“So convenient ”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during a 15 hour stop over. We arrived in T3 and it was a 10 min drive to the hotel. If you are traveling through T5 it is so easy to access.

The hotel is outside and opposite T5, connected by a bridge (you will have to go through immigration to exit the airport).

The room is basic but comfortable and clean. Free wifi. Breakfast buffet was very nice with both continental and Asian as options.

Stayed: September 2013
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear guest,

I appreciate you taking time to review your recent say with us,

Your comments on our convenient location are good to hear and I am pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Sofitel London Heathrow

Write a ReviewReviews (11,876)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

First, the location. If you fly from Terminal 5, you just walk from the hotel to the terminal, just a few yards. Second, there are packages to include parking for 8 or 15 nights, which is so convenient.
Third, the rooms are comfortable, well decorated, clean, modern, with free WiFi.Surprisingly, there is no noise at all.
The restaurant is very good as well, and well worth visiting. In fact, there are two, but I always use the international cuisine one (another one is fine dining).
The staff are very friendly, polite and efficient. They make the impression they are really pleased to see you. It is one of my favourite hotels, and so far, I have never had any unpleasant experience there

Room Tip: I really don't know. So far, I always have trusted the staff to choose a room for me, and, so fa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us,
I am thrilled to read of your comments regarding the convenient location of our hotel and am also happy that you took advantage of our park and fly packages. I appreciate your kind comments for all our facilities restaurants and bars, thank you for your loyalty with our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Ideally situated at Heathrow Terminal 5. Rooms are larger than average London hotels and are clean, with very comfortable beds, and a walk-in shower and separate bath. The rooms are very quiet, as is the air conditioning. Check-in/out at the front desk was quick and efficient. The staff throughout the hotel are pleasant and helpful. Access to other Heathrow Terminals is easy via the Heathrow Express ( free ). Access to central London can be achieved through the Heathrow Express ( £21 single) or the London Underground ( Peak Mon-Fri 06-30 to 09-30 £5.00, other times £3.00. Oyster Card rates ). Always buy an Oyster Card if using public transport in London. London buses do not take cash. i always use this hotel even if my business takes me to central London.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank TOURIST685

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay with us,

Your comments regarding our ideal location are a pleasure to read and I am glad that you found our accommodation to be spacious, clean and comfortable.

Our reception team always aim to please and I am delighted that you found check in to be quick and efficient and our staff to be pleasant and helpful. I will share your kind comments with our front office team who will be more than happy to hear of your high praise.

We appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The key to this hotel for us was that it was attached to the Terminal 5, so we didn't need to use time travelling to and fro. We did not have enough time to do anything in London, had we been staying for more than a night we would have stayed elsewhere.

The room was fine, and the breakfast in the morning was excellent - a huge selection, and a chef behind the counter who didn't stop smiling and laughing. We also had time to visit the relax area, although this really wasn't much more than a small pool, sauna and steam room.

For a short overnight trip, I would definitely recommend this hotel, but if you have more time, then you might find better value and more to do elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bloke_over_there

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us,

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel suitably located next to Terminal 5 and that this saved you a great deal of time on your journey.

Your comments in regards to our breakfast restaurant Vivre are a pleasure to read and I am more than happy that you enjoyed the great quality food and service that they are known for.

We have excellent connections into central London, with the Heathrow express and the London Underground Piccadilly line being a mere 10 minute walk away, we would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel so that you may have the chance to explore London at you leisure.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We came to London for 4 days before flying to Europe. The person I travelled with stayed at different places in London several times and worked out that staying at Sofitel was the best option. Being out of town wasn't a problem - there were a lot of trains, buses and taxi options. But at Sofitel you get much bigger and more comfortable rooms than when staying in town. The sound insulation was ideal so no noise at all. Free wifi had reasonable speed but it was possible to upgrade to paid wifi for video uploads. The beds were very comfortable. Surprisingly, there weren't any items that one can usually find in a 4 star hotel - like a vanity kit or slippers... The hair dryer was attached to the very back of a drawer in the writing desk instead of being in the bathroom, and it was impossible to pull it out. Otherwise, there was nothing else that disappointed us. The breakfast was really outstanding. The biggest variety of food I've ever seen for a hotel breakfast. Also the staff performance was absolutely outstanding - the best in London! We were lucky to be served by a lot of very lovely staff who were extremely attentive to all our needs. I would like to thank them all especially Genrik who made us feel very spoilt - on the second morning he even remembered our preferences from the day before and there were hundreds of other guests! The restaurant La Belle Époque is a must to visit. Again, the food, the choice of wines and the staff were unforgettable. Glad it made such a good start to our holiday.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community,

I am overjoyed to read of your positive experience during your recent stay with us at the Sofitel London Heathrow. Our hotel prides itself on its quiet rooms and I am happy to know you found them spacious and adequate. I am also pleased that you found our transportation links to be a convenient and efficient way to travel in and out of central London.

Your praise for our restaurant is a joy to read and I am glad that you found our wide variety of international cuisine to be outstanding. I will be sharing your comments with the team who will be delighted to hear of your high recommendations for their attentiveness and service.

Regarding your comments on the amenities that were missing in your room, we offer a variety of items that can be delivered on request from our House keeping department.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed one night before a flight the next day. If you are flying from Terminal 5 you cannot fault this hotel's location. So convenient. I have stayed here several times and again I was not disappointed. The hotel's decor is modern, spotlessly clean and the bed was super comfy. The rooms are not large, however perfectly adequate for a short stay.
There was a bit of a wait to check in, but perhaps we arrived at an unusually busy time.
Two minor complaints; I had requested two single beds and we were given a room with a king bed.This was sorted out immediately but I find it irritating when a hotel specifically asks for special requests then ignores them. In my experience so many hotels do this. Also rooms are advertised as having a minibar, our room actually had an empty fridge. If you want to use the mini bar check that it will have something in it.
We enjoyed our stay, everyone is friendly and accommodating. We had dinner in the less formal restaurant, good quality food for a reasonable price. no hesitation in recommending the Sofitel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location to be convenient. I was sorry that you had to wait longer than usual to check in and that your request for two single beds was not acknowledged upon check in. I will share this with our front of house manager to ensure that information given to us on reservation is followed through accordingly upon arrival.

I appreciate your kind comments on the service you received and I was pleased that you enjoyed your dinner in Vivre.

Thank you for your recommendation and loyalty with Sofitel and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next journey thorough Heathrow.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

All round superb hotel. Excellent service, wonderful customer care and Vive restaraunt should definately be a Michelin Star restaurant. Rooms are always great value for money and so quiet to stay in. Could not be more convenient for Heathrow airport. Thanks as always for a great stay.

Room Tip: I love the corner rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!