“Mini Break”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Mini Break”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very convenient for Terminal 5 Heathrow 2 minutes to walk! Very clean & quiet Hotel considering in Terminal 5.Staff very friendly and plenty on duty.Room very clean,all amenities available,breakfast very good with plenty on offer in the buffett.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review to the Trip Advisor community,

I was pleased to read you had a memorable mini break with us and you enjoyed the service, amenities and breakfast served in Vivre.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was my 5th stay here. Yes it pricey but its super convinent, has fab restuarants, a nice bar and is clean and quite.
The only ever issue i have had was this stay when after checking out with 90 mins till we could check in for our flight we decided to go for lunch in the tea bar. We were greeted by a server who saw us with bags and he seated us. He later told us in a snooty way that we should have out our bags in storage . Well....you did see us with them at the entrance so why mention it after we dragged the cases to our table ? Needless to say tip = ZERO.
i wont let him put me off staying here again as he was an exception to the normally lovley staff here.

1 Thank whoops200
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities, restaurants and bars in the hotel,

Please accept my sincere apologies with regard to storing your bags whilst having lunch in our Tea Salon, I will share your comments with our Tea Salon Manager to ensure that all staff understand the hotel policies with regard to storing guest luggage and the correct way to address this to avoid this situation happening again.

Thank you for your loyalty with our hotel and we hope you will have a more memorable stay with us on your next visit.

Mullion, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have used my BA miles to book this hotel. The room was okay - comparable to a Premiere Inn. The bathroom looks lovely but the shower was very poor. The location is excellent for the airport and surprisingly you do not hear the take-off or landing every 75 seconds.

The breakfast on the Sunday that we stayed was very very poor. We were directed to the continental breakfast but the was no continental breakfast left. Non of the Indian or Japaneses breakfasts were left. No pork sausages or baked beans were left. It took 15 mins to get coffee and we were sat down at a dirty table with no cutlery and someone else's milk (which was not removed). All of this was with 1 hour of the breakfast services still to go.

We asked why the service was so poor and we were informed that there was a delayed flight......Heathrow airport..... really? This delayed flight was the night before so getting extra staff for the next day might have been an idea.

Generally I was not impressed by this hotel; it is a shame as it is supposed to be 'The' five star hotel to go to if traveling from the busiest airport in the world; it is a bit of a joke

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton
2 Thank Gareth M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following you recent stay with us,

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service you received, I was disappointed to learn about your breakfast experience in Vivre and that you have been left with a negative experience.

I would like to follow up with your comments to identify where more corrective training can be given to prevent any re occurrence, if you could kindly at your earliest convenience contact our Food and Beverage Manager Globy Ouseph on globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow.com so we may obtain further details from you and to ensure that on a future stay with us you will have a more positive experience.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service you received and I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I'll start by setting the scene. I arrived at around 2130 after having missed a flight connection at Heathrow (I had come from Tokyo and was due to fly on to another UK airport). My room cost was £200 including breakfast.

On arrival a large group was at check-in but this is an airport hotel so this is to be expected. It took around 30 mins to check in (why no separate desk for Accor Platinum members? This is a basic benefit I'd expect at any five star chain hotel.)

The room and hotel was bland but comfortable - reminds me of a fancier Holiday Inn. Not enough staff to deal with the number of customers. Waited 20 minutes just to order drinks in the restaurant at dinner (this was after 2200). Gave up on trying to get a drink in the bar afterwards - close to midnight - as there were only two members of staff at the bar and no table service.

The hotel seems to attract a lot of very rude guests. Lost count of the number of times people pushed in front of me waiting for the restaurant or at the bar. There must have been twenty guests actually sitting at the bar in groups and none seemed inclined to move out of the way to allow others to order drinks - this wouldn't have been a problem at any other decent hotel as they would have table service!

Internet access is a complete joke. The free service is next to useless otherwise you're paying £15 for 24hours access or £6 for one hour.

No recognition for Accor platinum card holders. No room upgrade, no mention of lounge access (I know they have one) and they wanted to know what time I'd be checking out - this was almost the first thing they asked me when I arrived (presumably so they could get the cleaning staff into my room as soon as possible - they sell rooms for day stays too. It's led to lots of banging and cleaning noises from about 0700 onwards in the morning).

Rood in the restaurant was good but expensive. Water, one glass of wine, a salad starter and steak main came to over £60. They automatically add 12.5% service but still have a space for gratuity. Staff in the restaurant polite but overworked.

Room was ok, I had a superior. Pros: comfortable bed, decent shower. Cons: noisy aircon, minibar not stocked.

The thing that bothers me most is that this hotel seems to simply exist to extract as much cash from guests as possible. Now I'm not naive, I know hotels are businesses and therefore must make a profit but I've travelled a lot and stayed in many nice hotels. Good ones manage to make money without making guests feel like they are getting bent over at every opportunity.

For example, they charge £3.75 tray charge plus 12.5% service to deliver room service (why both? Am I actually paying to hire the tray?). If you ask for something to be brought to your room that isn't food or drink they charge a £5 (!) 'tray charge'. I assume this means if you called down to ask for more toiletries etc you would have to pay £5.

All in all I'm not impressed. An overnight stay involving dinner, breakfast and accommodation for one person came close to £300. On this occasion the insurance company is paying but if it was my own money I'd stay elsewhere. Only recommended if location (right at terminal 5) is your main priority.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Neil F
Dear Guest,

I was most concerned to read that your recent stay with us was not enjoyable, and we failed to live up to the high service standards you expect from the Sofitel brand.

I would like to ensure this is investigated more fully, to that end I would be most grateful if at your convenience you could contact our Front Office Manager – Vikramjit Singh on vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com so we may personally follow up with the comments you have raised and to ensure that our Le Club members are recognized and informed of the benefits that they are entitled to.

On a positive note, I appreciate your comments about the food in our restaurant, rooms and bed.

I hope that at some point in the future we will have the opportunity to turn this experience around and welcome you back for a more positive experience.

Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had to stay here due to a missed flight. All expenses paid for by British Airlines which obviously makes the experience nicer as the room, dinner, breakfast, and drinks were all free. Still, our suite was lovely with a TV in the bathtub which was a nice way to unwind. Staff were friendly, food was delicious in the Vivre. We had the Thai curry box -- yum yum!!! Would stay here again. Connected to the London Heathrow airport which made it very convenient to catch our flight the next morning.

1 Thank Gina G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us,

I am sorry that you encountered disruption with your travel plans; however I was pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and you enjoyed the service, rooms and dinner in Vivre.

Thank you for your kind comments and praise and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is the first time I have used the Sofitel Group. I was transfurred to it due to a flight cancilation. The hotel makes up part of terminal 5 and it is a quick walk to the arrivals and depatrures. The hotel was well signed and "intuative" to find when transiting to it from across the terminal . The hotel its-self is at the middle/upper end of the scale. Perhaps a little corporate and it is very large. That said, it is in superb decorative order done to a very high standard. My room was also good quality and for me the bed and pillows were perfect. No airport noise at all, I had a good nights sleep. All the usual room bits, drinks making, wifi etc etc. The restaurant and meal (whilst catering for large numbers) was to the same high standard as the rooms. Staff at check-in, and at all levels across the hotel were extreemly helpfull. Nearest brand I can compare it to is Crown Plaza (with Sofitel being slightly better). Not the Savoy, but none the less "comfort and luxury"...............A nice stay over.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us,

I was delighted to read your comments and praise for our hotel including the service, restaurants and rooms which you found to be perfect.

I look forward to sharing your comments with our Front Desk Team who will be delighted to know that you found them extremely helpful.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!