order to catch an early flight, this is probably the top location in Heathrow for this purpose. I was upgraded to a double room which was spacious, quiet and clean - I liked the free selection of teas/coffee. Bathroom was bright and spacious with a large shower as well as bath. Bed was large and comfortable, decent quality sheets (as is normal for a 4 or 5 star hotel).
Reception was friendly but slow - I had to ask for service as three staff were peering over one form while I was waiting to check in.
The Brasserie provided a good meal at a fair price. Lobster bisque is an old favourite of airport eateries but on this occasion it actually tasted of something, the calves livers were delicate and fresh; staff were professional but not supercillious: well done.
Dislikes: Wifi is not free, there are not enough television channels, the "spa center" is a large hot-tub not a swimming pool, and is available only at extra cost.
Stay here for clean rooms and decent food if you need to be in Heathrow.
Don't stay here if you require daylight as the majority (all?) of the rooms face into large internal courtyards with artificial lighting. This eliminates nearly all flight noise, at least at ground floor level, so I suppose it is necessary and as a light sleeper I appreciated the quiet even if it necessitates air-con due to the lack of opening windows.
Would stay here again due to convenience, food and easy access for T5 (and also short distance to free hop with Heathrow Express to the awful T1,2,3 hub).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel