“Love this Sofitel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Durham, United Kingdom
“Love this Sofitel”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Another great stay T5 Sofitel.

This time I opted for the Prestige Suite, which isn't cheap, but after a long day travelling it was a great way to wind down with a few beers and some in room dining.

My previous reviews commented on how in-room wifi could be spotty at times. I suspect they've addressed this now, as I was on the 6th floor this time and the signal was good.

The whole hotel operates like a well oiled machine, with front desk staff very friendly and efficient. I really love staying at Sofitel T5, and it seems so does everyone else

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your most recent stay with us at the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience of staying in one of our Prestige Suites and that you found our Front Desk staff to be friendly and efficient.

I thank you for your loyalty with the Sofitel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,517)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel is everything you would expect from an airport hotel, nothing more and nothing less. Check in was not fast as I waited over 20 minutes get to the front of the line but that is probably the only negative thing I have to say about this property. The rooms here are extremely clean and I certainly enjoyed all of the amenities the gym had to offer. As I had an early departure to Paris the following morning I decided for once to just stay in and actually order room service. I have to say, service was extremely fast and the food was actually very good! If you're on an overnight and have an early departure out of Heathrow's Terminal 5 than I recommend staying here, otherwise do go into a more centrally located hotel in London.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NYC_1989
Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you had to wait such a long time to check-in, please do accept my sincere apologies for this, I shall share your comments with our Front Of House Manager Vikramjit Singh to see how we can try to avoid this for the future.

I am delighted to read your kind comments with regards to our rooms, hotel facilities and the service you received.

I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey to Paris and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

rochester kent
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The best part of the stay was the people, very friendly wanted to help, if they are trained it comes across natural. The spa excellent and the gym.
Bars were okay, slow on service just too many customers.
Breakfast could not want more choice. Well done

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your comments regarding our staff and that you enjoyed our Spa and Gym facilities. I am sorry that you endured slow service in the bar, I shall share your comments with our Food & Beverage Manager Globy Ouseph so we can try and avoid such re-occurrence.

I am glad you enjoyed our Breakfast in Vivre, we do pride ourselves in having a wide selection of choice at breakfast for our guests.

I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Hong Kong.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had two stays in this superb Hotel in mid-February '14 and early March '14, on our way to and back from Argentina. To say we were astonished at the quality of this Hotel in every respect is an understatement. The short comfortable 7-minute stroll to and from T-5 for Arrivals & Departures is excellent, with a good supply of Wheelchairs and Luggage Trolleys available behind the Reception Desk. The rooms were large, luxuriously appointed with high quality fittings and most important of all, a very comfortable bed. The generously-spaced bathroom had all the fittings & trimmings one would expect in a 5-Star establishment, and more. But the best aspect was the 100% sound-proofing, as we overlooked the busy runways, but not a whisper could be heard when the jets took off. The Coffee Shop served an excellent Breakfast spread, and we had 2 enjoyable lunches there where the staff were very helpful and attentive. But the real surprise and icing on the cake was the dinner we had in LA BELLE EPOQUE Restaurant. Service was most discreet and of a very high standard. Every dish, exquisitely plated, was explained to us in detail, and the quality of the ingredients and taste gave it full justice. With hindsight, we made the right choice of ordering Champagne and staying with it throughout the meal, as each complimented the other. In our opinion, other 5-star hotels in the City we have stayed in on previous trips would struggle to hold a candle to the SOFITEL HEATHROW in all respects. And to save the best for the last, is our experience of their honesty in Billing, which is something we will never forget. Our sincere congratulations to all and please do keep it up. We look forward to our next stay there in the very near future.

Room Tip: If possible, request a room with an external view, although even those with an inside view does very...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, such wonderful feedback is always a pleasure to read.

I am pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and you found the location of the hotel convenient. I am so glad you found our beds to be super comfy and the bathroom to be large, modern and clean.

I will pass your comments to the team in Tea Salon and La Belle Époque; I know how proud they will be that they made your stay so memorable.

We hope to look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Excellent and friendly staff, they helped my mother she is 75 years old and speaks French, they gave all the support she need.
Room is Clean and comfortable. Was a good experience.
Special thanks to all of you, I recommend it

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at The Sofitel London Heathrow.

I am very pleased to read that your mother had an enjoyable stay and that we were able to give her all the support she needed.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Dubai
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My parents stayed here on route from Houston to Toulouse. They spent 2 nights but were unable to get the cold water tap of the shower to work and could only get tepid water in the bath. My father is going to be 80 years old in a few months and was not up to having someone come in the room to poke around with things, so they suffered it out. On check out they informed the concierge. She said to my mother that they would 'log' the issue so that the next guests did not get a faulty bath set. Well that is of no use to my parents is it? No compensation, not even a free night. This is not kind. Sofitel is off our list from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I was concerned to read your feedback regarding the stay of your parents, please accept my sincere apologies that they encountered this inconvenient issue.

I was really disappointed to read the response your parents received when mentioning this on checkout, at your earliest convenience if you could kindly email our Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh on Vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com as I would like to investigate this further and indentify where more corrective training can be given.

I hope we will have the opportunity to restore yourself and your parent’s faith in us in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Sofitel London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!