“Best hotel at Heathrow!”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 16, 2014

by far the best hotel at Heathrow and if you want to start your holiday in style or finish it off nicely then this is the place to stay. the rooms are great and if you can get a suite then you will love it! Food choices are three fold with a fine dining experience in the French restaurant, good solid menu in the main restaurant and my favourite is the tapas and nibbles in the bar. Always a good vibe in the bar and staff are very efficient and friendly. Business centre is very good and all of the meeting rooms are well equipped. Gym is OK albeit a tad small and only downside is having to pay extra for the spa given the prices of the rooms. Walking distance from the Heathrow Express and T5 is only minutes away.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AndySING73
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I was delighted to read how highly you praise our hotel, restaurants and facilities.

There is a charge for using the Spa facilities as we are a 605 bedroom hotel and the facilities we have would not be able to accommodate the vast number of potential users however the facilities are complimentary if a treatment is booked with the Spa.

I will share your comments with the team here and I do hope I have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some point during 2014.

Anna Marie Dowling - General Manager

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here on Sunday 23 Dec prior to our flight to Nairobi the following morning. As on our previous visit everything was perfect. I found a parking space straight away, right next to the lift. All of the staff were extremely helpful & the service in both the bar & restaurant faultless.

Our room was spotlessly clean & the bed extremely comfortable ensuring a good night's sleep. This sets the standard for LHR hotels & the package from Holiday Extras was extremely good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I was delighted to read you found our hotel to be as good as ever and you found the rooms to be spotlessly clean and the beds extremely comfortable.

I am pleased you found our park and stay package good value and parking the car and accessing the hotel easy.

I hope you had a pleasant onwards journey and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great bed = great nights sleep
5 minutes into terminal 5 = more sleep in the fabulous beds!
Helpful and friendly staff = Makes you feel valued and want to come back

Spotless, lovely ambiance, excellent in every way with the exception on 1 thing - no skirt hangers in the wardrobe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am delighted you found your recent stay with us to be comfortable and enjoyable with our team providing excellent service.

I am pleased that you found our beds to be fabulous and were able to depart well rested ready for your onwards journey.

With regards to skirt hangers, these should have been in your room and I do appologise that this was not the case for you, I will mention this to our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that in the future all rooms have the correct hangers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Having stsyed at Novotel on arrival at Heathrow from Australia and Sofitel the night prior to departure from the UK I have to say that on balance it is worth paying twice the amount for a family suite in terms of comfort and service. Your bags are taken to your room rather than struggling with a small lift and whereas the Novotel room had smelt badly of cigarette smoke ( we were moved) the Sofitel room is spacious and the standard of decor high. At Novotel I ordered porridge for breakfast and after 15 mins wait and an enquiry on my behalf was told that the gas supply was off. No one had thought to tell me.The food at Sofitel was good, if a little pricey and the service attentive. A far better experience all round. Commended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us,

I was sorry to hear that you did not have such a good experience at Novotel, however I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be excellent with spacious rooms and friendly staff.

I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Ideally located in T5 for those early flights we all seem to book! Even discounting the convenience factor, this is still a great hotel. You pay a bit more to be located in T5, but it's worth the extra few founds. This place surpasses every other hotel in the Heathrow area. I would even stay here if my flight was from a different terminal.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to read your kind feedback on our hotel, I am delighted how highly you appreciate the service, atmosphere, rooms and facilities.

I thank you for your kind comments on being the best hotel in the Heathrow area and for your loyalty with the Sofitel.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

The best hotel by far...

We stay in hotels of all brands all over the country all the time. This is by far the best.

Very war lm welcome. Excellent friendly staff.

Very large rooms with very nice bed abd LARGE bathroom.

Spa is an extra cost at £25 per room for 24hrs but is worth every penny and is a must.

Is a very short (warm&dry) walk across to terminal 5.

We hope to visit again...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to the Sofitel London Heathrow.

I was delighted to read that from all of your experiences in other hotel brands around the country you found our hotel to be the best.

Anna Marie Dowling - General Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have stayed at Sofitel hotels a number of times and have always been impressed with the quality of both the accommodation and service. Unfortunately, the experience we had just before Christmas was certainly not to the level we have come to expect from Sofitel.

To add insult to injury, the main gripe is we took the time to provide some constructive feedback and have been ignored. Not once but now by four different people within Sofitel. As a five star hotel, we fully accept that things can go wrong but at least deal with them in a professional manner.

We would advise anyone considering using this hotel to seriously reconsider. It is not cheap (we have no problem with that because generally you get what you pay for) but beware should you not be happy with the experience, Sofitel seem completely disinterested in dealing with the issues.

One star is unfair because the quality of the hotel accommodation is very good but that should be matched by the service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rob H
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I was most concerned to read that your recent stay with us was not enjoyable, and we failed to live up to the high service standards you expect from the Sofitel brand.

It is my understanding that our Front of House Manager, Vikram Singh has been in contact with you since, to review and resolve these issues with you.

On a positive note, I appreciate your good comments about the quality of accommodation.
I hope you will accept Vikram’s offer to give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow and restore your faith in us.

Anna- Marie Dowling – General Manager
Sofitel London Heathrow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!