“WOW”

GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“WOW”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

What a great hotel. Get in there now before it gets really busy.. staff are over the top in trying to help - don;t always get it right though... new hotel sure they'll catch up with demanding traveller.. Best value at Heathrow but again suspect prices will increase when everyone gets to know about it, beats the Hilton and the Marriott hands down - both look faded in comparison... And cheaper - especially on food and drink.

• Liked — really comfortable beds
  • Disliked — ziltch
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank travellingn0mad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dunstable, England
Reviewed November 9, 2008

When I read the feedback for this hotel from other visitors I thought I may have made a mistake and almost cancelled my booking. I am glad I didn't. I stayed on a Friday night before getting an afternoon flight on the following day.
Check-in was fast and efficient. I had already pre-paid for my room as I booked through holiday extras and I got a good rate comparable with other hotels around Heathrow and being able to walk through to the terminal was an advantage. My room was beautifully clean. I had been dreading working out the light and heating system but was successful at the first attempt. I had a lovely meal in the Vivre restaurant. Attentive staff and quick service.
When I checked out the staff arranged lock my (very heavy) case away until my check-in time (late check out was charged at £10 per hour). When I collected the case a member of staff offered to accompany me to the check out. I appreciated this.
The hotel does feel a little empty and souless and yes the room numbers are confusing but I was shown where my room was so there wasn't a problem.
I can't really understand why the check in desk wasn't planned for the same level as the entrance to the walkway to and from Terminal 5, but that isn't the fault of the staff.
I would visit again.

• Liked — clean well appointed rooms
  • Disliked — having to use lift/escalator to go up 1 floor from hotel reception/check out to Terminal 5 walkway
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank travelbug27
wolverhampton
Reviewed November 9, 2008

Stayed here for one night before flying out to the Bahamas, we arrived late (midnight) but the service was unaffected, perfect conceirege facilites and attentive staff. We had the package where you get free parking with the room - circa £180 for room and weeks parking. Re the parking, you call a number the hotel gives you and your car is brought to the short stay car park right next to the departures/arrivals and off you go. Very easy and better tha waiting for the hopper bus!. Recommend it. Rooms are very spacious and the bed is the best I have ever slept in - in a hotel. Lovely decor.

• Liked — The room and location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NettyandPaul
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2008

It would seem that the designers of this hotel were out to confuse.The room numbering is odd - I stil don't know what 'wing 1' means and the signage for rooms and general directions were terrible. Working the light switches and air conditioning was a skill that could not be learnt on a one night stay. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable- fantastic bed and lovely Hermes toiletries.

• Liked — convenience to T5
  • Disliked — finding my way around
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank FermanaghKeys
Isleworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I thought the hotel was not as well signposted as it should be-you go down a long corridor with your luggage hoping it is the right way.
The girl on reception was dreadful - she could hardly be bothered to break off from giggling with her male colleague to check me in and gave me such terrible directions to my room that I had to come all the way down again to reception and ask a porter the way - he was very helpful and saw me to my room personally. When I said I would like an express checkout due to an early start (I had already paid for my room in advance so this was just for extras) she asked me to complete a form giving my credit card detials including my security code!!! I declined to do this and didn't see why I needed to as they had already swiped my card. Most hotels have an express checkout procedure. However this girls was so useless she probably wouldn't have known if they did have one.
I got to my room and found the air con on full blast with the room at a temp of 17C ( this was 10pm). Apart from wanting a warmer room, I don't like sleeping with air con on so I called down to reception to ask how to switch it off as ths was not obvious ( I am an engineer). Again the girl was no help whatsoever but I managed to work out a halfway solution myself.
The bar area was cold and soulless and noisy (TV blaring in one area and loud piped music in another). The rooms were pleasant and clean but no better than I would expect for a modern hotel these days.
My husband and I had booked into the hotel the following week after a return flight but we cancelled this as a result of my stay. We may use this if we have very early flights in future but not otherwise.
Management please train your hotel reception people better! Show them how it is done at the Sofitel St James's which is excellent.

• Liked — Nice bathroom and toiletries. Helpful porter.
  • Disliked — The reception staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank UKexpat
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Stayed here two nights for work, 5 minutes walk from International Arrivals at T5. T5 itself is a good 25 minutes walk from the other terminals.
The place is brand new and it shows. Both good and bad.

Good:
High tech rooms with good connections for AV equipment. Nice furnishings and lighting.

Bad:
Most of the staff really did not know what to do. Examples include not knowing how to react when a customer asks for something like a power outlet adapter. Waiters in restaurants kept forgetting what we ordered. Restaurants were out of all kinds of food. Even asking for a wakeup call seemed to cause confusion.

• Liked — 5 minutes walk from T5
  • Disliked — Birth pangs
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Moody751
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!