“Hotel yes, restaurant no”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at the Sofitel Heathrow, but regularly stay at the one in Gatwick. The hotel is certainly up to the usual Sofitel high standard, with great rooms, reasonable wi-fi, quiet ambience and walking access to T5.

However, the restaurant is nowhere near up to the standard of the Asian restaurant in the Gatwick hotel. At £35.50 for the Chilean Chardonnay (about the cheapest wine) and £15.50 for an indifferent Green Thai Curry, this is not good value. The smell of cooking permeates the area of the restaurant where we were seated, and the service was only ok. 2 AA rosettes is a big surprise. No table cloths and slowly cleared tables complete the picture.

I would certainly stay here again, but I would eat in the terminal. Look at the Heathrow website for full details, but I know that at least the departures area has a coffee shop and Carluccio's restaurant. Arrivals has a Costa coffee shop and an M & S Simply Food.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CED
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I was pleased to read that you found our facilities up to Sofitel’s high standard and the room was to your liking.

I was disappointed to read that the standard of service in the restaurant did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for this. Our Vivre restaurant features an open kitchen where our guests can watch their meals being prepared. The environment and menu in Vivre restaurant is designed to be more informal. Vivre restaurant is awarded with one rosette and Le Belle Epoque is our fine dining two rosettes restaurant.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our F&B service, and welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again in the future.

Anna Marie Dowling – General Manager

There are newer reviews for Sofitel London Heathrow

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great staff, good rooms, quiet and relaxing everything is just right. Just the place for a stopover. The breakfast was very good with everything available. The rooms are modern and very quiet. Only negative minor comment (very minor), s on the complex control system for heating and lighting.
I have stayed at this hotel many times and the quality of service is always excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and you found the location of the hotel convenient for your stopover.

I am disappointed to read that you found our control system for heating and lighting complex. For our guest’s convenience both controls for heating and lighting are located next to the entrance door. By inserting the key into a key socket, both will activate and user instruction would be visible on the buttons.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed there for 1 night last night. It is right at the airport at Terminal 5. I needed to depart from Terminal 4 this morning and when I checked in I asked where I needed to go. The response wasn't detailed so I asked again this morning when I left. Again I did not get a good response - the man actually said he wasn't exactly sure where I needed to go. It is a hotel in the airport - 100% of their guest are arriving or departing from the airport and they should be trained on how to tell their guests the best way to get to their terminals. Also last night I needed a diet coke and nothing was open and I was told the only option was to order one from room service. It was over $21 for 2 cokes - that is just ridiculous. Also it was delivered in a bottle and the bottle opener in the room did not work. The room was very nice though.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Debi O

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I was disappointed to read that our staff could not provide you with precise information about the directions to Terminal 4. I truly understand your frustration and please accept my apologies for this service shortcoming. Please be assured that this has been addressed with the team and additional training has been provided to prevent similar situation from happening in the future. I have passed your comments on to our Front of House Manager, Vikramjit Singh, who will be more than happy to discuss your feedback further. Should you wish to share your experience with him, please do not hesitate to contact him via e-mail vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com.

For our guests’ convenience there is a gift shop in our hotel lobby that is open until 21:00 and our Sphere bar which is open until midnight daily. After these hours, food and beverages can be ordered via room service and a tray charge is applicable for room delivery. I am very sorry to read that you found our charges to be high.

We do place bottle openers in every room, and I am sorry to read that yours was faulty. I have passed your comments to our housekeeping department who will check all bottle openers and ensure they are in good working order.

For our guest’s convenience Hoppa Bus service which travels through all Heathrow Terminals, stops at the front entrance of the hotel. The service operates daily from 4.48am until 11.34pm at 30 minutes intervals.

On a positive note, I was pleased to read that your room was to your liking.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again soon.

Anna Marie Dowling - General Manager

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Nice hotel adjacent to Heathrow. Obviously, great to stay here while traveling through the airport. Efficient check-in. Very nice rooms with udpated furniture and amenities. Very nice bathroom with separate tub and shower. Quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your most recent stay with us at the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I was delighted to read your kind comments, I was pleased that you found our rooms to be well appointed with enjoyable amenities.

I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Clean, quiet, warm, lovely toiletries, helpful staff and clearly signposted from terminal 5. Breakfast pricey; head back to terminal for food. No airport noise at all. Comfortable bed, bath robe, tea and coffee, fridge with water included. This is an excellent choice if you have an early flight or late arrival. Will def. book again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel following your most recent stay at the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I was delighted to read your kind comments on our hotel and found us to be an excellent choice for guests having an early flight or late arrival into Heathrow.

May I for future reference point you in the direction of our website where you will find various special offers and stay packages some of which include breakfast.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed at the Sofitel either side of a recent trip to Dubai from Terminal 5. Very accessible from the terminal. Efficient quick friendly check in and out. Loved the room. Was upgraded to a slightly better room on the way back with the TV in the bathroom. Best bed I have ever slept in. Like sleeping on a cloud. Wish I had a similar one at home! Perfectly quiet. Excellent shower. Power sockets in all the right places. Free WIFI for 24 hours. Loved it! Didn't eat there, so cant comment on the food. Can't wait to return again in July prior to my next flight from T5.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your comments and that you found our hotel to be fabulous, very accessible and you had a great night’s sleep.

I shall share your kind comments to the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in July.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Location is the major plus for this hotel, as it's within terminal 5 itself. Reception was friendly, though rather inefficient (English was not the receptionists first language, which led to a slight delay in booking in).
Room was well-appointed, comfortable, and wonderfully quiet, athough we could see the planes lift off overhead, and the cars slide past on the airport's access road outside the window.

Buffet breakfast was delicious & comprehensive, except for the mushrooms, which tasted liked they were tinned, even though we were assured they were not.

Given the expensive price, it was disappointing to find there was no pool. However, convenience is second to none given the airport (& underground & rail links to London) proximity.

If you're on a tighter budget, and don't mind a short 5 minute bus ride (free!), the nearby Premier Inn is also pretty wonderful.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be quiet & comfortable, essential given its airport location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read you found your room to be well-appointed, comfortable and wonderfully quiet.

We pride ourselves in Vivre restaurant for having a great variety of dishes available and using the best ingredients, I shall pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager to see where we can improve with regards to the mushrooms.

Unfortunately we do not have a swimming pool however we have a great hydro pool which is very popular especially for guests who have just endured a long flight.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!