This is the first time I have stayed at the Sofitel Heathrow, but regularly stay at the one in Gatwick. The hotel is certainly up to the usual Sofitel high standard, with great rooms, reasonable wi-fi, quiet ambience and walking access to T5.
However, the restaurant is nowhere near up to the standard of the Asian restaurant in the Gatwick hotel. At £35.50 for the Chilean Chardonnay (about the cheapest wine) and £15.50 for an indifferent Green Thai Curry, this is not good value. The smell of cooking permeates the area of the restaurant where we were seated, and the service was only ok. 2 AA rosettes is a big surprise. No table cloths and slowly cleared tables complete the picture.
I would certainly stay here again, but I would eat in the terminal. Look at the Heathrow website for full details, but I know that at least the departures area has a coffee shop and Carluccio's restaurant. Arrivals has a Costa coffee shop and an M & S Simply Food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel